You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Christmas Song [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Song

Sleeves
12-04-2008, 09:31 AM
The La La Christmas Song (http://www.atomsmotion.com/Christmas.htm)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I was feeling pretty good fa la la la la
Taking my time on the la la la la
Snow falling down in the la la la la
Everybody singing like la la la la
Decking all the halls with the la la la la
Making my way to the la la la la la la la

I like to drink a little beer
At the ending of the day
And go walking into town
Feels like a million miles away
The snow is like a sea
Like the sand above the beach
The lights walking in the trees
The people shining in the street
And the people in the light
All the children in the light
Singing holy holy night

I was feeling pretty good fa la la la la
Taking my time on the la la la la
Snow falling down in the la la la la
Everybody singing like la la la la
Decking all the halls with the la la la la
Making my way to the la la la la la la la

I like to sit out on the pier
And look across the bay
I don’t think about a thing
And feel a million miles away
Like I’m floating from the sky
Like a storm of falling snow
Then I’m spinning through the trees
Then I’m shining in the road
For the people in the light
And all the children in the light
Singing holy holy night

JustJon
12-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I love it. This song makes me want to make a holiday mix to play in my office just to make people listen to it.

~Katja~
12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
added to my play list! you are the best!

disneyspy
12-04-2008, 10:15 AM
my first music download on this computer
thank you sir,its great

Furtherman
12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
This song totally has a "i'm-walking-through-the-village-on-a-brisk-winter-night-and-the-snow-is-falling-and-i'm-people-watching" feeling.

Great work.

Sleeves
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
This song totally has a "i'm-walking-through-the-village-on-a-brisk-winter-night-and-the-snow-is-falling-and-i'm-people-watching" feeling.

Great work.

that's how it felt when i was working on it...like i was strolling through the snow...it was really nice...always feels lucky...

hexy68
12-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Great job as usual Sleeves!...beats fezzie's hands down! :clap:

Gvac
12-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Sometimes I really hate Sleeves for being so brilliant and prolific. It's a rare combo in an artist.

A deep bow to you, sir.

Tall_James
12-04-2008, 03:06 PM
It's great. As usual.

Happy holidays buddy.

Hottub
12-04-2008, 03:14 PM
The arrangement is beautiful. Really good stuff. And catchy, too.

But for some reason, I still dig "I Christmas Thee". Can't seem to put my finger on why.:innocent:

You've done it again, sir.

spot
12-04-2008, 03:16 PM
You've done it again.

jetdog
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM
absolutely gorgeous

happytypinggirl
12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
sure to be a huge hit. love it!

i also love fezzies though. i could listen to both all day. its officially added to my christmas season mix on my ipod.

diggerdog
12-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Brilliant!

Foster
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Great song, but how can it be a song about Christmas without Santa or little baby Jesus?

Sleeves
12-04-2008, 04:47 PM
The arrangement is beautiful. Really good stuff. And catchy, too.

But for some reason, I still dig "I Christmas Thee". Can't seem to put my finger on why.:innocent:

You've done it again, sir.

Maybe you didn't hear the line that went: La hottub la la?

cause that's there. I also talk about Chanukah, Kwanza, little Baby Jesus...

chanukah la la
la kwanza la la
la hottub la la
La babba jabba

Hottub
12-04-2008, 04:49 PM
:lol:

Sleeves is teh best. So is that younger guy he hangs out with from time to time.:thumbup:

DiabloSammich
12-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Brilliant song, however I think one more "la" would have put it at a "White Christmas" level.

That's just my two cents.

cozzie
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Great Job! This has been in my head ever since hearing it, La, la, la, la, la.

Devo37
12-04-2008, 06:22 PM
great song, sleeves! though I Christmas Thee is still my favorite.

KatPw
12-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Sleeves, as always, you rule.

Gvac
12-04-2008, 07:22 PM
As the highest of all compliments, I shall play this latest Sleeves masterpiece as I trim my pubes.

Top that.

Reephdweller
12-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Awesome Sleeves, an instant classic. Christmas music has officially gotten cool.

I've added this to my ipod!

Slumbag
12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
I'll quote my roomate while hearing that song.

"That guy CAN NOT make a bad song".
Absolutely fantastic.

KC2OSO
12-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Happy Holidays!

KC2OSO
12-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Happy New Year!

landarch
12-05-2008, 01:30 AM
I love it. This song makes me want to make a holiday mix to play in my office just to make people listen to it.

That was the very first thing I thought of when I heard this awesome song.

Zorro.Bean
12-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Does anyone have the link of Mooch's Dirk Diggler version of Fez's Christmas Song ?

celery
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
This song is beautiful - it comes across as so natural and effortless and that's what I love about it.

utriculus!
12-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Sleeves, you really are one of my favorite living beings.

:drunk:

Marc with a c
12-05-2008, 03:15 PM
catchy motherfucker

Marc with a c
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
we should have a sleeves karaoke night.

mikeyboy
12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
we should have a sleeves karaoke night.

Oooh... I wanna sing "The Mick's Metaphor".

Now there's money burning pockets in my hoooooo-ooooo-oooole

Marc with a c
12-05-2008, 03:22 PM
i call rock a hula luau

Gvac
12-05-2008, 03:23 PM
I've got dibs on "Did Ya Know?"

Fucking LOVE that song.

Hottub
12-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Can we get The Shark to do his role live?

mikeyboy
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Can we get The Shark to do his role live?

Great. Stink bombs for special effects.

Sleeves
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
i would never ever stop laughing if there was a karaoke night

not in a million years...

but i can provide all the "music" without the singing if that ever really happens

and i would definitely try to come

because one goal i have is to never stop laughing

AnnoyedGrunt
12-05-2008, 05:06 PM
A fine tune but I still prefer I Christmas Thee. Though it would be a tall order to top that one since I legitimately consider it one of my top 3 Christmas songs of all time.

Drunky McBetidont
12-05-2008, 05:14 PM
thanks sleeves. i was trying to figure out how to isolate it from the recorded rnf show and then you post it for me. :) you are the best.

bmanreboot
12-05-2008, 06:01 PM
http://bmanreboot.com/?p=348

RMPGP
12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
brilliance

~Katja~
12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
http://bmanreboot.com/?p=348

he already posted two versions of it himself

edit: nice mod work...lol fastest merge ever

CHUCKWAGONCOOK
12-05-2008, 08:50 PM
As the highest of all compliments, I shall play this latest Sleeves masterpiece as I trim my pubes.

Top that.
I will play this Fa,la,la,la song whilst I sew a foux velvet couch pillow and use Gvac's trimmed pubic hair as stuffing for said pillow. The pillow will be then adorned with purple ribbons, toe nail trimmings and a picture of a black baby Jesus.

Top That.

GreatAmericanZero
12-06-2008, 06:38 AM
im officially announcing this as my favorite christmas song of all time

sorry Waitresses "Christmas Wrapping" but records are meant to be broken

KnoxHarrington
12-06-2008, 07:48 AM
My favorite holiday songs have never been ones that are too specifically about the holidays themselves, but those that capture the feeling of this season. And this one certainly does that.

Well done, Sleeves.

TjM
12-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Fuck that was great.

drusilla
12-06-2008, 08:35 AM
i think this is my all time favorite holiday song. brilliant work once again. but i have to say this one takes the cake for me.

(even though fezzie's song gets stuck in my head pretty bad)

Holla Achu
12-06-2008, 08:52 AM
That song is incredible, Sleeves. I've never felt so emotional after listening to a Christmas song.

scottinnj
12-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks Sleeves! It's a great song, and I'm letting my sis know about it too. We like these types of holiday songs.

GreatAmericanZero
12-06-2008, 09:18 AM
anytime theres any kind of silence now all i hear in my head is "with the la la la la". Its crazy, walking to get coffee in the snow i can't stop with "the la la la la"

Sleeves
12-06-2008, 09:46 AM
anytime theres any kind of silence now all i hear in my head is "with the la la la la". Its crazy, walking to get coffee in the snow i can't stop with "the la la la la"

There's only ONE CURE (http://www.atomsmotion.com/uploads/christmasgaz.mp3)

Listen to this sparingly and you will soon be entirely free of the Christmas la la's.

GreatAmericanZero
12-06-2008, 09:56 AM

Listen to this sparingly and you will soon be entirely free of the Christmas la la's.

haha awesome! I'm honored

tileslinger
12-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Awsome as always!

nevnut
12-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I absolutely fucking love this song.

I hate Christmas songs, but I can listen to this song over and over again.

Great job Sleeves!!!

boosterp
12-06-2008, 03:37 PM

:lol:

Fucking 2 great songs in one thread!

Annie Waits
12-06-2008, 06:56 PM
i need this song on my ipod.....how can i download it on itunes?? i'm no computer genious....help.....quick.....i feel like i'm in the basketball diaries

Marc with a c
12-06-2008, 07:19 PM
feel like i'm in the basketball diaries

What does that mean?

~Katja~
12-06-2008, 07:24 PM

he has taken it to the next level by making up his own lyrics all night.

Sleeves
12-06-2008, 07:34 PM
i need this song on my ipod.....how can i download it on itunes?? i'm no computer genious....help.....quick.....i feel like i'm in the basketball diaries

Because of the basketball diaries, I'm uploading a version to itunes - search for "sherwin sleeves". You'll see the NEW Peas Hode CD there and a couple podcast things. In order to get the song on itunes quick, I'm uploading the song as a podcast. Which i guess it isn't. But that's as close as I can get to helping you out of the Basketball diaries.

In 4 to 6 weeks the song will be on normal itunes for 99 pennies...but it takes a long time to process.

It also isn't too hard to download the song from my site and get it on your ipod...marc with a c is good with this particular move...

~Katja~
12-06-2008, 07:38 PM
It also isn't too hard to download the song from my site and get it on your ipod...marc with a c is good with this particular move...

he has many moves, didn't you know he brings it?

Sleeves
12-06-2008, 07:55 PM
he has many moves, didn't you know he brings it?

are you saying what I think you're saying?

~Katja~
12-06-2008, 07:56 PM
are you saying what I think you're saying?

probably not :innocent:
I am just paraphrasing his very own statements...lol

Team_Ramrod
12-06-2008, 08:37 PM
i would never ever stop laughing if there was a karaoke night

not in a million years...

but i can provide all the "music" without the singing if that ever really happens

and i would definitely try to come

because one goal i have is to never stop laughing

That settles it!
If there's a 'Sleeves night', I'll be there.
And I will take Tub up on the offer with his chick.

Sleeves songs make me feel like a giddy school girl. I got goose bumps and shed a tear to this latest creation.
Just beautiful.

moochcassidy
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
erm this might be the best idea ive ever heard. sleeves karaoke night it is

~Katja~
12-06-2008, 08:50 PM
That settles it!

Sleeves songs make me feel like a giddy school girl. I got goose bumps and shed a tear to this latest creation.
Just beautiful.

god it better be a day I can be there.
say when!!!!

Hottub
12-06-2008, 08:54 PM
That settles it!

Offer still stands, brother.

Annie Waits
12-07-2008, 04:56 AM
Because of the basketball diaries, I'm uploading a version to itunes - search for "sherwin sleeves". You'll see the NEW Peas Hode CD there and a couple podcast things. In order to get the song on itunes quick, I'm uploading the song as a podcast. Which i guess it isn't. But that's as close as I can get to helping you out of the Basketball diaries.

In 4 to 6 weeks the song will be on normal itunes for 99 pennies...but it takes a long time to process.

thank you sleeves, i'll buy that song for 99 pennies when it comes out....i bet you could sell it for 1000 pennies and people would buy it, i know i would

Annie Waits
12-07-2008, 05:01 AM
What does that mean?

it's a movie, rent it if you have not seen it, very good with the young leonardo dicaprio

carlygirl
12-07-2008, 11:09 AM
I just had to say it again. All my friends love it. Who knew someone could make a NEW Christmas song that could be so wonderful.

Now is my frickin' rhapsody player would quit skipping I could enjoy the darn song.

Merry Christmas..la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, laaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

ChrisTheCop
12-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Have you heard "I Christmas Thee" by the same artist?

roger from cleveland
12-07-2008, 02:25 PM
greatest x-mas song ever!!!!

carlygirl
12-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Have you heard "I Christmas Thee" by the same artist?

No, but I assume it's on the site too? Cool...thanks...off to check it out.

mikeyboy
12-07-2008, 02:37 PM
erm this might be the best idea ive ever heard. sleeves karaoke night it is

I'm gonna practice.

zhippy tao, zhippy tao, zhip zhip

robot artist
12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
This is just the perfect Christmas song - completely evocative of the holiday season, but without any of the specific references or commercial overtones.

I love it. And this is coming from someone who hates Christmas. It reaches into my charred, blackened heart and touches me everytime I hear it.

Thank you Sleeves.

Mullenax
12-08-2008, 01:18 PM
The song gives me mental images of both good christmases and bad ones, and I think that interpretive flexibility is a sign of song greatness.<p>
Also it makes my ears happy.

AnnoyedGrunt
12-08-2008, 01:28 PM
This one is definitely growing on me. I can't be the only one who inadvertently finds themselves narrating their life to this tune. "I'm walking home from work with the la la la la"

TjM
12-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Opie loved it

Anthny.......well he's a mental patient

S.D.B.P.
12-08-2008, 01:35 PM
this song is another spine tingling work of art in a growing catalog of spine tingling art.

Sleeves = uber-rule.

too bad the swine haven't learned that pearls are not for eating.

oh wells.

I wait with baited breath for the next offering from sleeves.

helterskeletor
12-08-2008, 02:02 PM
This is just the perfect Christmas song - completely evocative of the holiday season, but without any of the specific references or commercial overtones.

I love it. And this is coming from someone who hates Christmas. It reaches into my charred, blackened heart and touches me everytime I hear it.

Thank you Sleeves.

Exactly. I have no religion and never have. I'm not a kid. Capitalism and buying stuff for people mostly irritates me. I'm kind of a bitter ass. But I feel some sort of lightness during Christmas. I don't know what it is, but I do feel something. Sleeve's song can take me there sometimes.

samrawet
12-14-2008, 09:38 PM
nice some I like it:clap:

Satisfire
12-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Very seldom do I hear a song that I can listen to on "repeat" but this is definitely one of them. It is ridiculous how good this song is... do you feel like having a framework to operate in (like the Christmas Song contest) allows you to be more creative by providing structure, or do you prefer to have no restrictions?

Sleeves
12-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Very seldom do I hear a song that I can listen to on "repeat" but this is definitely one of them. It is ridiculous how good this song is... do you feel like having a framework to operate in (like the Christmas Song contest) allows you to be more creative by providing structure, or do you prefer to have no restrictions?

i do like limits. I used to think any kind of limit was bs...like it was some kind of shackle...but then somewhere along the way I saw how any kind of limit is just like a prism...it focuses whatever it is going on inside and then that "substance" just takes a kind of unexpected shape...

But also I don't really work very well when my thinking cap it on. It needs to be off...and maybe far away. I like to just sit there like a zombie and play sounds I like and then later put the thinking cap on when I need to do the math part of a song...just figuring out words and nailing down the structure.

tileslinger
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
i do like limits. I used to think any kind of limit was bs...like it was some kind of shackle...but then somewhere along the way I saw how any kind of limit is just like a prism...it focuses whatever it is going on inside and then that "substance" just takes a kind of unexpected shape...

But also I don't really work very well when my thinking cap it on. It needs to be off...and maybe far away. I like to just sit there like a zombie and play sounds I like and then later put the thinking cap on when I need to do the math part of a song...just figuring out words and nailing down the structure.

Even the mans post are art!

Sleeves
12-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Docgoblin did a really cool holiday illustration for some NY papers (I can't remember which ones)...but he used some of the Xmas Song lyrics...

it's hangin on my wall now and thanks for letting me post it!

http://www.atomsmotion.com/uploads/holynightorig.jpg

Hottub
12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Oooh!
I think I have my holiday computer wallpaper.

Nice!

docgoblin
12-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I was very honored that Sleeves allowed me to use the lyrics in the illustration. I do a panel for three weekly newspapers on Long Island and they are also submitted to the NY Press Association website (http://www.nynewspapers.com/content/editorial-cartoon-exchange, you can see a few of my other cartoons there) where other papers throughout the state can pick them up for a few dollars. During Christmas week I always try to do something a bit more sentimental than my usual cynical (yet funny) cartoons. It was very difficult to come up with something positive this year given the economic climate. Sleeves' song inspired me. Whether you believe in the religious aspect of the holiday or not, the thought of the folks gathering together around the big tree and looking up at the star on that holy night was somewhat reassuring to me. Sleeves' song really brought that home. I am grateful for him in giving me the inspiration to do this illustration.

I am also honored that he put it on the front page of his website where the link to the song is. I told a R&F fan at work that Sleeves' and I collaborated on a project (ok, so I stretched the truth a bit) and he was sooooo jealous!

I hope the cartoon drives just a few more people to radioghost.com.. That would thrill me more than you can imagine.