You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Special Delivery Show Time! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Special Delivery Show Time!

Caseyelan
12-11-2008, 12:20 PM
This Saturday on your way to the RF.NET XMAS Party, check out THE SPECIAL DELIVERY SHOW on XM 202/Sirius 197 from 8-9!

Can't friggin wait!

http://www.cokelogic.com/temp/SNES-banner.jpg

Mod fix my spelling. I'm a dope.

here's the myspace:

www.myspace.com/specialdeliveryshow

and the facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=43419111094

mikeyboy
12-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Mod fix my spelling.

Please would have been nice.

Caseyelan
12-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Please would have been nice.

PLEASE.

THANKS.

:)

ToiletCrusher
12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
S&D did a great job with the lost tapes. I hope this will be at least as good if not better. I can't wait for the live show.

spainlinx0
12-11-2008, 01:00 PM
This one isn't live?

mikeyboy
12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
This one isn't live?

Nope. It's just an hour long and a preview for the live show the following week.

Big_Joe
12-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Might actually miss this, but not cause I want to.

jclassic
12-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Can't wait, loved the taped episodes. I don't think having callers is going to help them any though. Opie and Ron can't play off half the calls. Unless they have plan ahead and have a veteran like Crazy Jen or Big A call in.

novascotia
12-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Can't wait for this one. Really looking forward to the live show on the 20th.

spainlinx0
12-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Well too bad it isn't live, but I loved the first show and will definitely be recording this one.

Jughead
12-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I will be there....

smiler grogan
12-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Casey Elan= The most supportive wife ever. Good on you Casey!

Drew_C
12-12-2008, 09:21 PM
This one isn't live?

No reason not to listen. if anything I'm makin gonna pull a message board psychic here and say that every show will be as good, if not better, than the previous one. Just a prediction though, who knows...

utriculus!
12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Holy fucking shit I love that advertisement.

SNES CARTRIDGE MARKETING CAMPAIGN GOT THEMSELVES A FUCKING FAN!

http://smiliesftw.com/x/animepark.gif

PapaBear
12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Nope. It's just an hour long and a preview for the live show the following week.
Mikeyboy... The master of hype!:wink:

Reephdweller
12-12-2008, 09:36 PM
I will be listening with bells on and many quantities of alcohol in my system!!

jauble
12-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Quite excited, love the special delivery.

Devo37
12-12-2008, 10:19 PM
can't wait! the premiere episode was great.

Solveig
12-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Dave is GOLDEN!:clap:

ndr
12-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Special Delivery? hmmm....to quote the Homer...

BBBOORRRIIING!!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/d00ltaz/Homer20Simpson.jpg

mattkerkhoff
12-18-2008, 06:46 PM
I gotta know. I'm a regular listener but not a frequent poster.

Any links or websites help. Thanks in advance.

-Special K

Gvac
12-18-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't think I can enjoy listening now that Jay Mohr has told us all how awful Sam is.

Celebrities...is there anything they can't do?

Reephdweller
12-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't think I can enjoy listening now that Jay Mohr has told us all how awful Sam is.

Celebrities...is there anything they can't do?

Look at you following along like a sheep. Be your own man, maaannnn!!

jerkwaterUsa
12-18-2008, 07:59 PM
It's amazing how much better Sam is with Dave than he was with Than. East Side's brand of humor compliments him well. I am really enjoying all the extra curricular shows that are coming to the Virus. Especially anything that features that genius Ron Bennington.

Dell
12-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Looking forward to the 20th live show... hope they get a lot of R&F regular callers...

Reephdweller
12-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I've started my drinking early, listening to the wHat Show.

CaseyinOttawa
12-20-2008, 07:28 AM
That Sam and Dave have some real potential here? I think if they start to adopt a bit more of a "formula" to their show, franchise it a bit, they could do some serious comedic damage to Saturday nights.

Sam is effing hilarious and obviously has a career ahead of him. Dave has this manic ability to bring dynamite energy to the air, and when he's focused, can bring some very insightful commentary to a broad range of topics.

High Society was incredible and seemed to blend topic/callers/bits very well, and were Special Delivery to put some more prep work into their show I think we'd all be blown away.

Don't take this as a diss, I enjoy their material, but truly believe these cats have potential. How many other shows pack this kind of frantic, positive energy on air? That's their true defining identity so far. Carry on boys, and I'll be listening tonight :)

mikeyboy
12-20-2008, 08:34 AM
TONIGHT! 9:00 pm!!!!!!

GreatAmericanZero
12-20-2008, 08:48 AM
That Sam and Dave have some real potential here? I think if they start to adopt a bit more of a "formula" to their show, franchise it a bit, they could do some serious comedic damage to Saturday nights.

Sam is effing hilarious and obviously has a career ahead of him. Dave has this manic ability to bring dynamite energy to the air, and when he's focused, can bring some very insightful commentary to a broad range of topics.

High Society was incredible and seemed to blend topic/callers/bits very well, and were Special Delivery to put some more prep work into their show I think we'd all be blown away.

Don't take this as a diss, I enjoy their material, but truly believe these cats have potential. How many other shows pack this kind of frantic, positive energy on air? That's their true defining identity so far. Carry on boys, and I'll be listening tonight :)

i think they have potential because they are funny and they are doing something different. They seem to have more youth appeal and going in a different direction than the standard jock "we are rock stars who are so cool and everyone else sucks".

There has to be some kind of next generation of talk radio. All the old people in that field are getting really really old and it seems like its just waiting for young people to dominate.

CofyCrakCocaine
12-20-2008, 08:51 AM
The Dave and JayMohr show woulda rocked some serious tits.

cogsdoc
12-20-2008, 08:56 AM
The show has been outstanding, I cannot wait to hear it live (despite the opinions of one Mr. Jay Mohr). If this company can pull through I expect years of hilarity from both Special Delivery and High Society

CaseyinOttawa
12-20-2008, 09:17 AM
i think they have potential because they are funny and they are doing something different. They seem to have more youth appeal and going in a different direction than the standard jock "we are rock stars who are so cool and everyone else sucks".

There has to be some kind of next generation of talk radio. All the old people in that field are getting really really old and it seems like its just waiting for young people to dominate.

I agree GVAC (nice to meet you too!). They present an "everyman" perspective on things, approaching it from a unique angle. Neither fit into a specific 'branding'- High Society is stoner culture, OnA are jocks/straight up comedians, RnF are the off-beat quirky 'family' show (ie: their audience is really an extended family).

Special Delivery is going to be like that friend you see at the bar/party who is crazy and insightful when you're drunk as shit. Feels like you've known him forever and you develop that 'drunk bond', but when the next morning hits you think "holy shit- what was THAT night all about".

Caseyelan
12-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Special Delivery is going to be like that friend you see at the bar/party who is crazy and insightful when you're drunk as shit. Feels like you've known him forever and you develop that 'drunk bond', but when the next morning hits you think "holy shit- what was THAT night all about".

This is exactly what I think.

exactly.

CaseyinOttawa
12-20-2008, 09:36 AM
This is exactly what I think.

exactly.

Hey, it's the OTHER Casey! Congrats and I'm proud of you two! It's been amazing listening to the McDonald's journey from root to fruit.

Hope you didn't take that as disrespect, I just find that the boys have left me going "whew" by the end of the show. Dave is a good guy and I think he has great potential. This show could easily break into terrestrial radio given some more polish. Ronnie B's magic strikes again with pairing the two together, I was actually shocked.

I'm excited for tonight and have high expectations and hopes for the boys. they're a good match. Pass on to Dave that I love his energy and to stay focused!! :) Good luck with the babies!!

Reephdweller
12-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I agree GVAC (nice to meet you too!). They present an "everyman" perspective on things, approaching it from a unique angle. Neither fit into a specific 'branding'- High Society is stoner culture, OnA are jocks/straight up comedians, RnF are the off-beat quirky 'family' show (ie: their audience is really an extended family).

Well said, I agree totally. I also agree with what Gvac said. :laugh:

GreatAmericanZero
12-20-2008, 10:36 AM
it makes me GVAC...

Sue_Bender
12-20-2008, 10:38 AM
it makes me GVAC...

I knew it!!

over_here_now
12-20-2008, 01:21 PM
can't wait ....have a great show fellas :drunk: