You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
'Mad Dog' Bell found dead [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 'Mad Dog' Bell found dead

KingGeno
12-19-2008, 05:53 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081219/ap_en_mo/obit_bell

Fri Dec 19, 6:43 am ET

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – Mike "Mad Dog" Bell, a former professional wrestler whose struggle with substance abuse was featured in the documentary "Bigger, Stronger, Faster," has died. He was 37.

Bell was found Sunday at a Costa Mesa live-in rehabilitation facility, his family said.

An autopsy was conducted but investigators couldn't immediately determine the cause of death, said Dan Akin, a supervising deputy at the Orange County coroner's division. The coroner is awaiting the results of toxicology tests, he said.

Chris Bell, whose 2008 documentary examines the steroid use of his two brothers, said Mike Bell had long battled with his addictions to prescription painkillers and alcohol.

"He was always wrestling, he was a personal trainer, he was always pushing his body to the max," Chris Bell told the Orange County Register.

"You can't really blame wrestling, but it's kind of the lifestyle," he said. "You have a couple of painkillers to get to the next match, have a couple drinks night to night and it gets out of hand."

Bell wrestled on World Wrestling Entertainment's "Monday Night Raw" as a "jobber," a fighter who takes falls to promote others.

"Although Mr. Bell was never under a WWE contract, WWE extends its deepest condolences to the Bell family," the organization said.

Didn't see this, nor do I watch/take part in wrestling anymore.

foodcourtdruide
12-19-2008, 06:04 AM
How many people that I've never heard of will die this week? Hmmm.. probably a lot!

Freitag
12-19-2008, 06:11 AM
How do you die in a rehab? Isn't this the second person to die like that recently?

NewYorkDragons80
12-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Do you know the name... of the wrestlers in heaven?

http://www.musicroom.com/images/catalogue/fullsize/AM91067.jpg

Heather 8
12-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Mike Bell was the jobber Perry Saturn legitimately beat the shit out of during a match. The Moppy gimmick was supposedly punishment for this match.

http://www.wrestlinggonewrong.com/video/saturn_bell_match.html

King Hippos Bandaid
12-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Guess God needed a jobber

nope really, he does, with all the wrestlers in heaven, a few squash matches wouldn't hurt

Kevin
12-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Thats right Mikey

celery
12-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Kinda creepy, because I just watched "Bigger Stronger Faster" last week. In one scene, Bell's father calls Mad Dog a screw-up and says, "I think they're gonna find him dead someday."

I'd really recommend the film, if you're a wrestling fan or not.

EddieMoscone
12-19-2008, 01:21 PM
In one scene, Bell's father calls Mad Dog a screw-up and says, "I think they're gonna find him dead someday." .

I was at a show once (in the crowd, not working) and this dude was popping somas like tic-tacs. Out in the open. In front of fans.

I know wrestling is a tough business...but he seemed to enjoy showing off his abuse and seemed more intent on getting high than relieving his pain.

That being said, I can never claim to know what kind of pain these guys are in on daily basis. The really sad part was that he was trying to get help at the time of his death...

cougarjake13
12-20-2008, 12:42 PM
How many people that I've never heard of will die this week? Hmmm.. probably a lot!

yeh without a pic i have no clue who tis guy was

NITRON
12-20-2008, 01:55 PM
because he was a wretler there will hardly be any news coverage. unless he had .......