You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
WWE's Brands (Or Lack There Of) [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : WWE's Brands (Or Lack There Of)

SpicyMcHaggis
01-09-2009, 06:22 AM
So here's something that's become far too much of a problem for WWE lately. They claim to have three brands but all I see are three show titles with wrestlers jumping from one show to another. Miz and Morrisson seem to be a tag team where it doesn't matter what brand their affiliated with they can try to go after whatever title they want. Anyways, what I realized is that WWE is missing out on an opportunity to truly become what it's always wanted, which is truly THE dominant wrestling company. Yes, some would argue it already is but that's in a monopolizing sense.

We see three brands, and they're pretty much all the same. There have been some upgrades lately especially on Raw with perhaps the most in-depth character development I've ever seen in a long time, even if they are with established stars. So here's how I see it.

Raw - Wrestling's Present
If this is your flagship brand, then this is where you find the biggest main eventers and the mid-card guys who are gaining that status.

Smackdown - Wrestling's Future
Debut your FCW guys here. Have them develop over time and make them kings of the Smackdown brand. Then when they get really huge, ship 'em over to Raw.

ECW - All Star Show
Have your set group of wrestlers but give a unique offering that you're not going to find on any of the other shows, like a hardcore or cruiserweight division, or both. Plus, every now and then, book a special cross-brand match like an Extreme Rules because "their fight is so big only ECW could contain it" or something like that.

Brand Pride
WWE should be the governing unit over it's three brands. Raw and Smackdown's titles should be named after their brands and have their uniqueness with designs matching that of their brand's.

Raw World Heavyweight Championship
Raw World Tag-Team Championship
Raw Intercontinental Championship
Raw Women's Championship

Smackdown World Heavyweight Championship
Smackdown World Tag-Team Championship
Smackdown United States Championship
Smackdown Divas Championship

ECW World Heavyweight Championship
ECW World Cruiserweight Championship

Have a creative team for each show to focus on each show and guarantee unique storylines for each show. Make brand separation absolutely necessary unless it is called for in a storyline making it seem more special when one wrestler from another brand shows up on another show. Expand your rosters by a few guys to make each show feel like a different wrestling promotion. Make each show two equal hours. Return to specific brand PPV's so that storylines can carry over longer periods of time and have them build up to a climax at the PPV. Let the big four (Royal Rumble, Summer Slam, Survivor Series, Wrestle Mania) be the only times these shows mix unless it is a cross-brand match in a brand exclusive PPV.

I understand with the economy the way it is that this would all be too costly, but if WWE had done something like this from the beginning with its original brand separation gimmick, perhaps they would have been able to capitalize on two and then eventually 3 different brands to deliver to people and let them each have a unique audience.

cougarjake13
01-09-2009, 06:18 PM
i like what i hear

when can you start ??

Don Stugots
01-09-2009, 06:21 PM
indeed. lets get the promotion started already.

SpicyMcHaggis
01-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Two factors...

1. They won't hire

2. Makes too much sense

conman823
01-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I think we all saw it like that at the beginning. They just fucked it up as they always do.

A few amendments I would add though.

-An Undisputed World Heavyweight champ who defends on each show as called for by the angle hes in for the coming PPV.
-In the "absence" of the Champ being on your show the Mid-Card champ ( IC or US) would be the main focus of the show for that month or 2. This would also lend credibility too the mid-card titles.
-Please kill ECW. The name needs to be changed. For me its like having someone show your dead grandmothers corpse to you every week. WWECW is not and will never be ECW. Just make a new brand name! Shit even use Nitro for fuck sake.

Two factors...

1. They won't hire

2. Makes too much sense

It doesn't make sense unless a McMahon thought it!! Cause WE don't know shit!

SpicyMcHaggis
01-10-2009, 08:16 PM
I think I had a previous post where I re-formed the WWE and made the Undisputed Titles the World Heavyweight, World Tag Team, and World Women's where they'd be defended on all three brands with the mid-card titles being elevated.

All I know is that Vince could have three different products that reach out to three different groups of fans of wrestling and have control over three different niches to make money three ways!

vjr97
01-10-2009, 09:13 PM
the last thing the wwe needs is 10 -12 championships.they should get rid of wwecw(but not the tv show) and combine the world championships.

The Jays
01-10-2009, 09:26 PM
They should end this brand shit, merge the company, have more wrestling matches and less elaborate storyline. I watched one episode of Raw, and all they talked about was how this leprechaun Hornswaggle was Vince McMahon's illegitimate son. I vowed to never watch WWE again until I heard it was ok to watch again.

Mike Kingston
01-10-2009, 09:52 PM
I think Vince should hire a head writer to oversee each show, give them control and put them in opposition to each other. See what shakes loose. I think if the teams were put into real opposition with one another (and maybe given performace bonuses) that you'd see some really inspired booking. Of course this would mean Vince would have to step back from creative and we all know that would never happen.

In a perfect world, I'd...

Put Jim Cornette in charge of Smackdown
Put Paul Heyman in charge of Raw
Put Gabe Sapolsky in charge of ECW

I'd definitely have one champion (male, female), one set of tag champs, and cruiser champ that could work all three shows.

The IC, US, and ECW titles could be held by the number one contender for the world title and who the gets the title shot would be rotated by show. The TV shows would mostly be about people fighting for #1 contendership and to settle feuds/grudges while the big titles would only be defended on PPV.

SpicyMcHaggis
01-10-2009, 09:58 PM
That'll never work. It's too much like wrestling.

conman823
01-11-2009, 10:41 PM
I vowed to never watch WWE again until I heard it was ok to watch again.

PSSSSSST!
It still sucks hairy balls.

FYI:bye:

ScottFromGA
01-12-2009, 06:36 AM
Two factors...

1. They won't hire

2. Makes too much sense

quoted for truth, my fine, feathered friend......

SpicyMcHaggis
01-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Well, that's a little argumentative. Overall, we always know it could be better. TNA is really not a fierce competition so WWE really has no one to one-up on the television scene so they can put out whatever they want. Raw I believe has had some great storylines lately that are worth watching leading up to good matches. I like what they're doing with Hardy over in Smackdown and I think ECW has just some straight up wrestling for a good hour. The thing is that all three just don't hit the mark each time they're on.

conman823
01-12-2009, 07:29 AM
In 2008 they had the HBK v. Jericho storyline, which I admit was great. Then it became a best of 45 match series at every PPV and RAW. Of course not literally, but you get the picture. Also they could have done more with up and comer talents since Batista and Cena were injured most of the year, but they didn't. Instead as soon as Batista walked in the building *SMACK* World Title! Then Cena comes back and *SMACK* World Title! The "Legacy" thing was shaping up nice, but then they ruined it by losing DiBiase for Orton. Now they talk about bringing in DiBiase as a face........WTF?
I watch little Smackdown, but the Jeff Hardy thing is like watching the CM Punk forgettable reign on RAW. It has no legs because you know HHH wins at the end....always. This past week I caught SD and saw Triple H was given 3 matches in the show, while 4 guys who could use the air time in the back were sipping coffee.
WWECW needs a name change.

As I said in other threads, TNA is not the answer for everything. Its just different bullshit then what the McMahons are spoon feeding us.