You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Rourke says he'll be at WrestleMania [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Rourke says he'll be at WrestleMania

celery
01-25-2009, 08:03 PM
from www.f4wonline.com

Mickey Rourke at the SAG Awards tonight said he'd talked to Vince McMahon and that he would be at WrestleMania, and that he is coming for Chris Jericho. Thanks to everyone who wrote in with confirmation.

This could be a cool storyline if done right.

Cherry Pie
01-25-2009, 09:28 PM
from www.f4wonline.com

This could be a cool storyline if done right.

oooooooo i likey better than mayweather vs big show

hope Y2J dont job out tho

Flea_Man
01-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Should be awesome.

Mike Kingston
01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
I've also heard unconfirmed rumors of Mickey Rourke appearing at New York Comic Con next weekend. If so, I'll be psyched to meet him.

KojiClutch
01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Mickey Rourke > Donald Trump

Knowledged_one
01-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Mickey Rourke > Donald Trump

but not as good as tyson

celery
01-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Tyson was years past his prime by the time he appeared at Mania.

If they can somehow get Rourke to play a real-life Randy "The Ram" Robinson and wrestle Jericho, who attacks and berates him for being washed up, it could be the greatest WM celebrity appearance ever. We all know Rourke can pull off the sympathetic babyface, and Jericho is the perfect asshole foil for him.

I'm not sure how they're going to set this up, but we'll probably see it teased tonight on Raw.

Devo37
01-26-2009, 05:33 PM
i hope there's a run-in by pete rose.

celebrity gimmick matches = terrible.

Kevin
01-26-2009, 05:37 PM
i hope there's a run-in by pete rose.

celebrity gimmick matches = terrible.

I would agree, but Rourke is bat shit crazy enough to pull this off.

SpicyMcHaggis
01-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Wow, celery, you called it. Nice job.

Sue_Bender
01-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh, boy. Just when Mickey was on his way back...

conman823
01-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Ah......

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Fallon
01-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Jericho is probably stoked. This means he'll be hitting the talk show circuits.

RingWraith
01-28-2009, 04:04 AM

HaHa! You know, you're right about that.

Heather 8
01-28-2009, 04:11 AM

Can't be any worse than Redemption Song.

NYHCmikeX
01-28-2009, 04:20 AM
but not as good as tyson

or LT

ToiletCrusher
01-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Rourke vs the AARP in a steel-wheelchair in a handicap accessible ramp assisted cage match?

Freitag
01-28-2009, 05:57 AM
If Rourke and/or his people are smart, he should SHUT THE F UP ABOUT THIS UNTIL AFTER THE OSCARS.

Oscar voting is done after 2/10. That's plenty of time to hype for Wrestlemania.

celery
01-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke (with Ric Flair)

CruelCircus
01-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Rourke's backing out:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090129/D960IE9O0.html

Fallon
01-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Rourke's backing out:

He must have checked Matty's post.

YOU ROOOOOOOOONED IT!!!

Fallon
01-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Rourke and Y2J on LKL.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/raw/2009/january22-28/9248574

meanmrbill
01-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh, boy. Just when Mickey was on his way back...

I agree.

Rourke's backing out:

Rourke's foray into following good advice?

celery
01-28-2009, 10:03 PM
It's part of the buildup. I think the match is a done deal.

foodcourtdruide
01-29-2009, 07:23 AM
I saw the Larry King interview and I thought it was awesome. Jericho cuts the most brilliant promo's. It's kinda funny how some people totally don't get wrestling. Some of the comments below the youtube were like "IT'S FAKE!!!!". Why do people think that when someone is entertained by wrestling that they believe it's real? I didn't go to The Reader and start yelling "THIS DID NOT REALLY HAPPEN! THESE ARE ACTORS".

brettmojo
01-29-2009, 07:34 AM
I saw the Larry King interview and I thought it was awesome. Jericho cuts the most brilliant promo's. It's kinda funny how some people totally don't get wrestling. Some of the comments below the youtube were like "IT'S FAKE!!!!". Why do people think that when someone is entertained by wrestling that they believe it's real?
Cause' some economically challenged dentally deprived people from the southern areas of this country still believe it is.

And that's the fans they think about when they think about wrestling.

Mike Kingston
01-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Rourke apparently decided he wants to win an Oscar and pulled out of WM. Although they could just be waiting until after the Oscars to announce it so it doesn't hurt his chances.

TripleSkeet
01-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Vince just confirmed Rourke will be at Mania. I think they are just waiting to announce the match until after the Oscars.

So ironic that they make a critically acclaimed movie made to show people the dangerous lifestyle and the risks wrestlers go through to entertain the fans in a business they love. And the same actor that made the movie so memorable is at risk of losing an award he deserves because of the same wrestling prejudices the movie sheds light on. Unreal.

I dont get the negative stigma between wrestling and other entertainment. Millions of people love wrestling and grew up watching it. And when some famous person gets to live out a childhood dream by participating he gets berated and made fun of. Yet nobody says anything when Billy Crystal gets to play with the Yankees. Such bullshit.

foodcourtdruide
01-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Vince just confirmed Rourke will be at Mania. I think they are just waiting to announce the match until after the Oscars.

So ironic that they make a critically acclaimed movie made to show people the dangerous lifestyle and the risks wrestlers go through to entertain the fans in a business they love. And the same actor that made the movie so memorable is at risk of losing an award he deserves because of the same wrestling prejudices the movie sheds light on. Unreal.

I dont get the negative stigma between wrestling and other entertainment. Millions of people love wrestling and grew up watching it. And when some famous person gets to live out a childhood dream by participating he gets berated and made fun of. Yet nobody says anything when Billy Crystal gets to play with the Yankees. Such bullshit.

That is a great point. And at least rourke has the possibility of working a decent match. Billy crystal ends up looking like a child in a big leaguers clothes

cougarjake13
01-30-2009, 04:14 PM
problem is its already out there and the damage may already be done and no oscar for rourke

brettmojo
02-01-2009, 06:07 AM
-- WWE's official word on Mickey Rourke at WrestleMania 25 is that he will be merely in attendance at the event and not as a participant. WWE's statement reads: "WWE.com has learned that while Rourke will not be participating in the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania in Houston on April 5, WWE has, in fact, invited the actor to the event and looks forward to his attendance – as a guest of the company."

Damn. Jericho jobbing Big Show style to Rourke would have been the final nail in the coffin for WWE for me.