You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
TNA: Fan Oversight [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : TNA: Fan Oversight

conman823
02-03-2009, 08:30 PM
If you were given control of TNA, in all aspects, what would you change to bring the product up to a level where Vince McMahon shits his pants?

You can attempt anything, network changes, PPV or Primetime specials, marketing, writing direction, hire or fire.

Its like "Wrestling Tycoon" with the following exceptions:

- Vince Russo is immediately fired. So you don't have to do it.

- Dixie Carter has to wrestle Awesome Kong in a shoot-cage match at your next PPV.

The first thing I would do is hit the European Market HARD. Wrestling from America always sold well over there, merch and house rates are always good because they are starved for live shows 90% of the time. I would get a major BBC Channel for a 3 hour free PPV for Europe and plug the shit out of Merch and get my top stars on every show possible.

Then try to export Impact ASAP. Attack WWE from outside the US first. Deminish it as "kiddy" for the European and Asian viewers.

More to come after i see some of yours............

Mike Kingston
02-03-2009, 11:24 PM
If you were given control of TNA, in all aspects, what would you change to bring the product up to a level where Vince McMahon shits his pants?

You can attempt anything, network changes, PPV or Primetime specials, marketing, writing direction, hire or fire.

Its like "Wrestling Tycoon" with the following exceptions:

- Vince Russo is immediately fired. So you don't have to do it.

- Dixie Carter has to wrestle Awesome Kong in a shoot-cage match at your next PPV.

The first thing I would do is hit the European Market HARD. Wrestling from America always sold well over there, merch and house rates are always good because they are starved for live shows 90% of the time. I would get a major BBC Channel for a 3 hour free PPV for Europe and plug the shit out of Merch and get my top stars on every show possible.

Then try to export Impact ASAP. Attack WWE from outside the US first. Deminish it as "kiddy" for the European and Asian viewers.

More to come after i see some of yours............

Part of the problem with your proposal is that wrestling sells well in Europe/Mexico because its a novelty. Too much exposure would most likely feature diminishing returns so I'm not sure how hard you could attack the market. (especially since everyone and their brother would be running indies there with every washed up WWE guy they could find and burn out the market even quicker. See Italy)

You'd still need a strong presence in the US as you couldn't tape PPV's in the UK because they'd air on tape delay and no one would order them so you'd need to be able to generate a hot US crowd for your PPV's without alienating your European fanbase by giving the US all the PPV's....

I think TNA had a good recipe when they started and they got away from it. While the ex WWE guys have drawn better TV ratings, no one is touching the PPV buys that the Joe, AJ, Daniels feud generated. I think TNA needs to find the right mix of good talking stars to use in strong upper midcard matches but the show needs to be about the future. And that is guys like Joe, AJ, and MCMG.

I think they should differentiate themselves by their in-ring style. They can still have the promos and the backstage stuff but they should be able to separate themselves in the ring from the WWE. I think a more realistic fast paced athletic style would help attract some UFC fans as well as wrestling fans that are becoming turned off by the new PG WWE. Joe vs. Angle did record buys and they ran from it.

I'd build on the things that WWE shies away from like tag team wrestling, X division, and the Knockouts. With the right emphasis, those things can (and has) drawn them money.

Nash needs to go. He makes everyone look tiny, he can't go in the ring, and his personality is so strong that it eats up scenes. Same with Steiner.

I would make Kurt Angle the champ and treat him like ROH did with Bryan Danielson. Have him be the "best in the world" and every month you build up a challenger to take him on. No gimmicks, no divorces, no run-ins.....just Angle as the best wrestler on the planet. Have him make grandstand challenges to John Cena and Brock Lesnar. Get people's attention and then have blowaway matches once a month with Joe, Styles, Daniels, Booker.....whomever.

Every PPV needs at least one "match of the year" to get people buying again and then once a few people are over, they can settle into a more regular booking pattern

The things you could do with the TNA roster.....

SpicyMcHaggis
02-04-2009, 03:42 AM
- PPV's every other month to draw out storylines and save money.

- Actual identity to PPV's instead of looking like expensive house shows when in other cities. Is it so wrong to have some kind of set for the entrance area?

- Rough Cut is the right direction for character development, but don't treat everyone like a face with these mini-docs.

- WWE currently acts like TNA doesn't exist. TNA should act like WWE doesn't exist. Stop mentioning them. Stop referring to what people have done there in the past. TNA is who your work for.

- Too many authority figures. Pick one to be Director of Authority, move on.

- Have a wrestler be a color commentator, choose a new face for play-by-play.

I have way too many other things but I'll add more later.

Don Stugots
02-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Make AJ styles the champ and build the company around him and samoa joe. Stop it with the wwe fallen. Try to bring raven back as the color guy and manager. Keep producing good, solid tag teams and stables. ONE person making the rules on the air and not a commitee

Don Stugots
02-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Its too late now but, resign christian. He seemed like a perfect fit for the company.

TjM
02-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Hire Paul Heyman and give him full control

TjM
02-04-2009, 06:35 AM
Oh and fire that charisma-less Jeff Jarret

Don Stugots
02-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Tjm, I fully agree with you.

celery
02-04-2009, 09:13 AM
- PPV's every other month to draw out storylines and save money.

- Actual identity to PPV's instead of looking like expensive house shows when in other cities. Is it so wrong to have some kind of set for the entrance area?

- Rough Cut is the right direction for character development, but don't treat everyone like a face with these mini-docs.

- WWE currently acts like TNA doesn't exist. TNA should act like WWE doesn't exist. Stop mentioning them. Stop referring to what people have done there in the past. TNA is who your work for.

- Too many authority figures. Pick one to be Director of Authority, move on.

- Have a wrestler be a color commentator, choose a new face for play-by-play.

I have way too many other things but I'll add more later.

Is an on-air authority figure really necessary? Jack Tunney barely popped his head in, only if there was a serious controversy. I'd like to see a promotion run their day-to-day storylines without one.

BlackFan
02-04-2009, 09:16 AM
stop with the goofy vinettes,tna fans are fans of pro wrestling in general there's no need to treat us like the wwe's core audience.
put more hype around the x division,it was the big draw of tna before and now it's hardly a factor
agreed on the ppv set thing. give us a new apron atleast jeez.
forget suicide ever existed
and black snow and chet lemon full time commentary:thumbup:

KojiClutch
02-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Macho Man vs. Black Machismo = Ratings Gold

conman823
02-05-2009, 11:28 PM
As far as booking and writing is concerned, I would structure the writing staff with new fresh people (who are fans of the product), with some proven old timers at the table. I would set it up that the younger guys had enough stroke to overrule the old timers so as to keep the ideas fresh.

What about an un-edited internet show once a month? Kind of a roughcuts, but a half hour show. Feature a wrestler for 20 minutes. Keep it a "worked-shoot" type of angle, then at the end have a taped match to showcase the wrestler that was pre-taped before or after an Impact taping. Creating a connection with the wrestler, either heel or face would help a lot and give some guys more air time since they only have one show a week.

I disagree with the PPV's need to look more PPV-ish. ECW didn't need that, they sold PPV's based on the cards alone. TNA needs to do the same. I would say "you can only polish a turd so much", if the card blows then no-one will pay no matter what the sets look like. (I've been screaming at my TV for a year now daring TNA to give me a PPV I would PAY for, instead i get "Russo-shit"). All of wrestling needs less PPV's, its just overkill and waters down storylines and intrest in buying.

marcpsych
02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Oh and fire that charisma-less Jeff Jarret

You're right, and someone should fire Vince McMahon as well.

TjM
02-06-2009, 05:50 AM
You're right, and someone should fire Vince McMahon as well.

I see what you did there

BlackFan
02-06-2009, 10:55 AM
As far as booking and writing is concerned, I would structure the writing staff with new fresh people (who are fans of the product), with some proven old timers at the table. I would set it up that the younger guys had enough stroke to overrule the old timers so as to keep the ideas fresh.

What about an un-edited internet show once a month? Kind of a roughcuts, but a half hour show. Feature a wrestler for 20 minutes. Keep it a "worked-shoot" type of angle, then at the end have a taped match to showcase the wrestler that was pre-taped before or after an Impact taping. Creating a connection with the wrestler, either heel or face would help a lot and give some guys more air time since they only have one show a week.

I disagree with the PPV's need to look more PPV-ish. ECW didn't need that, they sold PPV's based on the cards alone. TNA needs to do the same. I would say "you can only polish a turd so much", if the card blows then no-one will pay no matter what the sets look like. (I've been screaming at my TV for a year now daring TNA to give me a PPV I would PAY for, instead i get "Russo-shit"). All of wrestling needs less PPV's, its just overkill and waters down storylines and intrest in buying.

ecw had crazy ass ring mats later in their history.

i'm tired of the run ins,that shit needs to end nao!

i was talking to my friend the other day about tna needing a secondary show,and an internet show is perfect.
they could even have a belt for it,and work angles around that title that people don't see on tv.give people incentive to go to their site.

it's easy to put random ass weak matches on a website but to build wrestlers there would be awesome.

cougarjake13
02-06-2009, 05:23 PM
ecw had crazy ass ring mats later in their history.

i'm tired of the run ins,that shit needs to end nao!

i was talking to my friend the other day about tna needing a secondary show,and an internet show is perfect.
they could even have a belt for it,and work angles around that title that people don't see on tv.give people incentive to go to their site.

it's easy to put random ass weak matches on a website but to build wrestlers there would be awesome.

ahhh so a internet title instead of the old tv title ... i like it