You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Legends of Wrestlemania [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Legends of Wrestlemania

JustJon
02-18-2009, 08:21 AM
This game comes out March 24, and I got to try it on XBox 360 at New York Comic Con. I played it with my 6 year old nephew and all I can say is it may be the best wrestling game since No Mercy on the 64.

We got to play with Hogan and Andre with Heenan managing and it was alot of fun. We were beating each other all over the ring, and Heenan would even interfere with the match, from attacking Hogan to lifting Andre's leg onto the ropes to break the 3 count. (It was Hogan v. Andre w/ Heenan)

I don't watch wrestling anymore, I haven't loved a wrestling game since N64, but bought and played them on gamecube and dreamcast, but there is a good chance I'll buy this one.

TjM
02-18-2009, 08:23 AM
I am still bull **** that Savage isn't in it.

Freitag
02-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I only play Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on the PS2... I am wicked annoyed that I can't play PS2 games on the PS3.

What system is this for?

Tazz
02-18-2009, 10:34 AM
What is the game play like? Is it grapple based like the N64 games or stupid push-a-lot-of-buttons based like the Raw vs. Smackdown games?

Freitag
02-18-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm surprised HHH is listed as "Hunter Hearst Helmsley"... although the modern incarnation of HHH is a "legend", Hunter version 1.0 is best known for jobbing to Warrior in 60 seconds.

I'm gonna make some wild guesses that Eddy Guerrero, Mr. T, Orndorff, Orton, and Richter are in there somewhere.

RingWraith
02-18-2009, 10:19 PM
It pisses me off that there won't be no Macho Man in the game, but F**KING Koko B. Ware is on the games roster!!! :wallbash:

King Imp
02-19-2009, 07:10 AM
While I will admit I was a huge Ultimate Warrior mark back in the day, I am surprised he made it in the game. I thought everyone in the company hated him and based on that bitter DVD they put out, still do.

TjM
02-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Warrior sucks

Freitag
02-19-2009, 12:31 PM
While I will admit I was a huge Ultimate Warrior mark back in the day, I am surprised he made it in the game. I thought everyone in the company hated him and based on that bitter DVD they put out, still do.

Warrior is still retro. You ask Joe Schmo on the street to name 10 wrestlers, I would guarantee that Warrior almost always shows up on that list.

Remember, the whole game is retro - and Warrior/Hogan is probably one of the top 5 Wrestlemania Main Events of all time. Not for workrate, but anticipation, excitement, and crowd reaction.

I think the biggest Wrestlemania Main Events (not best matches of the entire card all time, but specific main events) are..

Hogan/Andre
Hogan/Warrior
Bret/Shawn
Shawn/Austin
Bigelow/LT

Feel free to correct me.

Chimee
02-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Warrior is still retro. You ask Joe Schmo on the street to name 10 wrestlers, I would guarantee that Warrior almost always shows up on that list.

Remember, the whole game is retro - and Warrior/Hogan is probably one of the top 5 Wrestlemania Main Events of all time. Not for workrate, but anticipation, excitement, and crowd reaction.

I think the biggest Wrestlemania Main Events (not best matches of the entire card all time, but specific main events) are..

Hogan/Andre
Hogan/Warrior
Bret/Shawn
Shawn/Austin
Bigelow/LT

Feel free to correct me.

There is actually a mode in the game where you can play classic matches as either competitor where you can "relive history or rewrite it". The more I see of the game, the more I want to play it.

Chimee
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Final Roster for the Game:

Wrestlers:

- Andre the Giant
- Animal
- Arn Anderson
- Bam Bam Bigelow
- Big Boss Man
- Big John Studd
- Bret Hart
- British Bulldog
- Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
- Dusty Rhodes
- Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
- "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
- Hawk
- Honky Tonk Man
- Hulk Hogan
- Hunter Hearst Helmsley
- Jake "The Snake" Roberts
- Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
- Junkyard Dog
- Kamala
- King Kong Bundy
- Koko B. Ware
- Michael Hayes
- "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
- Mr. Perfect
- Nikolai Volkoff
- "Ravishing" Rick Rude
- Ric Flair
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
- Sgt. Slaughter
- Shawn Michaels
- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
- The Iron Sheik
- The Rock
- Ultimate Warrior
- Undertaker
- Yokozuna

Managers (Non-playable):

- Bobby Heenan
- Jimmy Hart
- Mr. Fuji
- Paul Bearer

Freitag
02-19-2009, 12:59 PM

Wrestlers:

- Andre the Giant
- Animal
- Arn Anderson
- Bam Bam Bigelow
- Big Boss Man
- Big John Studd
- Bret Hart
- British Bulldog
- Dusty Rhodes
- "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
- Hawk
- Honky Tonk Man
- Hulk Hogan
- Hunter Hearst Helmsley
- Junkyard Dog
- Kamala
- King Kong Bundy
- Koko B. Ware
- Michael Hayes
- Mr. Perfect
- Nikolai Volkoff
- "Ravishing" Rick Rude
- Ric Flair
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
- Sgt. Slaughter
- Shawn Michaels
- The Iron Sheik
- The Rock
- Ultimate Warrior
- Undertaker
- Yokozuna

Managers (Non-playable):

- Bobby Heenan
- Jimmy Hart
- Mr. Fuji
- Paul Bearer

Is there a CAW in it and can you play online?

The only issue is, only a few of these wrestlers have an actual, discernible workrate. Bret, Austin, Rock, HHH, Flair, HBK, Arn, Perfect, and Rude.

wait.

WHY IS BOSSMAN IN THIS GAME?!

And where'd Snuka go? Snuka's art is listed on WWE.com...

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/legendswrestlemania/roster/

RingWraith
02-19-2009, 02:53 PM

Wrestlers:

- Andre the Giant
- Animal
- Arn Anderson
- Bam Bam Bigelow
- Big Boss Man
- Big John Studd
- Bret Hart
- British Bulldog
- Dusty Rhodes
- "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
- Hawk
- Honky Tonk Man
- Hulk Hogan
- Hunter Hearst Helmsley
- Junkyard Dog
- Kamala
- King Kong Bundy
- Koko B. Ware
- Michael Hayes
- Mr. Perfect
- Nikolai Volkoff
- "Ravishing" Rick Rude
- Ric Flair
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
- Sgt. Slaughter
- Shawn Michaels
- The Iron Sheik
- The Rock
- Ultimate Warrior
- Undertaker
- Yokozuna

Managers (Non-playable):

- Bobby Heenan
- Jimmy Hart
- Mr. Fuji
- Paul Bearer

I've noticed that Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat isn't in it as well. Assuming that since Macho Man is not the roster, nobody could "relive/rewrite" the best match of WM 3: Savage vs. Steamboat. sigh!:down:

Chimee
02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
That list was compiled from videos posted on IGN and in the articles it was noted that Snuka is in the game, but wasn't featured in the video.

Also there will be a CAW mode in the game and it also allows you to import your CAWs from SvR 2009.

Freitag
03-23-2009, 06:09 AM
So it comes out tomorrow. Who is getting it, and for which system?

Dougie Brootal
03-23-2009, 06:16 AM
me. ps3.

Chimee
03-23-2009, 10:30 AM
I'll be getting it for 360.

Freitag
03-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Do you need to have a physical copy of SDvsRaw 2009 for the importing of the modern-day wrestlers, or can I just rent it and download?

Dougie Brootal
03-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Do you need to have a physical copy of SDvsRaw 2009 for the importing of the modern-day wrestlers, or can I just rent it and download?

i would assume you could rent it. but you might wanna check ign or something.

Chimee
03-23-2009, 02:55 PM

I figure as long as you have a save game on your system, it should work.

Freitag
03-24-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm gonna go with PS3 only because my Xbox live sub ran out and I don't feel like paying 50 bucks to play online.

That being said, I really hope the "classic" wrestlemania theme is in this game.

TjM
03-24-2009, 07:17 AM
IGN review is up

Dougie Brootal
03-24-2009, 07:19 AM
I'm gonna go with PS3 only because my Xbox live sub ran out and I don't feel like paying 50 bucks to play online.

That being said, I really hope the "classic" wrestlemania theme is in this game.

whats your ps3 nick name?

Freitag
03-24-2009, 07:28 AM
whats your ps3 nick name?

BeerMugChucker

Freitag
03-24-2009, 07:32 AM
IGN review is up

Ouch. He didn't like it. But all the things he lists as negative (control system, graphic tweaks)... I dunno. Everyone else seems to rank it in the 8's except this guy.

Does this guy's review hold a lot of water?

Dougie Brootal
03-24-2009, 07:34 AM
BeerMugChucker

i hate you.

King Imp
03-24-2009, 10:24 AM

By this, does this mean that you can import all the real wrestlers from the previous game or just the CAWs?

Chimee
03-24-2009, 10:30 AM
One thing I noticed he really had a problem with is how the legends look, specifically how they're not true to life. It would be great if it was the latest SvR game and Triple H looked like Hogan does in this game, but part of the sales pitch of this game is how the legends look like you remember them, not necessarily how it really was.

And reading on, he just begins to nitpick. Who really cares what color JYD's pants are?

Chimee
03-24-2009, 10:31 AM
By this, does this mean that you can import all the real wrestlers from the previous game or just the CAWs?

Both.

Chimee
03-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Does this guy's review hold a lot of water?

The guy is usually really forgiving of wrestling games and he's the one that does all the coverage of them. His complaints seem to be how the game varies from what he likes about SvR and then just nitpicking little things about the game.

Freitag
03-24-2009, 10:35 AM
One thing I noticed he really had a problem with is how the legends look, specifically how they're not true to life. It would be great if it was the latest SvR game and Triple H looked like Hogan does in this game, but part of the sales pitch of this game is how the legends look like you remember them, not necessarily how it really was.

And reading on, he just begins to nitpick. Who really cares what color JYD's pants are?

One of the best wrestling games of all time is Wrestlefest. I didn't have a problem with Earthquake being ripped in that game.

Plus, I'd rather play with "optimized" looking wrestlers. Bundy is actually scarier being ripped in this game then being the pale sloth he was back in the day.

Does Bundy hold up his hand and yell "FIVE!"? Otherwise, I can understand the 6.5 rating. /sarcasm

Freitag
03-24-2009, 11:28 AM
The guy is usually really forgiving of wrestling games and he's the one that does all the coverage of them. His complaints seem to be how the game varies from what he likes about SvR and then just nitpicking little things about the game.

I just read this guy's review for Fire Pro Returns, probably one of the best wrestling games of all time, and he gave it a 7.

Something tells me he's a Benoit apologist too.

Chimee
03-24-2009, 12:47 PM
I like the game so far, but the one thing I absolutely cannot stand is the submission system. It's pretty much that if your stamina is low enough, you'll tap out in a wrist lock, it's fucking frustrating and I can't figure out a way to counter any of it.

cougarjake13
03-24-2009, 05:39 PM
I like the game so far, but the one thing I absolutely cannot stand is the submission system. It's pretty much that if your stamina is low enough, you'll tap out in a wrist lock, it's fucking frustrating and I can't figure out a way to counter any of it.

is it maybe something that as you accrue time and whatever it wont be as easy to submit or is it always that way no matter how much time and experience is gained during play ??

TripleSkeet
03-24-2009, 05:50 PM
I havent played it yet but I just gotta say...No Steamboat, No Savage....but Koko B. Ware and Jim Duggan are in it. FAIL.

Chimee
03-24-2009, 06:07 PM
is it maybe something that as you accrue time and whatever it wont be as easy to submit or is it always that way no matter how much time and experience is gained during play ??

I haven't tried it yet, but when I was playing as Bret Hart in the Relive mode, it said to make Stone Cold submit to the Sharpshooter by pressing A,X,Y,B when it appears. I'm thinking maybe whoever presses those buttons fastest win the submission battle or something.

Dougie Brootal
03-24-2009, 07:46 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but when I was playing as Bret Hart in the Relive mode, it said to make Stone Cold submit to the Sharpshooter by pressing A,X,Y,B when it appears. I'm thinking maybe whoever presses those buttons fastest win the submission battle or something.

your guess is correct.

Chimee
03-24-2009, 07:49 PM
That would explain why every time I mashed the buttons like any other time that display pops up, I'd end up tapping.

RingWraith
03-24-2009, 08:29 PM
I havent played it yet but I just gotta say...No Steamboat, No Savage....but Koko B. Ware and Jim Duggan are in it. FAIL.

My thoughts exactly!

TjM
03-25-2009, 05:06 AM
The no Savage thing is a crime

Freitag
03-25-2009, 06:12 AM
I'm not happy with the game, but it's been a while since I played a wrestling game. I don't know. Maybe I'm just happy with Fire Pro. "Legends" feels clunky.

Just glad I rented it...