You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Tazz departs WWE. [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Tazz departs WWE.

conman823
04-02-2009, 06:15 AM
The dirt sheets are reporting that Tazz has left the WWE.

From ProWrestling.com:
Update On Tazz' Sudden WWE Departure
Date Added: March 31, 2009
Story By: Tim Brown
The only update on Tazz leaving WWE right now is that he asked for the release several weeks ago according to well placed sources. His reason was that he 'wanted some time off to recharge his batteries'.

There are conflicting reports on when his contract was set to expire. Some sources were under the impression it was today while others are saying within the new few weeks to a month. I'm being told that last night was his final date with the company although a return at some point is possible.

He was saying his goodbyes last night at the TV tapings.

You may remember Tazz as one of the first ECW Crossovers to Job to everyone and anyone on WWE TV and PPV. He even jobbed to Jerry Lawler and JR with a Soda Pitcher.

Prior to his jobber days with "The E" Tazz performed in ECW where he was a huge crowd favorite, being the last man to hold the ECW World Championship before the company was given to Vince McMahon to wipe his ass with.

Know then as the Human Suplex Machine, in recent years he was more like "The Human Twinkie Machine" and had Joey Styles do all his in ring work during his last visit to a PPV, where over 10 years later he got a W off of Jerry Lawler. Jerry Lawler, of course, is a man north of 50 and still activley wrestles. Tazz still actively competes at the Nathans Hotdog eating contest.

I would suggest for more info you got to WWE.com, but they are probably in the process of removing an info about Tazz from the site, because if you don't work for the WWE you just don't exist. Right Mick Foley?

oh_kee_pa
04-02-2009, 06:22 AM
recharge his batteries???

What.The.Fuck. He works one day a week

MIKEYDAKEN
04-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Rhino was the last ecw champ i think

conman823
04-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Correction:

Tazz was the last person to hold the ECW Championship with any sort of dignity, and not at all controlled by Vince McMahon.

Rhino by the "history" books was the last "ECW Champion"

DarkHippie
04-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Know then as the Human Suplex Machine, in recent years he was more like "The Human Twinkie Machine" and had Joey Styles do all his in ring work during his last visit to a PPV, where over 10 years later he got a W off of Jerry Lawler. Jerry Lawler, of course, is a man north of 50 and still activley wrestles. Tazz still actively competes at the Nathans Hotdog eating contest.

Tazz's neck is held together with matchsticks and glue. He can't wrestle anymore, which is why he became an announcer

epo
04-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Let's remember that Vince let Tazz debut by going over an undefeated Kurt Angle. Tazz just didn't mesh with WWF's style so he quickly moved down the ladder.

He is a case that I can't blame Vince for.

Freitag
04-02-2009, 07:43 AM
recharge his batteries???

What.The.Fuck. He works one day a week

I'm sure he has to travel, do personal appearances, do voiceovers for SD...

Foley said he had more stress doing PBP with Vince in his ear than he ever had actually wrestling.

Don Stugots
04-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Let's remember that Vince let Tazz debut by going over an undefeated Kurt Angle. Tazz just didn't mesh with WWF's style so he quickly moved down the ladder.

he was one guy that I was pissed to see leave ECW. He was was too short for the WWE and their "standards" of what a champion is supposed to be.

TripleSkeet
04-02-2009, 07:58 AM
The timing really baffles me. If you wanna leave WWE you dont leave a week before Wrestlemania and your biggest paycheck of the year. Dummy.

Freitag
04-02-2009, 08:30 AM
The timing really baffles me. If you wanna leave WWE you dont leave a week before Wrestlemania and your biggest paycheck of the year. Dummy.

Vince may have wanted to lock him into a contract in order for him to keep working, if in fact his contract was up.

I agree, the timing is suspect, but if he was working without a contract, who knows.

Don Stugots
04-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Everything I have read states his contract was up and he didn't want to renew and left on very good terms.

I hate that most sites are talking about how he should go to MMA or TNA to fight Joe, the dude is 41 and his neck being what it is, what does he have to prove?

Fallon
04-02-2009, 09:31 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rdx7g88Bm3g&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rdx7g88Bm3g&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU'REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DEPAAAAAAARTED!!!

ralphbxny
04-02-2009, 11:21 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rdx7g88Bm3g&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rdx7g88Bm3g&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AHHH the good old days!!

G'bye Mr. Taz. You will be missed!

SP1!
04-02-2009, 01:52 PM

I dont think he meshed with their current style, which is why quite a few fans have dropped lately when they brought it morons like cena.

Last time I really paid attention to wrestling was during the rock and austin days, its just dull now.

TheGameHHH
04-02-2009, 03:16 PM

i know nobody is gonna believe me but about 2 minutes into that clip the whole arena breaks out into a "We want Taz!" chant. Wanna know who started that chant that night? Me.

Bob Impact
04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
i know nobody is gonna believe me but about 2 minutes into that clip the whole arena breaks out into a "We want Taz!" chant. Wanna know who started that chant that night? Me.

I don't believe you.

Don Stugots
04-02-2009, 03:24 PM
i was there too that night. great match.

Tenbatsuzen
04-02-2009, 04:24 PM

Still one of my favorite debuts of all time. Hot crowd, awesome entrance.

RingWraith
04-02-2009, 05:37 PM

Actually, I was the one who started the chant that night! :smoke:

Fallon
04-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Still one of my favorite debuts of all time. Hot crowd, awesome entrance.

Finkle fucked up the intro though. He did it too soon, stopped, then did it right.

TheGameHHH
04-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Actually, I was the one who started the chant that night! :smoke:

LIAR!!! You filthy fuckin liar! Thinkin you can just say shit on an internet message board and people will believe you? foolish

Dan G
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Does Taz still do radio? I know he's had stints on WJFK, WFNY, Howard 101, etc...

Talk radio on terrestrial has pretty much gone extinct, but I wonder if his departure from wrestling has anything to do with him wanting to go radio full time.

Tenbatsuzen
04-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Finkle fucked up the intro though. He did it too soon, stopped, then did it right.

sounded like a bad mic.

Chob
04-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Does Taz still do radio? I know he's had stints on WJFK, WFNY, Howard 101, etc...

Talk radio on terrestrial has pretty much gone extinct, but I wonder if his departure from wrestling has anything to do with him wanting to go radio full time.
The show he did with Michael Cole on Howard 101 was pretty good. But they didn't promote it beforehand at all that I can remember and left people to stumble upon it by accident.

I'd love to hear him on radio again.