You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Re-Writing The Book: Wrestle Mania 25 [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Re-Writing The Book: Wrestle Mania 25

SpicyMcHaggis
04-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Opening Contest:

- Rey Mysterio vs JBL for the Intercontinental Championship: Having this match first as an opening with the quick title change and then JBL still playing the "I Quit" card after the title change.

- John Morrison/The Miz vs Carlito/Primo for WWE Unified Tag Team Championship: New tag team belts are revealed after both teams hand in their respective titles to the officials. Carlito and Primo become new WWE Tag Team Champions after the Miz and Morrison piss off one too many of the lumberjacks surrounding the ring.

- Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy: I would still have Matt Hardy go over but no ladder spots so as not to take away from the Money in the Bank Match

- 25 Diva Battle Royal: Kid Rock only performs one song for all the Divas to come too instead of taking so much time away from the event. Mickie James wins after revealing Santino's ruse and eliminates him from the ring

- Money in the Bank: Same match with the ending coming with Christian's ladder rebound spot because the crowd was at it's hottest when he nearly won.

- Chris Jericho vs. Legends: Early eliminations of Snuka and Piper to allow Steamboat to work over Jericho the most. Finish comes when Legends distract ref to allow Mickey Rourke to deliver the Ram Jam off the top rope and Steamboat gets the pin. Legends celebrate the victory.

- WWE Hall of Fame Commencement: Inductees are presented, Stone Cold rides out once again. All of a sudden, The Rock's music hits as Stone Cold and the crowd is stunned at what's happening. The Rock comes down the ramp and grabs a mic before entering the ring. After talking about how he could come down and run down Austin and jaw jack him, tell him how he's beaten him before, he decides to extend a hand and congratulate him on an amazing career. The two shake hands and Austin gives him a beer as the music plays. As they toast, Austin delivers a stunner to the Rock and the music blasts one more time as he gives what essentially is his farewell to professional wrestling, going out the way he came in, kicking ass.

- Backstage Interview with Edge talking about defending the World Heavyweight Championship, Edge all of a sudden pauses, camera moves back to reveal Christian standing next to him holding the Money in the Bank briefcase. After a moment, Edge says, "Hey... congrats on the win." Christian replies, "Hope I can say the same to you... brother."

- Edge vs John Cena vs Big Show for World Heavyweight Championship: After John Cena delivers the Attitude Adjuster to Big Show, Edge capitalizes with a spear and pins Cena to retain. As Edge celebrates, Christian is standing at the ramp looking at him and applauding then holds up his briefcase.

- Randy Orton vs Triple H for WWE Championship: Before the match, we see Triple H walking with the sledgehammer and then confronting Vince and Shane and Stephanie. He hands the sledgehammer to them as they tell him to give Randy Orton hell. Randy Orton is talking to DiBiase and Rhodes letting him know that tonight it's between him and Triple H and to stay backstage. Finish comes when Orton plays possum after an extended beat down with the referee trying to get Triple H off what appears to be an unconscious Randy Orton. He hits the RKO out of nowhere and wins the WWE Championship.

- The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels: Exact same match we saw that night except it would fall at the end of the show because nothing could follow what these two did.

TripleSkeet
04-06-2009, 08:16 AM
That wouldve been a great Wrestlemania.

Freitag
04-06-2009, 08:20 AM
I would agree with most of this, except the following changes:

HOF Ceremony before Rey/JBL. No austin coming down post-HOF.

JBL jobs, doesn't quit, starts ranting like Mortimer at the end of Trading Places, wanting Rey to come back out. Austin comes out instead, stunner, beer bath. JBL then quits on Raw the next day.

I'd also have Orton win, but with a Steph heel turn, setting up the Legacy with Steph vs. HHH with Vince and Shane.

Don Stugots
04-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I agree with Spicy on all fronts but the HOF, The Rock will not be back in a ring for anything at all in the near future.

Edge/Christian would be great. Someone mix Jeff hardy into it some how.

Matty, get over Steph. The Mcmahons DO NOT need to be on screen for anything. they all suck the energy out of an angel.

TripleSkeet
04-06-2009, 09:06 AM
From what Ive read the reason The Rock doesnt come back for short feuds is because of a conversation he had with Hogan. Hogan basically told him that the more he comes back, the less seriously he will be taken in Hollywood and that eventually the only movie roles he would be offered would be the "Santa with Muscles" type.

But I think a scenario like Spicy put up may have been one that couldve been done. Wrestlemania is the one PPV where celebrity appearances dont get criticized. Plus he wouldnt have been wrestling a match and would get to send off a guy who basically helped make him as big as hes gotten. It wouldve been tremendous.

Don Stugots
04-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Spicy, can you include:

the next night on RAW Orton smashes the "Spinner" belt with a sledgehammer saying "this belt is a symbol of the unworthy, I deserve a belt more fitting for The Age of Orton" as Dibiase and Cody hand him his new belt that is more traditional.

cougarjake13
04-06-2009, 02:53 PM
i like spicy's mania version

and i hate that fucking spinner belt

the fact that they never change it proves at some time or another cena will get it back, like last night

sadly we all knew that hhh was gonna win once cena did

they werent gonna go from 2 champ belts on SD! to 2 belts on raw

SpicyMcHaggis
04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
After RAW tonight depending on how it goes I'll do a "Re-Writing the Book" on that episode.

cougarjake13
04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
After RAW tonight depending on how it goes I'll do a "Re-Writing the Book" on that episode.

great idea

then we could see what a real awesome wrestling show would be like