You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Ricky The Dragon Steamboat [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Ricky The Dragon Steamboat

The Nature Boy
04-07-2009, 06:39 AM
How amazing was THAT trip in the Delorean for the Dragon in these past two nights? I really had reached a logical impasse with the WWE, unable to process their largely shitty storytelling.

But then some things hit you that defy logic.

And that was the Dragon, who took me back 22 years when I was a fat little kid marking out like crazy and here I am now, a fat guy marking out like crazy as he hit deep arm drags and flying cross body's and skinned the cat. He's a little slower, and not exactly as quick, but I think that could be owed to taking 15 years off as much as anything. After watching him pick up a double chin these past few years, I knew he'd come back primed with pride for this and it showed, he was in fantastic shape.

Best of all though, a crowd I wouldn't have guessed, but should have known, would show him the appreciation did. Texas wrestling history runs deep, and to hear them chant for him and recognize the moment with "You Still Got It" chants really warmed my heart.

I hope he works a spring tour, at least in the northeast and possibly Carolina's, which were his big home bases in his career. To watch the Dragon one more time, it would be perfect.

One issue, they need to get away from this Dragon music and go back to "Eye in the Sky" for him and then we'll REALLY be home.

cougarjake13
04-08-2009, 07:05 PM
maybe a brief IC title run

or at tag title run with someone

hammersavage
04-08-2009, 07:11 PM
He's no Ricky24

Sue_Bender
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
The only problem is that I don't think he can work a "convincing" program with the younger talent that doesn't look too staged.

Let him work with someone like Finlay. A wrestling match without the theatrics.

Although, I agree that his brief re-emergence is the best thing I've seen on WWE in quite some time.

If he can settle down, and not try to fit all his spots in...this could be very interesting.

I have a feeling that this blessing is far too temporary.

RingWraith
04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
It wouldn't shock me if we Steamboat more often now.

Vince will most likely milk this nostalgia as long as Ricky can perform if he wants to.

cougarjake13
04-09-2009, 04:04 PM
i can see ricky being like flair was in evolution, maybe they team him up with cena and cryme tyme or something

IslandStorm
04-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Seeing Steamboat pulling off all of his classic spots at "Mania" and then again on Raw the next night was awesome!

The Texas crowd truly showed their appreciation to a man who has given his all to the business. It appears that Steamboat still has some gas left in the tank and more to give.

If Vince was smart..and I truly believe that he is...then he'd set up some sort of program for Steamboat...even if it were only for a month or so to span into a singles match for a PPV. As was mentioned above, work him into a believable program with a more "mature" worker such as Finlay or even William Regal, who works a more classic wrestling style. I think it could be a home run if done correctly without the theatrics. Regal is a no-nonsense kind of wrestler and a program between he and Steamboat could be very entertaining.

I'd also like to see Steamboat, as mentioned above as well, lead a faction of young up-and-comers. He could mentor them and lead them to greatness. Seeing him on-screen more often would be very cool.

Let's hope Vince and the creative team don't pass up this opportunity.

I never got to see Steamboat wrestle live as a kid...would love the chance to see him now before he's permanently finished.

Storm

Sue_Bender
04-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Seeing Steamboat pulling off all of his classic spots at "Mania" and then again on Raw the next night was awesome!

The Texas crowd truly showed their appreciation to a man who has given his all to the business. It appears that Steamboat still has some gas left in the tank and more to give.

If Vince was smart..and I truly believe that he is...then he'd set up some sort of program for Steamboat...even if it were only for a month or so to span into a singles match for a PPV. As was mentioned above, work him into a believable program with a more "mature" worker such as Finlay or even William Regal, who works a more classic wrestling style. I think it could be a home run if done correctly without the theatrics. Regal is a no-nonsense kind of wrestler and a program between he and Steamboat could be very entertaining.

I'd also like to see Steamboat, as mentioned above as well, lead a faction of young up-and-comers. He could mentor them and lead them to greatness. Seeing him on-screen more often would be very cool.

Let's hope Vince and the creative team don't pass up this opportunity.

I never got to see Steamboat wrestle live as a kid...would love the chance to see him now before he's permanently finished.

Storm

I couldn't say it better myself!

Oh wait, I did. :wink:

cougarjake13
04-12-2009, 10:12 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing steamboat vs regal