You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Next gimmick for Undertaker? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Next gimmick for Undertaker?

WRESTLINGFAN
04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
For the last 19 years Taker has gone thru many different character likenesses, I think the worst had to be the Ministry of Darkness phase. Since 2004 its been the deadman gimmick again.

I think a good character would be a combination of the American Badass/Deadman and make him like Nicholas Cage in Ghostrider

SP1!
04-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Whhhhatttt? Hes not actually an undertaker!!!

CruelCircus
04-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I liked Ministry Taker.

Don Stugots
04-07-2009, 06:21 PM
that wouldnt be a bad idea, i say that only because i like the ABA better then the deadman

kdubya
04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I liked him best when he was Dude Love

Sue_Bender
04-07-2009, 06:35 PM
He could go back to being Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz.

That would be badass.

burrben
04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
he'll turn gay. and then date pat patterson.

TripleSkeet
04-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Wow. That turned ugly pretty quick huh?

Fallon
04-07-2009, 08:24 PM
that wouldnt be a bad idea, i say that only because i like the ABA better then the deadman

Miss the Pittsburgh Condors.

SpicyMcHaggis
04-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Next Gimmick: Retirement

Here's what I want to see. Take someone you can develop straight up for a year starting at the draft. Have him start out with a debut promo on Raw saying that after watching Wrestlemania, he realizes he has a destiny to fulfill. And that in one year's time, if you don't know now, you will know his name until the end of time. Let him be the one to defeat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Build it up for nearly a year and you can have one of the most epic defeats and passing of the torch moments in wrestling history. Here's who I can see doing it if given the opportunity:

- DH Smith
- Ted DiBiase Jr.

Don Stugots
04-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Miss the Pittsburgh Condors.

American Bad Ass you knew what i meant.

Aggie
04-08-2009, 08:29 AM
He's nothing without Paul Bearer at his side.

conman823
04-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Next Gimmick: Retirement

Here's what I want to see. Take someone you can develop straight up for a year starting at the draft. Have him start out with a debut promo on Raw saying that after watching Wrestlemania, he realizes he has a destiny to fulfill. And that in one year's time, if you don't know now, you will know his name until the end of time. Let him be the one to defeat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Build it up for nearly a year and you can have one of the most epic defeats and passing of the torch moments in wrestling history. Here's who I can see doing it if given the opportunity:

- DH Smith
- Ted DiBiase Jr.

Some things just shouldn't happen. One of those things is Takers streak being broken. It should never happen just to give a bump to some kid who may or may not go "Benoit" on someone years from now.

Look at Hogans "Torch Passings". Warrior. Fail. The Giant (WCW). Fail. Goldberg. Fail. The Rock. Fail.

Sometimes its looks good for that time but in some years it looks foolish.

Oh and his next gimmick should be "The Model" Mark Calloway.

Don Stugots
04-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Goldberg and The ROCK were not FAILS. i do agree with the streak remaining intact. the guy was loyal to the company since day one. never jumped ship for more money and should be given the respect to walk away with the streak.

oh_kee_pa
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Goldberg and The ROCK were not FAILS. i do agree with the streak remaining intact. the guy was loyal to the company since day one. never jumped ship for more money and should be given the respect to walk away with the streak.

i doubt he would care either way...
i think he would love to take the L if it was for the right person... and probably happy to do so

Don Stugots
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
the right person was edge and it didnt happen. i dont doubt he would be cool with it but in the end, it is the right thing to do.

Name
04-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Someone also mentioned it - they built up a relatively unknown Ultimate Warrior for about a year leading up to him beating Hogan at Wrestlemania. When Hogan completely oversold the beat by doing an extended here's the strap / hi-five 'ing all over the ring it became suddenly clear they were forcing a 'pass the torch moment'. That led to one of the worst/dullest champs ever and a pretty down period IMHO. Don't just pass the torch to pass the torch..

foodcourtdruide
04-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I kind of agree that the streak should end. It would be a major push for someone to end the streak, and what the hell is the point of the freakin streak anyway? Wrestling isn't real. I can understand how being the World Champion X number of times is prestigious, because it means you were at the top of the sport(entertainment) X number of times, but who gives a shit about how many mid-card Wrestlemania victories you got?

lleeder
04-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I hope Annie Savoy breaks the streak.

MisterSmith
04-08-2009, 01:14 PM
He turns from the Undertaker into the Tango Maker.

He spends 6 months or a year working up this persona as a "lover of dance," then takes a turn cross-promoting the WWE on one of the most popular shows in America - Dancing With The Stars!

It gives the guy a fresh new persona and puts more money in the WWE's pocket. It's a win-win. :thumbup:

disneyspy
04-08-2009, 01:18 PM
taker should become the giver,its less gay

Sue_Bender
04-08-2009, 01:25 PM

:thumbup:

MisterSmith
04-08-2009, 01:27 PM

:lol: The Overgiver

cougarjake13
04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
For the last 19 years Taker has gone thru many different character likenesses, I think the worst had to be the Ministry of Darkness phase. Since 2004 its been the deadman gimmick again.

I think a good character would be a combination of the American Badass/Deadman and make him like Nicholas Cage in Ghostrider

i actually didnt like the the american badass taker

but yeh he has to do something new or retire

cougarjake13
04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Someone also mentioned it - they built up a relatively unknown Ultimate Warrior for about a year leading up to him beating Hogan at Wrestlemania. When Hogan completely oversold the beat by doing an extended here's the strap / hi-five 'ing all over the ring it became suddenly clear they were forcing a 'pass the torch moment'. That led to one of the worst/dullest champs ever and a pretty down period IMHO. Don't just pass the torch to pass the torch..

i dont know if it counts as a torch pasing but didanyone else see stone cold pass cena a beer at his induction ceremony ??

cougarjake13
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM

definite not fails

its not hogans fault that the rock tried to make it in hollywood and left the business

pretty much the same with goldberg

TripleSkeet
04-08-2009, 04:19 PM
definite not fails

its not hogans fault that the rock tried to make it in hollywood and left the business

pretty much the same with goldberg

I agree they werent fails. That Goldberg match helped seal him as a superstar.

And as far as The Rock goes, by that time there was no torch to pass. The Rock was a bigger star then Hogan by that point. That match was the 2 of them stealing the show and Hogan proving he could still pull a gem out of his pocket when he absolutely needed to.

conman823
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Goldberg and The ROCK were not FAILS.

Where is Goldberg and The Rock today? Neither are even a PART of WWE anymore. The Rock doesn't even come back for WM or a RAW to promote his movies. It might be my selfishness but i think the guy got a huge bump from Hogan and shit on it by leaving the business.

If Goldberg wouldn't have believed his own hype so much and WORKED at getting better as a wrestler he could have been a God in this business. Instead (like the Warrior) he sold out to his own ego trip.

both are FAILS because it didn't "light the future of the business on fire" like a passing should. They both just said Fuck it and walked.

i dont know if it counts as a torch pasing but did anyone else see stone cold pass cena a beer at his induction ceremony ??

Meh, it was fan service at best. A real torch passing would be a match, but I'm not gonna watch a SCSA match where he can't perform at a top level anymore. If he can't then good for him for staying away from the ring.

Oh and that reminds me, SCSA gave The Rock a bump in his last match...........then The Rock walked away from the business. Insulting I say!!

Chimee
04-08-2009, 06:27 PM
i dont know if it counts as a torch pasing but didanyone else see stone cold pass cena a beer at his induction ceremony ??

I also saw Cena pour it out on the floor then drink out of the empty can.

cougarjake13
04-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Where is Goldberg and The Rock today? Neither are even a PART of WWE anymore. The Rock doesn't even come back for WM or a RAW to promote his movies. It might be my selfishness but i think the guy got a huge bump from Hogan and shit on it by leaving the business.

well he doesnt come on raw but he does little comercials to promote his movies that run during raw or sd !

yeh its not the same but as was said he prob wouldnt be taken as serious if he kept coming back

Sue_Bender
04-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Oh and that reminds me, SCSA gave The Rock a bump in his last match...........then The Rock walked away from the business. Insulting I say!!

x2!

conman823
04-08-2009, 06:55 PM
well he doesnt come on raw but he does little comercials to promote his movies that run during raw or sd !

yeh its not the same but as was said he prob wouldnt be taken as serious if he kept coming back

I'm fine with him doing the movie thing, its just when you see a guy like SCSA who gave his life and body to the Business give a bump to a guy who had other dreams its insulting.

A lot of guys who really want to be in this business would love the torch given to them.

epo
04-21-2009, 02:48 PM
New gimmick? Fuck you!

http://www.ct.gov/dcf/lib/dcf/wmv/images/fire.jpg

bocephus
04-30-2009, 06:26 AM
THE ROCK.....

As far as "The Rock" distancing himself from wrestling, if anyone saw him on Jay Leno a few months ago promoting his himself in the Disney Movie "Escape to Witch Mountain" he was introduces as "Dwayne Johnson", no reference to the name "The Rock" or wrestling before or during the interview.

vjr97
04-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Have Him Cross Over To The Gay Siiiiddddddeeeeeee And Form A Tag Team W/ Goldust He Can Call Himself Angeldust Or Platniumdust.his Finishing Move Will Be Just Holding The Guy Inm The Tombstone But Never Delivering It...he's A Eye Liner Wearing Sissy Already

khaxzan
05-20-2009, 03:34 PM

I wish this guy would retire before he embarrasses himself further. He just can't let his past go. Kinda like me.

TripleSkeet
05-20-2009, 05:27 PM
It might be my selfishness but i think the guy got a huge bump from Hogan and shit on it by leaving the business.

I miss The Rock on Raw more then anyone, but lets get serious, Ok? Hogan gave The Rock a huge bump? At Wrestlemania X8 The Rock was the biggest name in wrestling. Hogan didnt bump shit. He took the loss and put on a great match. They stole the show. But He wasnt giving anything to The Rock. The Rock was the number 1 guy in the WWE when the nWo came in.

As far as the Austin match, that was Austins last match before truly retiring from wrestling. He had to lose. Thats what a pro does. It doesnt matter if The Rock went to Hollywood later, after WM 19 he was still wrestling, Austin wasnt. Besides he put over Austin at 2 prior Wrestlemanias, Austin owed him that win.

Personally I think its fucked up that he never comes back, but after hearing interviews with Hogan and others I understand why. The WWE schedule is grueling. So he had a choice:

1. Become an actor, make more money, get more time at home, and not risk living in pain when he gets old.

2. Stay in WWE, continue working 280 days a year and traveling constantly, and keep hurting your body until you have to live off of painkillers like so many other wrestlers wound up doing.

So he chose acting. But he sat down with Hogan and Hulk gave him the advice that if he was going to do movies, JUST do movies. If he kept coming back to wrestling then Hollywood would never take him seriously as an actor and instead of doing movies like Gridiron Gang hed be stuck making B movies like Mr. Nanny. As much as I miss the guy I cant fault his decision.

conman823
05-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Hogan was the biggest name in Wrestling when Andre gave him the bump at WM3. Its not the act its the reaction and "legend" that come from a match that epic.

Again, I understand why he left it doesn't make it any less shitty.

Also from the direction the companys going I understand why he stays away.

Slumbag
05-20-2009, 08:37 PM
A retired old man with bad tattoos?

khaxzan
05-21-2009, 03:54 PM
The only want I wish would reture for good is Vince Mcmahon.