You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
2009 WWE Draft [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 2009 WWE Draft

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 04:36 PM
first pic to raw : MVP

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 04:36 PM
2nd pick also goes to raw

THE BIG SHOW

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 04:38 PM
i like what they do with the matches

winner gets his show a pick

first match rey beat evan bourne
second match kane beat the brian kendrick

i'm pretty sure edge will get drafted to raw as well, he already has a match with cena at backlash

question is , who's going to smackdown ?? maybe orton and the legacy

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
melina drafted to sd!

which means she'll prob lose the womens title soon

MIKEYDAKEN
04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
nope they will do a champ swap. same with mvp and rey

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 05:13 PM
matt hardy to raw

these others shows better start getting someone

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 05:14 PM
triple h back to raw

cena's going to sd!!!

MIKEYDAKEN
04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
hardy wasn't on raw for a minute before he was buried

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 05:26 PM
yep he'll never get any love

i wanna see santino or santina get drafted to a different show

that'll be hilarious

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 05:32 PM
and smackdown gets

cm punk

im guessing prob christian gets drafted here as well

Kevin
04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
triple h back to raw

cena's going to sd!!!

Pretty much a forgone conclusion when Cena won the World Heavyweight Championship.

Kevin
04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
and smackdown gets

cm punk

im guessing prob christian gets drafted here as well

Good, Punk sucks. Id much rather see Christian.

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Pretty much a forgone conclusion when Cena won the World Heavyweight Championship.

yeh

its just makes everything so anti climantic

RingWraith
04-13-2009, 05:41 PM
IDK, but this "draft" feels like a waste of time since, most of these wrestlers (sorry "WWE Superstars") show up in both shows anyway.

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 05:42 PM
IDK, but this "draft" feels like a waste of time since, most of these wrestlers (sorry "WWE Superstars") show up in both shows anyway.

thats usually only in the months leading up to mania

after this they kinda dont do inter brand as much or at all til rumble gets close

styckx
04-13-2009, 05:43 PM

^ Exactly. It's more of a draft of who will be the 3 recycled main eventers for each brand wearing the belt for a year

ToiletCrusher
04-13-2009, 05:43 PM
This "sport" has a draft?

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 05:49 PM
This "sport" has a draft?

yeh

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 05:50 PM
raw gets the miz

hopefully morrison goes to

guess not

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
well who didnt see that coming ??

i though edge mighta push big show and mark henry over but oh well

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
smackdown gets

kane

and

chris jericho

ScottFromGA
04-13-2009, 06:08 PM
this draft sucks cock.

3 hours just to move wrestlers...why not just make it all one big show again.....i hate inter-brands.

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 06:09 PM
this draft sucks cock.

3 hours just to move wrestlers...why not just make it all one big show again.....i hate inter-brands.

it wont change until TNA or some other company steps it up to wcw levels

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 06:16 PM
kozlov to ecw

that right there tells you how much they care about ecw

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 06:34 PM
maryse to raw

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
sd! gets

rey mysterio

NickyL0885
04-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Doesnt seem like Cena is going to SmackDown!. Unless there is one more pick tonight, he stays on Raw. I doubt he goes during the supplemental draft.

cougarjake13
04-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Doesnt seem like Cena is going to SmackDown!. Unless there is one more pick tonight, he stays on Raw. I doubt he goes during the supplemental draft.

well then that all but seals that edge wins the belt at backlash

Bob Impact
04-13-2009, 06:54 PM
So I lose 2 of the reasons I started watching Raw and got back one of the reasons I stopped watching Raw? At a bare minimum they could dump Cena for me.

TripleSkeet
04-13-2009, 07:03 PM
This draft blows.

I cant believe they left Christian stranded on fucking ECW. But they move The Miz. Seriously? The Miz???? What happened tonight with them is the equivalent of Marty Jannety throwing Shawn Michaels through the plate glass window.

I didnt even remember that HHH wasnt on Raw hes been on it so much lately.

The only moves I actually liked was MVP to Raw (because I watch Raw) and Kane to Smackdown (because I dont watch Smackdown). Thats it.

styckx
04-13-2009, 07:46 PM
This draft blows.

I cant believe they left Christian stranded on fucking ECW. But they move The Miz. Seriously? The Miz???? What happened tonight with them is the equivalent of Marty Jannety throwing Shawn Michaels through the plate glass window.

I didnt even remember that HHH wasnt on Raw hes been on it so much lately.

The only moves I actually liked was MVP to Raw (because I watch Raw) and Kane to Smackdown (because I dont watch Smackdown). Thats it.

What sucks is Vince is happy w/ the ratings they've been getting lately. So don't expect anything other then this Chucky Cheese programming we're getting. Kids are apparently eating this shit up.

I hate TNA but god damn I hope someone over there grows a set and starts pulling what WWE did to WCW to them. Invade RAW, mock RAW, mock Vince.. Get anyone over the age of 40 off the fucking air..

TNA needs to step up and compete, and compete viciously so we can get the real WWE back.

ScottFromGA
04-13-2009, 08:11 PM
it wont change until TNA or some other company steps it up to wcw levels

agreed....I said that in the Paltalk XWR wrestling chatroom and folks just kept saying, "WCW is over...WCW is over...get over it..." fucking assholes.

conman823
04-13-2009, 09:46 PM
agreed....I said that in the Paltalk XWR wrestling chatroom and folks just kept saying, "WCW is over...WCW is over...get over it..." fucking assholes.

yeah its over and it should be. I really support TNA as the future, although it has its problems also.

WWE programing needs a lot of help at this point.

ScottFromGA
04-14-2009, 03:09 AM
yes, i get it that its over....my point it, it should have never been bought by Vince McMahon and the WWE.....if Bischoff would have gotten into the deal before Vince offered his chump change for that promotion, WWE and WCW might still be a hot commodity and still interesting.....

I hate the news when TNA came about....now I want them to just get bigger so the WWE can get scared again.

Dirtbag
04-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Get anyone over the age of 40 off the fucking air.The two guys who I would assume have to be the oldest on the active roster just put on the best match WWE has seen in at least a year, and the buildup to it. If the guys the show revolves around are stale (HHH) or just plane bad (Cena) being 25 isn't going to help anybody.

WellDiggersAss
04-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Soooo what titles are on Smackdown now? Womens..useless I.C and tag belts?...useless.I will keep not watching that show.

MIKEYDAKEN
04-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Soooo what titles are on Smackdown now? Womens..useless I.C and tag belts?...useless.I will keep not watching that show.

well edge will win or they will have cm punk cash in mitb just to bring it over then he will job out again to one of the guys that always have the strap.

Fallon
04-14-2009, 09:34 AM
maryse to raw

Best move of the evening.

Hottest diva by far.

BillySolHarg
04-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Best move of the evening.

Hottest diva by far.

No. Best "move" of the evening.
Josh Matthews suddenly having a nose bleed on camera and trying to slide off camera while Matt Stryker spoke.

I can just picture Vince yelling into the headset now "DAMMITT JOSH! CLEAN YOURSELF UP!"

RingWraith
04-14-2009, 11:22 AM
No. Best "move" of the evening.
Josh Matthews suddenly having a nose bleed on camera and trying to slide off camera while Matt Stryker spoke.

I can just picture Vince yelling into the headset now "DAMMITT JOSH! CLEAN YOURSELF UP!"

At point in the show did that happen!?!

BillySolHarg
04-14-2009, 11:33 AM
At point in the show did that happen!?!

Very first/opening segment when they introduced all three sets of announcers. Josh opens and toward the end of his script you can see a stream of something fall out of his nose. Then Stryker speaks and you can see Josh leaning to his left trying to get off camera. He smoothly holds a tissue up to his nose.

I caught it only because of my DVR. I'm THAT guy that's watching everything EXCEPT for the actual wrestling matches ha. I was wondering why Josh was either picking his nose and/or trying to get off camera....

If you have DVR and/or taped it somehow check it out.

conman823
04-14-2009, 12:37 PM
yes, i get it that its over....my point it, it should have never been bought by Vince McMahon and the WWE.....if Bischoff would have gotten into the deal before Vince offered his chump change for that promotion, WWE and WCW might still be a hot commodity and still interesting.....

I hate the news when TNA came about....now I want them to just get bigger so the WWE can get scared again.

Biscoff had the funding. He just couldn't get a TV Deal for it. The product without TV would generate no income. Nobody thought to take it ALL PPV like the Jarretts did with TNA.

cougarjake13
04-14-2009, 01:14 PM

so as fans we shouldnt expect or want a better product ???

those people are fucking retarded

ScottFromGA
04-14-2009, 03:19 PM
so as fans we shouldnt expect or want a better product ???

those people are fucking retarded

ding ding ding!!

I believe most of them are post-Attitude era fans...they didn't live in the times of Stone Cold/Rock/DX/McMahon stuff like that...they are in the Cena/Orton/Batista era.

Knowledged_one
04-14-2009, 03:31 PM
ding ding ding!!

I believe most of them are post-Attitude era fans...they didn't live in the times of Stone Cold/Rock/DX/McMahon stuff like that...they are in the Cena/Orton/Batista era.

so to play devils advocate what makes you right and thdm wrong maybe vince knows he doesnt have the guys to pull that off again

Bob Impact
04-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Can we all just quietly mourn the official end of the very short "No Batista, No HHH, Jericho being an awesome heel on Raw" era for a second?

MIKEYDAKEN
04-14-2009, 04:30 PM
dude he's gonna run smackdown. the only big heel left is edge it could be cool

Ocho Cinco
04-14-2009, 08:27 PM
you guys are all WAY too harsh on WWE. just reading this thread i don't get why any one of you watch wrestling, everything either sux or you hate it or both

i thought the draft was pretty good. i'm def glad to get rid of cm punk and kane, losing jericho sux but i guess he'll be the one reason i watch smackdown just like angle's the only thing worth watching on TNA

and there were some great matches too. Kofi kingston and miz was a suprisingly good match . santino was funny as ever.

swagger vs cena was really entertaining, that swagger is gonna be a beast. and christian vs benjamin was an awesome f'n match. evan borne and mysterio was a good match, overall i was def pretty entertained for 3 hours i must say. and by 3 hours i mean i tivoed it and fast forwared through 2 hours of it

and i get it's "cool" to bash wrestling and say it sux and bring back WCW and all the angles suck and blah blah blah. but c'mon kids, it's wrestling, it's not perfect. if you hate it so much stop watching, you're like people who hate LOST but watch it just to compain you don't get it. i mean obviously you all have the right to say you hate it but barely any positive comments this entire thread? it's worse then bitches complaining :wallbash:

asayresk
04-14-2009, 09:11 PM
you guys are all WAY too harsh on WWE. just reading this thread i don't get why any one of you watch wrestling, everything either sux or you hate it or both

i thought the draft was pretty good. i'm def glad to get rid of cm punk and kane, losing jericho sux but i guess he'll be the one reason i watch smackdown just like angle's the only thing worth watching on TNA

and there were some great matches too. Kofi kingston and miz was a suprisingly good match . santino was funny as ever.

swagger vs cena was really entertaining, that swagger is gonna be a beast. and christian vs benjamin was an awesome f'n match. evan borne and mysterio was a good match, overall i was def pretty entertained for 3 hours i must say. and by 3 hours i mean i tivoed it and fast forwared through 2 hours of it

and i get it's "cool" to bash wrestling and say it sux and bring back WCW and all the angles suck and blah blah blah. but c'mon kids, it's wrestling, it's not perfect. if you hate it so much stop watching, you're like people who hate LOST but watch it just to compain you don't get it. i mean obviously you all have the right to say you hate it but barely any positive comments this entire thread? it's worse then bitches complaining :wallbash:

I like wrestling, However I rather wacth old episodes of AWA wrestling then the product WWE has been producing.

TripleSkeet
04-14-2009, 09:40 PM

No. Its not "cool" to bash wrestling. But when you see all the talent they have then a real wrestling fan sees the wasted potential week after week.

You mentioned Christian right? That guy has a ton of potential. And he was a big enough name to bring back to a HUGE reaction on Raw. So what do they do? Bury him on the C show where it filmed before most of the crowd is even there.

Secondly, wrestling doesnt have to be a fucking cartoon for kids to like it. Kids have ALWAYS followed wrestling. You dont have to dumb it down to a PG rating in order to get them to watch. Wrestling needs blood, violence, a little sexiness, and REALISM. That means speak like fucking men. Dont bleep out words like ass. The WWE was more popular and made more money when they catered to adult men then any time in their history.

Personally I think Santino is the best mic worker on Raw and extremely underutilized. You can have him funny and still let him wrestle and actually win too. Kingston is alot better then I thought, but I still stand by my statement that The Miz sucks.

They have guys like Morrison and Christian wasting away on ECW when Raw and Smackdown are in desperate need for new main eventers. Its fucking ridiculous.

MIKEYDAKEN
04-15-2009, 10:10 AM
every tag team has been disbanded. i hate vince

ScottFromGA
04-15-2009, 10:11 AM
i don't get it...why take away tag teams?

ScottFromGA
04-15-2009, 10:11 AM
DH smith to ECW....woo

ScottFromGA
04-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Kennedy to Raw.....i thought he was already on Raw?

MIKEYDAKEN
04-15-2009, 10:16 AM
well jesse and festus are still around

MIKEYDAKEN
04-15-2009, 10:18 AM
no kennedy got drafted last year got hurt and now is back on raw again

ScottFromGA
04-15-2009, 10:31 AM
ok so the tag champs are on Raw now.

makes sense.

ScottFromGA
04-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Hart Foundation on ECW?

DH Smith, Natalya both drafted.

MIKEYDAKEN
04-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Hart Foundation on ECW?

DH Smith, Natalya both drafted.

that was the plan to begin with but dh was pushing hard to become part of legacy, which pissed of his cousin and good friend. so it might start with a fight

ScottFromGA
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM
yea i read about that some time ago...but heard it was dropped cause of the Legacy, ::cough faction cough::,

whose that 3rd guy from the Hart Dungeon....Zack Ryder? something like that?

whorehay
04-15-2009, 01:36 PM
so with the death of tag-team wrestling today, i guess that explains why they went and cut the undisputed tag match from WrestleMania.

foodcourtdruide
04-15-2009, 01:43 PM
The draft is so pointless. There are always inter-brand matches anyway. If they want the brand to work and the draft to have any point, they need to make wrestlers stick to their own brand. Raw, Smackdown and ECW should all stand exclusively on their own.

cougarjake13
04-15-2009, 03:30 PM

so we should just keep eating the wwe shit sammich and not complain about it tasting like shit and never offer ideas how to make the sammich better ??

Fallon
04-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Kennedy to Raw.....i thought he was already on Raw?

He'll be injured again before he can get the second Kennedy out.

I like him, but he'll never get a decent push with the history of him getting hurt.

conman823
04-15-2009, 09:55 PM

losing jericho sux but i guess he'll be the one reason i watch smackdown just like angle's the only thing worth watching on TNA

and by 3 hours i mean i tivoed it and fast forwared through 2 hours of it

We are not too harsh on WWE. When something of quality is aired we all agree we like it, like the Micheals v. Taker match at WM25. I personnally can't remember a time where WWE programing was so consistantly bad for so long. I am dying for it to get better so I can watch again. You said yourself your FFWD through 2 hours out of 3, if its so good then suffer through all 3 hours.

Kurt Angle is not the only reason to watch TNA. If thats what you think your not watching close enough. I submit the latest Awesome Kong angle with her taking on the Beautiful People. This is womens wrestling at its best. These women work better then most of the men in WWE today, and are heads above anything the DIVA's on WWE have ever done. Angelina Love could rip apart any current womens wrestler on WWE TV hands down.

I have stopped watching. I beg Vince McMahon to make me actually purchase a PPV. The 25th anniversary of Wrestlemaina was pathetic. So much more could have been done, the same with the Legend of Wrestlemania game.

I think the last thing we want is the Old WCW back. What I'm asking for is enough competition for Vince to start caring again.

Ocho Cinco
04-17-2009, 10:01 AM
so we should just keep eating the wwe shit sammich and not complain about it tasting like shit and never offer ideas how to make the sammich better ??

i'm just saying rather then eating the shit sandwich just stop eating it if it's that bad.

but i'm not saying you can't bash wwe, i hate a lot of things about it too. i miss tag team wrestling, i hate this directed at kid shit, they should def be pushing christian, etc. im' just saying reading this thread everyone hated EVERYTHING about the draft and wwe. there must be some reason we still watch even though we wish it was better, and it's because despite it all we all still love wrestling. i def hope it gets better but if i'm gonna keep watching i'd rather find enjoyment then just hating it

MIKEYDAKEN
04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
the only reason for the draft this year was to get HHH back on raw. that is why no other big names were traded so of course we are gonna be pissed since vince is only out to push his son in law