You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Owen Hart... It's been 10 years! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Owen Hart... It's been 10 years!

Fallon
05-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Holy shit, this weekend marked the 10th anniversary of Owens death. I didn't think it was that long, but I do remember watching the PPV and not believing it until Jarrett and Debra did a promo and were just crying.

Show should had been canceled.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXWoYRErgW4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXWoYRErgW4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kris10
05-24-2009, 08:08 PM
WOW! I remember that like it was yesterday.. I can't believe it's been 10 yrs already!

epo
05-24-2009, 08:15 PM
10 years? Holy fuck am I getting old.

asayresk
05-24-2009, 08:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VOSDvpfzPFs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VOSDvpfzPFs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

never forget u Owen.

K.C.
05-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Still one of my favorite matches ever:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ey5jl8oFH8c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ey5jl8oFH8c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TripleSkeet
05-24-2009, 10:41 PM
I remember watching that PPV like it was yesterday. Cant criticize Vince for not cancelling the show though. Thats a crazy decision that you never really plan for. I think he did the right thing. Man, what a shame.

PapaBear
05-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Show should had been canceled.

<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXWoYRErgW4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Cant criticize Vince for not cancelling the show though.
Bill France JR. has WAY more class than Vince. When Dale Earnhardt died, they STOPPED the race!

ScottFromGA
05-25-2009, 01:06 AM
yeah....cause it was the last lap.....

they raced the very next weekend at Rockingham.

so Vince did the right thing in my eyes.....from reports I've read all over the internet, the fans never knew it was a shoot till they got the news at the end. The Show must go on..

TripleSkeet
05-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Bill France JR. has WAY more class than Vince. When Dale Earnhardt died, they STOPPED the race!

Nascarr is gay.

jessicaduh
05-25-2009, 09:52 AM
bret hart is my favorite wrestler of all time - has been since in was a kid. he was with the WCW at the time, i believe...around that time, at least. i was a big WCW fan. i didn't watch the PPV since i hated wwf, but i heard about it immediately after.

awful...still, ten years later.

khaxzan
05-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Show should had been canceled. Jerry said he had Owen's head resting in his hands and that he knew the guy was gone. Cancel?????? and waste money? wwf knows better then to bail out on a show....money money money to pay for lawyers lawyers lawyers:thumbup:

Hmmm, nicole bass is one huge bitch, butt-ugly too.

MagillaGorillaz
05-25-2009, 03:11 PM

They stopped the race cause it was the last lap of the race.

cougarjake13
05-25-2009, 05:37 PM
is there any video of the actual fall ??

Heather 8
05-25-2009, 06:10 PM
is there any video of the actual fall ??

None has ever surfaced, although photos of Owen immediately after the fall have made their way online.

PapaBear
05-25-2009, 06:13 PM
yeah....cause it was the last lap.....

They stopped the race cause it was the last lap of the race.
Ummm... Duh.

Contra
05-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I remember being in kemper 2 years after. I was part of the staff organizing an event there so we had access to pretty much the whole arena. It was really eerie to me the whole time I was there, wondering if this was where he landed, if this was where they brought him backstage, etc.

Mikemantis
05-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Damn He was one of my favorite wrestlers at the time. So talented and it is crazy that something like that happened, and its crazy that it has now been 10. I went to Armageddon a few years back and my sign was for Owen. Its a shame.

ToiletCrusher
05-26-2009, 10:59 AM
10 years? Holy fuck am I getting old.

I'm young and I feel old. I can only imagine how you feel.

cougarjake13
05-26-2009, 03:42 PM
None has ever surfaced, although photos of Owen immediately after the fall have made their way online.

i never saw the ppv live

so were they on him in the rafters about to watch him glide down and then just cut away when he fell ??

AnnoyedGrunt
05-26-2009, 04:49 PM
When do you think Owen's career would have gone had he lived? His widow said that he would have left the business once his contract ended in 2000 (I think). However, I could have seen him sticking around longer with the arrival of Angle, Jericho and the Radicals since he could have had great matches with all those guys and would have been a staple of the IC title scene.

RingWraith
05-26-2009, 05:15 PM
i never saw the ppv live

so were they on him in the rafters about to watch him glide down and then just cut away when he fell ??

During that time, they were showing a taped backstage promo of Owen as the Blue Blazer. Once the promo was over, the camera was only showing the crowd, they never showed the ring during that time, and JR was informing the viewers that an accident happened and he kept stressing that it was real and not staged.

Fallon
05-26-2009, 07:30 PM
i never saw the ppv live

Watch the video I posted, it's from the event. They never showed Owen, he fell while the promo was airing.

khaxzan
05-27-2009, 07:50 AM
I feel sorry for you, I really do.

topless_mike
05-27-2009, 09:17 AM
my fav memory of that was the next nite, the road dog jesse james and godfather were to go at it, and just before the match started jesse grabbed a mic and said something along the lines of "rather then wrestle, why dont we just go backstage and tell some owen stories" and never wrestled. they both walked out of the ring.

ScottFromGA
05-27-2009, 04:12 PM
During that time, they were showing a taped backstage promo of Owen as the Blue Blazer. Once the promo was over, the camera was only showing the crowd, they never showed the ring during that time, and JR was informing the viewers that an accident happened and he kept stressing that it was real and not staged.

look on Youtube....they have the actual PPV where it was building up heat for Owen's next match against the Godfather.

its about 15 or 20 minutes long, if I recall.....Eerie as fuck,too.