You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
WWE PPV Discussion Thread [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : WWE PPV Discussion Thread

SpicyMcHaggis
06-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Instead of making a separate one for each one, we can make a sticky out of this one. Thoughts, predictions, gripes, anything you want about the PPV, during the PPV, after the PPV, all here.

EXTREME RULES:

Formerly known as One Night Stand, the show that for one night brought back the ECW spark that it originally had only to bastardize it the second time around when it became a brand. Now that it's a PPV with every match is under some type of extreme rule, so to speak, here's the lineup and here are my predictions.

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Batista (Steel Cage Match)

I believe that Randy Orton will retain due to a backfiring interference at the hands of a vengeful Ric Flair.

Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho (No Holds Barred Match)

Smackdown has become the A show in my opinion with their great talent line up and remarkable build up to matches to make you actually care. Jericho doesn't need the title nor does he need the win so this will be a great match with Mysterio retaining the title and getting a good one over Jericho. It could steal the show.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Jeff Hardy (Ladder Match)

I think this match will close the show and Jeff Hardy will become WWE Champion once again. The storied history will make for a great match with plenty of excitement.

Miss WrestleMania Vickie Guerrero vs. Santina Marella (Hog Pen Match)

In a perfect world this will be the end of Santina as "she" is revealed to actually be Santino and we can move on to his new face run.

United States Champion Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. William Regal vs. Matt Hardy (Fatal Four Way Match)

I'm hoping this isn't a throwaway match because all four of them can steal the show if given the right time. Kofi can use the title to retain while MVP can move up and Regal and Hardy can do their own thing feuding with Kofi.

John Cena vs. Big Show (Submission Match)

They've made the point that John Cena has no way of applying his one submission move that he has onto Big Show but Big Show can pretty much use his one move against John Cena. Cena either has to find a way to use the move on Show or learn another one. Either way I don't care.

CM Punk vs. Umaga (Samoan Strap Match)

Punk can still use his MITB briefcase at any time during the PPV tonight which adds an element of excitement to both main events because you never know if he'll run in. A clean win over Umaga will help him look strong going into the cashed in title shot if they choose to do it.

ECW Champion Christian vs. Jack Swagger vs. Tommy Dreamer (Triple Threat Hardcore Rules Match)
I truly believe that Tommy Dreamer will win the ECW Championship before he leaves WWE but because I believe it so strongly, it won't happen. Christian will retain and Tommy Dreamer will go out swinging. The end of the ECW Originals can come on Sunday night or one last chance at having an old school legacy can occur.

cougarjake13
06-06-2009, 02:36 PM
when the hell did kofi win the us title ??

3Setsof10
06-06-2009, 02:41 PM
when the hell did kofi win the us title ??

Based on the results, he won it Monday on RAW

And that PPV looks pretty terrible

conman823
06-06-2009, 02:44 PM

Of course there will be Flair interference in this snorefest. Batista does even less for me then Orton.

Winner: Me for not ordering.

Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho (No Holds Barred Match)

This has potential. The only thing is during No Holds Barred etc type of matches they alway spend way to long building how Rey is small etc. Then he comes back and its all "WOW Can you believe that?!?!".

Winner: Mysterio retains after "Fighting Back" from the attempted murder Jericho will lay on him.

Definately the headliner of the night. I expect nothing less then tearing down of the House with this one. This will be the first one I watch for free online the next day.

Winner: Edge because it would make for a better series if he retains. And Summerslam is right around the corner........only like 8 more PPV's between now and then.

Anytime Vickie Guerrero has the potential to be thrown down in mud at the hands of anyone its worth a watch.

Winner: People who hate how Vickie has exploited the death of her husband.

United States Champion Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. William Regal vs. Matt Hardy (Fatal Four Way Match)
Good match and a good showing for the almost forgotten US Title. This will be number 2 on the Internet watching the following day. Regal will be the interesting dynamic to watch as he is more a "classic" wrestler then the rest of these guys.

Winner: The fans who remember when the US Title ment something.

Either way I don't care.

Seconded.

God bless VInce for booking a match with two people who were misused from the start. Perhaps both in the ring will draw some interest. I'm guessing, mostly not.

Winner: Hopefully CM Punk (and his career).

ECW Champion Christian vs. Jack Swagger vs. Tommy Dreamer (Triple Threat Hardcore Rules Match)

See now this could have been a IC Title match, but we already have a good one of those. I hope Tommy Dreamer get beaten to near death, not so much for Harcore reasons, but because he stayed on this show for so long. I know the guys got Rent to pay, but his Hardcore Legacy is all but gone now.

Winner: Christian, because if he lost we might actually see him on a better show. That cannot happen, as per Vince McMahon.

styckx
06-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Based on the results, he won it Monday on RAW

And that PPV looks pretty terrible

It really does. HHH just doesn't hold wrestlers back now, he holds entire PPV's down that he isn't wrestling in.

3Setsof10
06-06-2009, 04:39 PM
It really does. HHH just doesn't hold wrestlers back now, he holds entire PPV's down that he isn't wrestling in.

LOL

HHH is the DEVIL!

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/the_waterboy/kathy_bates/kathybates.jpg

styckx
06-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I won't be watching this. Something much better is on, and free

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/styckx/icfc.jpg

3Setsof10
06-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I won't be watching this. Something much better is on, and free

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/styckx/icfc.jpg

I'll most likely watch Tropic Thunder on Cinemax

What are the PPVs running now, about 40 bucks a pop?

SpicyMcHaggis
06-06-2009, 07:59 PM
I go to wrestling-tv.net, free signup for message board and access to free stream and a ton of posted material from WWE 24/7 if you don't already have it.

CYYYFYYY
06-06-2009, 10:03 PM

I like Orton in a bad matcn

Thisone looks real good. I am going with Mysterio

I see Edge holding the belt for a good long time. Edge will hold on to the strap

Santina will win and soon challenge for the womans belt

I see MVP winning it back starting a good long feud with Koffi

Cena wins

I am going with Umaga. In a very good match

I will go with Christian in a match that will not go longer than 5 minutes long.

styckx
06-07-2009, 08:15 AM
I go to wrestling-tv.net, free signup for message board and access to free stream and a ton of posted material from WWE 24/7 if you don't already have it.

Yeah, 40.00 a pop, hell their webcast alone for PPV's is $40.00.

I mean there are ways to watch them free, but even then it's not worth the time now a days. I ordered one once 3 years ago for Wrestlemania and felt like a complete douchebag after I clicked submit payment

"I just pay $50.00 to watch grown men fake fight"

Never again..

3Setsof10
06-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Their greed has been costing them

I know they're making money but it's killing their creativity as they have to have storylines for over a dozen PPVs when they could have four or five and I bet still make the same amount of bank

Whet the appetite, don't shove food down their gullets- and it's not cheap to set all those venues and productions up either

Forty dollars when half the matches are done again on RAW the next day and all the torrents, etc will have it for free

Brilliant

styckx
06-07-2009, 10:31 AM

I know they're making money but it's killing their creativity as they have to have storylines for over a dozen PPVs when they could have four or five and I bet still make the same amount of bank

Whet the appetite, don't shove food down their gullets- and it's not cheap to set all those venues and productions up either

Forty dollars when half the matches are done again on RAW the next day and all the torrents, etc will have it for free

Brilliant

HAha I love that. TONIGHT ON RAW A REMATCH FROM THE PPV!! And it always ends in a DQ to roll right into the next recycled storyline for the next PPV. Except this time they'll toss in a random main event guy and turn it into a "fatal 3 way".

3Setsof10
06-07-2009, 11:03 AM
I haven't paid for a PPV in at least eight years

The Royal Rumbles were always my favorite, as they could never screw those up despite all their best efforts

I'll just read Meltzer's updated recaps while I'm watching Tropic Thunder, sounds like a delightful evening LOL

SpicyMcHaggis
06-07-2009, 11:28 AM
I'd like to add on a prediction of the ECW title match. If Tommy Dreamer loses, I think he'll take over as GM of ECW as Tiffany is listed as being the "interim" GM.

cougarjake13
06-07-2009, 04:26 PM

Brilliant

14 god damn ppv's a year

who the fuck shells out almost 600 dollars a year for ppv's ?? and then if they love wrestling enough , maybe also shell out that much for tna ppv's ??

TripleSkeet
06-07-2009, 07:07 PM
I haven't paid for a PPV in at least eight years

The Royal Rumbles were always my favorite, as they could never screw those up despite all their best efforts

I'll just read Meltzer's updated recaps while I'm watching Tropic Thunder, sounds like a delightful evening LOL

So true. I do order the Royal Rumble every year though. Its worth it. I have about 10 guys over the house (half of them dont even watch wrestling), we put $20 each in a pot and pick 3 names out of a hat each. Those are your 3 Rumble entrants. Whoevers wrestler wins takes the pot. Makes for pretty hilarious commentary.

Plus I will either order or download Wrestlemania every year. I never miss one of those.

Im just glad when wrestling was in its heyday I had a chipped cable box. I remember those years watching 12 WWF PPV's, 12 WCW PPV's, 4 ECW PPV's and however many boxing PPV's and movies I could get for free. Had that box for 10 years. Best $225 I ever spent.

Now if Im even interested I just watch them on Paltalk. Same with UFC.

TripleSkeet
06-07-2009, 09:16 PM
EXTREME RULES!!! Not one guy bled tonight. What a fucking joke.

WWE has officially became corporate WCW. Its amazing how people refuse to learn from the mistakes of others.

CYYYFYYY
06-08-2009, 07:35 AM
The WWWE has made it clear theya re not doing blood. So why comlpain. Yes maybe you should not have a card called extreme but I have to say if I was to buy pay fer views I would have gotten this one so I can't complain. They do whats best for business. It is better than the ALL GIMMIC days.

styckx
06-08-2009, 07:42 AM
lol I just read the recap. They seriously unmasked Mysterio? Yeah, cause that angle worked out so well in WCW. He fell off the map as soon as that happened.

TripleSkeet
06-08-2009, 09:20 AM
lol I just read the recap. They seriously unmasked Mysterio? Yeah, cause that angle worked out so well in WCW. He fell off the map as soon as that happened.

Yea well not really. It was one of those where Jericho ripped the mask off but Mysterio covered up so you didnt see anything.

The WWWE has made it clear theya re not doing blood. So why comlpain. Yes maybe you should not have a card called extreme but I have to say if I was to buy pay fer views I would have gotten this one so I can't complain. They do whats best for business. It is better than the ALL GIMMIC days.

Are you serious? This is exactly what it was during the all gimmick days. This was an all gimmick PPV...and they even fucked that up!

I complain because this new direction they are taking is NOT whats best for business...as a matter of fact its what killed WCW. As WWE were not held back by corporate restrictions and lawyers fears of offending people they were able to soar and make more money and become more popular then they have ever been. Meanwhile WCW was told that they now had to be PG and had to remove all blood, harsh language and sexuality from all their shows. They were out of business a year later.

Thats why I dont get why they are taking the same fucking road that ruined WCW.

And I cant remember a PPV not named Royal Rumble that I would pay for in the last 2 years. This one intrigued me....until I saw it on Paltalk. I watched it for free and still feel I was robbed.

styckx
06-08-2009, 09:27 AM
They will succeed and do just fine as long as their is ZERO competition. I don't care what anyone says, TNA is NOT competition. Hardcore wrestling marks may think so but they are so blurred by their smarkyness they don't see the big picture.

If you took any random person off the street and asked "Name as many pro wrestling organizations as you can". WWE will be probably the only one anyone knows, w/ a few people saying WWE and WCW, which is sad considering it's been dead for ages.

Just stop watching. WWE is still selling out arenas, still selling merchandise, still doing just fine. It's clear that the attitude era demographic is not anywhere in their targets anymore and moved on.

That's why I moved on to MMA. You get real fighting, real wrestling, real submissions and the matches are the only story you need to be compelled by.

paulisded
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Last night's PPV was an embarrassment. Yes, it's nice that they're giving Tommy Dreamer one last run, but there was absolutely no heat during that match. The crowd was as bored as I was, but yet every time Dreamer did any kind of move that resembled something from the original ECW the announcers acted like it was the craziest thing they'd ever seen.

The Show/Cena match was just as poorly written. The pre-taped package had Cena babbling about how people were talking about how he's lost his edge, may be missing a step, blah blah blah. If that's the storyline, where was the setup? Have I missed a few weeks where Cena has been constantly losing? You can't just have the character say that and expect the audience to ignore the dumb Superman routine he's been doing the last few months.

When the match finally started, it seemed like the announcers were taking cues from TNA. Every time Show touched Cena they couldn't believe that Cena could survive, and any move he made was miraculous. I did love, though, when Show screwed up the ending move and the cameras quickly moved away from the leg that was supposed to be wrapped around the ropes.

TripleSkeet
06-08-2009, 09:40 AM
They will succeed and do just fine as long as their is ZERO competition. I don't care what anyone says, TNA is NOT competition. Hardcore wrestling marks may think so but they are so blurred by their smarkyness they don't see the big picture.

If you took any random person off the street and asked "Name as many pro wrestling organizations as you can". WWE will be probably the only one anyone knows, w/ a few people saying WWE and WCW, which is sad considering it's been dead for ages.

Just stop watching. WWE is still selling out arenas, still selling merchandise, still doing just fine. It's clear that the attitude era demographic is not anywhere in their targets anymore and moved on.

That's why I moved on to MMA. You get real fighting, real wrestling, real submissions and the matches are the only story you need to be compelled by.

See heres the thing, if this were 1993, I would stop watching. Just like I did then when it completely went to shit then. Problem is nowadays I have something I didnt have then. DVR. So basically I find myself recording Raw, fast forwarding til I see Santino, watching that, and fast forwarding through the rest. I dont even bother DVRing the B and C shows. I guess I just keep hoping it will eventually get better.

And I know that they arent going to go out of business because they dont have competition, doesnt mean hes not driving away thousands of fans that do basically the same thing I do. I honestly believe if TNA started touring the US and had Impact tapings at real arenas for real fans theyd start doing better. Their biggest drawback is they have no crowd reaction because of where they film.

styckx
06-08-2009, 09:44 AM
See heres the thing, if this were 1993, I would stop watching. Just like I did then when it completely went to shit then. Problem is nowadays I have something I didnt have then. DVR. So basically I find myself recording Raw, fast forwarding til I see Santino, watching that, and fast forwarding through the rest. I dont even bother DVRing the B and C shows. I guess I just keep hoping it will eventually get better.

And I know that they arent going to go out of business because they dont have competition, doesnt mean hes not driving away thousands of fans that do basically the same thing I do. I honestly believe if TNA started touring the US and had Impact tapings at real arenas for real fans theyd start doing better. Their biggest drawback is they have no crowd reaction because of where they film.

I agree with the TNA shit. With that stupid arena and those fans it comes off as nothing more than American Gladiators in a wrestling ring.

1. Off sound stage
2. Get rid of the WCW leftovers
3. Replace the announcers
4. Stop the switching of camera angles every 1.3 seconds during a match.
5. Get rid of that dumb 6 sided ring.

TripleSkeet
06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I dont have a problem with the 6 sided ring. At first I wasnt sure but it really has allowed them to try different things, I like it now. Its different.

I agree with just about everything else. As far as WCW leftovers I dont mind Sting or Booker T still wrestling. I like Jarrett, and Nash and Foley if you only use them for mic work as managers or some kind of other non-wrestling role. Steiner, Bill Gunn, and Road Dogg can all go.

cougarjake13
06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
i guess they had hardy win just so he could drop it to punk instead of edge losing it to punk

epo
06-08-2009, 03:29 PM
i guess they had hardy win just so he could drop it to punk instead of edge losing it to punk

It does open up the title chase for some interesting 3-way matches though.

TripleSkeet
06-08-2009, 03:30 PM

I think the point was to turn Punk heel. If you watched him after he won he was playing the bragging asshole heel role.

epo
06-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I think the point was to turn Punk heel. If you watched him after he won he was playing the bragging asshole heel role.

Awesome. I've been waiting for that turn.....

cougarjake13
06-08-2009, 03:33 PM
well they needed another heel i guess

jab
06-08-2009, 03:36 PM
if they let punk be punk a heel turn will be fun to watch.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/Nemesis13666/CM_Punk.jpg

styckx
06-08-2009, 03:59 PM
They should bring Sycho Sid back for one more run. That guy is athleticism defined.

Bob Impact
06-09-2009, 02:40 PM
I agree with the TNA shit. With that stupid arena and those fans it comes off as nothing more than American Gladiators in a wrestling ring.

1. Off sound stage
2. Get rid of the WCW leftovers
3. Replace the announcers
4. Stop the switching of camera angles every 1.3 seconds during a match.
5. Get rid of that dumb 6 sided ring.

I just don't get the appeal of TNA, for all of those reasons plus the fact that the matches are boring spot after spot after spot nonsense. I've tried, it comes across as guys that really wanted to be gymnasts to me.

Bob Impact
06-09-2009, 02:40 PM
They should bring Sycho Sid back for one more run. That guy is athleticism defined.

There's a shoot of him out there somewhere where he basically begs for one last WWE run.

styckx
06-09-2009, 02:42 PM
There's a shoot of him out there somewhere where he basically begs for one last WWE run.

hahah really? I was joking but that guy always seems to turn up just when you forget about him. I wish I knew the number of come backs that dude has had.

3Setsof10
06-09-2009, 02:49 PM
hahah really? I was joking but that guy always seems to turn up just when you forget about him. I wish I knew the number of come backs that dude has had.

Marcus Bagwell said someplace recently he'd work the WWE for free, so this doesn't surprise me a bit coming from Sid, who doesn't look like the kind of guy who'd have saved his earnings

How he comes back from that broken leg is a mystery though

SpicyMcHaggis
07-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Okay, Night of Champions. Bring it all here. First off, looks like Big Show ate Mr. Perfect and used his tights. Not a big surprise as far as partners go. Frankly I would have liked to seen someone new debut or maybe Chris Masters return as his partner.

Chimee
07-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Okay, Night of Champions. Bring it all here. First off, looks like Big Show ate Mr. Perfect and used his tights. Not a big surprise as far as partners go. Frankly I would have liked to seen someone new debut or maybe Chris Masters return as his partner.

I was hoping it would be someone like Kendrick that could really use the push. Of course, Big Show hasn't had much to do lately and maybe being with Jericho could make him interesting.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Why isn't WrestleMania this type of PPV? I always thought every title should be defended on WrestleMania.

hit11man
07-26-2009, 06:09 PM
No matter how shitty and stupid tna is, its still way better than "e"!!!

SpicyMcHaggis
07-26-2009, 07:28 PM
We couldn't have gotten a few more months out of Punk? Really?

Sue_Bender
07-26-2009, 07:34 PM
There's a problem when I find

Swagger vs. Dreamer

and

McCool vs. Melina

to be my favorite matches of a PPV.

Terrible stuff, WW-Pee.

RingWraith
07-26-2009, 08:06 PM
We couldn't have gotten a few more months out of Punk? Really?

That is strange. Considering Jeff Hardy is unreliable.

CYYYFYYY
07-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Yep I would have loved to see Punk hold it longer however Hardy is so over now they just have to give him the belt, besides now he may stay with the company longer... Of course they can alwys have him drop the strap next week on SmakcDown.

Would have loved to see Dreamer hold it longer. It really does squat to have Christain hold the belt. I was hoping Jerricho would have chosen Christain as his tag partner. Big Show might be interesting

whorehay
07-27-2009, 07:30 PM
if anyone's in the DC area, the Survivor Series is coming to the Verizon Center on November 22nd.
PRE-SALE INFO BELOW

From Ticketmaster:

Don't miss your chance to get the best seats first, BEFORE tickets go on sale to the general public.

Visit Ticketmaster.com between Tues. 7/28 at 12am & Fri. July 31st at 11:59pm, click on this event, enter the password: "VIPWWE" & select your seats!

Experience WWE history in the making! Who will emerge as the Ultimate Survivor?

Presale: Tues. July 28 at 12am thru Fri. July 31 at 11:59pm
Password: VIPWWE