You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Playlist for The Rise and Fall of WCW dvd [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Playlist for The Rise and Fall of WCW dvd

TripleSkeet
07-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I looked to see if there was a thread already and couldnt find it so here it is.

Complete details on The Rise and Fall of WCW three-disc DVD set were released by WWE's UK DVD distributor Silvervision today. The title will be released on August 25, 2009.

Disc 1

Jim Crockett Promotions

Georgia Championship Wrestling

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Black Saturday

The Expansion

Crockett Sells to Turner

Greatest Talent in the World

New Management

Bill Watts Era

Bill Shaw Hires Eric Bischoff

Hulk Hogan Arrives

Nitro Debuts

nWo

Cruiserweights

Goldberg

WCW Ratings Champ

Celebrities

Goldberg vs. Hogan

Mistakes Begin

Vince Russo

A Corporate Merger

McMahon buys WCW

Legacy of WCW

Bonus Features

• Lost in Cleveland

• Bill Watts Defends Himself

• Spam Man

• The Origin of Goldberg

• Bischoff Gives Away RAW Results

Disc 2

$1,000 Challenge Match
Ric Flair vs. Magnum T.A.
NWA World Championship Wrestling – June 15, 1985

Sting, Lex Luger & Barry Windham vs. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (w/ JJ Dillon)
The Main Event – April 3, 1988

United States Championship Match
Dusty Rhodes vs. Barry Windham
Great American Bash – July 10, 1988

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Ric Flair vs. Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat
Chi-Town Rumble – February 20, 1989

The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express
Wrestle War – February 25, 1990

NWA United States Tag Team Championship Match
The Midnight Express vs. The Southern Boys
Great American Bash – July 7, 1990

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
The Steiner Brothers vs. Sting & Lex Luger
SuperBrawl – May 19, 1991

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sting vs. Big Van Vader
Great American Bash – July 12, 1992

WCW International World Heavyweight Championship Match
Rick Rude vs. Sting
Spring Stampede – April 17, 1994

Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan
Bash at the Beach – July 17, 1994

Disc 3

Ric Flair vs. The Giant
Nitro – April 29, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko
Clash of the Champions XXXIII – August 15, 1996

War Games Match
Team WCW- Sting, Lex Luger, Ric Fair & Arn Anderson vs. Team n.W.o.- Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & a Mystery Partner
Fall Brawl – September 15, 1996

United States Championship Ladder Match
Syxx vs. Eddie Guerrero
Souled Out – January 25, 1997

United States Championship No Disqualification Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko
Uncensored – March 16, 1997

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Title vs. Mask Match
Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera
SuperBrawl VIII – February 22, 1998

WCW Unified World Tag Team Championship Match
The Steiner Brothers vs. The Outsiders
SuperBrawl VIII – February 22, 1998

Diamond Dallas Page & Karl Malone vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan & Dennis Rodman
Bash at the Beach – July 12, 1998

Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Halloween Havoc – October 25, 1998

Booker T vs. Lance Storm
Nitro – August 7, 2000

Sounds awesome. Gotta buy this one.

Dirtbag
07-03-2009, 12:05 AM
I wonder how full of revisionist history this one will be. Heyman's as bad as Vince when it comes to that, but at least he got to present his side on the ECW DVD. I'm guessing this will be a Watts/Bischoff/Turner bash-fest. Matches do look nice though, and I haven't already seen most, if any, of the pre-Nitro stuff.

lleeder
07-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Never heard of Black Saturday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Saturday_(wrestling)) before. Sounds like a good dvd but watching it would only make me miss the old WCW/WWF days.

TripleSkeet
07-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Never heard of Black Saturday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Saturday_(wrestling)) before. Sounds like a good dvd but watching it would only make me miss the old WCW/WWF days.

I had heard of it, but never heard it called that before. It bombed terribly. The southerners HATED the WWF wrestlers.

K.C.
07-04-2009, 02:53 PM
These are the only type of wrestling things I buy anymore these days.

I imagine you will have every disgruntled ex-WCW wrestler they can dig up, Heyman, and Vince all just trashing WCW, and then you'll have Eric Bischoff left as the lone man to try and defend everything...similar to the way they treated WCW in the ECW DVD.

The one thing I'm curious about is how they're going to do this without Mick Foley (who had a lot of great WCW stories) and Kevin Nash.

Maybe they'll dig up Scott Hall and X-Pac...I don't think they're in TNA, are they?

I imagine all parties are absolutely going to DESTROY both Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett in this DVD.

The only real answer I want out of this whole thing is a better explanation of why Vince didn't push to give WCW its own show once he bought the company, instead of running the shitty invasion angle.

That was always the original plan, and they've always used some vague explanation like they couldn't get TV time.

jab
07-04-2009, 02:59 PM
it looks awesome.

im not really versed in wcw stuff, but it looks like alot of the guys that were wwe guys (i guess everyone is at one point) but are there guys that should be on here that are left out?

K.C.
07-04-2009, 03:09 PM
it looks awesome.

im not really versed in wcw stuff, but it looks like alot of the guys that were wwe guys (i guess everyone is at one point) but are there guys that should be on here that are left out?

If I were doing a WCW retrospective, I'd use:

-Eric Bischoff
-Ric Flair
-Ricky Steamboat
-Ron Simmons
-Arn Anderson
-Dusty Rhodes
-Harley Race
-Terry Funk
-Bill Watts
-Kevin Sullivan
-Scott Steiner
-Mike Rotundo (aka IRS)
-Sting
-Lex Luger
-Vader
-Hulk Hogan
-Kevin Nash
-Scott Hall
-X-Pac
-Diamond Dallas Page
-William Regal
-Road Warrior Animal
-Goldberg
-Booker T
-Tony Schiavone
-Bobby Heenan
-Paul Heyman
-Vince McMahon

And then for the cruiserweights segment, you would use:
-Chris Jericho
-Rey Mysterio
-Billy Kidman
-Chavo Guerreo
-Dean Malenko

And then for the inevitable disgruntled employee who found salvation in WWE segment, you use:
-Steve Austin
-Triple H
-Mick Foley

hanso
07-04-2009, 03:31 PM
The only time I watch classic espn is ECW or the like.

I haven't watched the wwf/wwe from when dink/donk the clown were on.
When ever that was.

Old school ftw

TripleSkeet
07-04-2009, 10:35 PM
If I were doing a WCW retrospective, I'd use:

-Eric Bischoff
-Ric Flair
-Ricky Steamboat
-Ron Simmons
-Arn Anderson
-Dusty Rhodes
-Harley Race
-Terry Funk
-Bill Watts
-Kevin Sullivan
-Scott Steiner
-Mike Rotundo (aka IRS)
-Sting
-Lex Luger
-Vader
-Hulk Hogan
-Kevin Nash
-Scott Hall
-X-Pac
-Diamond Dallas Page
-William Regal
-Road Warrior Animal
-Goldberg
-Booker T
-Tony Schiavone
-Bobby Heenan
-Paul Heyman
-Vince McMahon

And then for the cruiserweights segment, you would use:
-Chris Jericho
-Rey Mysterio
-Billy Kidman
-Chavo Guerreo
-Dean Malenko

And then for the inevitable disgruntled employee who found salvation in WWE segment, you use:
-Steve Austin
-Triple H
-Mick Foley

Bischoff refused
Foley, Nash, Sting, and Scott Steiner cant because they are under contract to TNA
And WWE wants nothing to do with Lex Luger.

EMERALDAGE.net
07-05-2009, 03:45 PM
This could be a good DVD. But like it has been said all ready, history will be re-written. I like the DVDs where WWE doesn't touch anything with it. HEROES OF WORLD CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING is a great example of that.

The Bret Hart and ECW were good because WWE kept their mitts off of them.

ScottFromGA
07-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I had heard of it, but never heard it called that before. It bombed terribly. The southerners HATED the WWF wrestlers.

wrong.....the south loved the WWF. It was just the hillbilly hayseed get'er dones that was loyal to WCW cause of the old NWA roots.

I personally thought WCW was shit from day one.....

Dirtbag
07-05-2009, 07:42 PM
This could be a good DVD. But like it has been said all ready, history will be re-written. I like the DVDs where WWE doesn't touch anything with it. HEROES OF WORLD CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING is a great example of that.

The Bret Hart and ECW were good because WWE kept their mitts off of them.No, they were good because both sides got their stories out, regardless of how biased both sides were. The Bret Hart DVD was on pace to be akin to the Ultimate Warrior DVD, but Bret thankfully swallowed his pride and worked with Vince on it so he wouldn't be destroyed without getting any say in it. The ECW one was full of nonsense, both from Heyman and from WWE, but it was still good and used more for both sides to trash WCW for ripping off ECW both talent-wise and style-wise.

3Setsof10
07-05-2009, 09:04 PM

wrong.....the south loved the WWF. It was just the hillbilly hayseed get'er dones that was loyal to WCW cause of the old NWA roots.

I personally thought WCW was shit from day one.....

Both wrong

The new WWF show on TBS was nothing but pre-taped matches which Turner hated along with everyone else, and that was not the original agreement

So Turned balked and it eventually went to hell, thank God

ScottFromGA
07-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Both wrong

The new WCW show on TBS was nothing but pre-taped matches which Turner hated along with everyone else, and that was not the original agreement

So Turner balked and it eventually went to hell, thank God

dont be so eager next time, huh? :bye:

3Setsof10
07-06-2009, 04:41 AM
dont be so eager next time, huh? :bye:

It was a WWF show, that was correct

You understood I meant Turner

Thanks

TripleSkeet
07-06-2009, 08:08 AM
My point was the show did not do well. And back then the get er done crowd was a huge part of the WCW audience.

TripleSkeet
07-06-2009, 08:08 AM
No, they were good because both sides got their stories out, regardless of how biased both sides were. The Bret Hart DVD was on pace to be akin to the Ultimate Warrior DVD, but Bret thankfully swallowed his pride and worked with Vince on it so he wouldn't be destroyed without getting any say in it. The ECW one was full of nonsense, both from Heyman and from WWE, but it was still good and used more for both sides to trash WCW for ripping off ECW both talent-wise and style-wise.

What part of the ECW dvd was nonsense? I cant wait to hear this one.

Dirtbag
07-06-2009, 11:53 AM
It's been a few years since I've seen it but Heyman looked at everything through rose-colored glasses. I doubt ECW did anything as bad as early 90's WWF or late 90's WCW, but it was hardly all gold all the time.

TripleSkeet
07-06-2009, 12:13 PM
It's been a few years since I've seen it but Heyman looked at everything through rose-colored glasses. I doubt ECW did anything as bad as early 90's WWF or late 90's WCW, but it was hardly all gold all the time.

I thought he was pretty honest about that though. He made mention in the dvd that they hardly had the biggest or most talented wrestlers, but they made up for it by doing their best to hide the weaknesses and accentuate the strengths of their talent, and I dont think anybody could deny that.

And I understand there was alot of WCW bashing in it, but how could there not be? It was admitted by Vince, Heyman and Bischoff that WWF compensated them for talent they signed while WCW did not. I know they didnt have to but it obviously benefitted WWF to have a better relationship with ECW instead of just trying to throw money at the talent. Thats why when word got out about how WCW was ran guys like the Dudleys and Rhyno wound up in WWF while guys like Mike Awesome wound up in WCW.

whorehay
07-31-2009, 07:41 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N51M_GcLV54&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N51M_GcLV54&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TjM
07-31-2009, 08:53 AM

I imagine you will have every disgruntled ex-WCW wrestler they can dig up, Heyman, and Vince all just trashing WCW, and then you'll have Eric Bischoff left as the lone man to try and defend everything...similar to the way they treated WCW in the ECW DVD.

The one thing I'm curious about is how they're going to do this without Mick Foley (who had a lot of great WCW stories) and Kevin Nash.

Maybe they'll dig up Scott Hall and X-Pac...I don't think they're in TNA, are they?

I imagine all parties are absolutely going to DESTROY both Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett in this DVD.

The only real answer I want out of this whole thing is a better explanation of why Vince didn't push to give WCW its own show once he bought the company, instead of running the shitty invasion angle.

That was always the original plan, and they've always used some vague explanation like they couldn't get TV time.

I think Biscoff declined to be involved

TjM
07-31-2009, 08:54 AM

The independent ECW DVD was much better

Forever Hardcore

TripleSkeet
07-31-2009, 09:16 AM
I think Biscoff declined to be involved

He did decline. As did a few other WCW execs from the past.

JustJon
07-31-2009, 09:59 AM
And I understand there was alot of WCW bashing in it, but how could there not be? It was admitted by Vince, Heyman and Bischoff that WWF compensated them for talent they signed while WCW did not. I know they didnt have to but it obviously benefitted WWF to have a better relationship with ECW instead of just trying to throw money at the talent. Thats why when word got out about how WCW was ran guys like the Dudleys and Rhyno wound up in WWF while guys like Mike Awesome wound up in WCW.

To be fair, WWF also helped promote ECW by doing crossover shows, like the ECW invasion of Raw and The King going to the House of Hardcore.

I like that this DVD isn't just focusing on the "stars" of WCW from the 90s, when it was the undercard that was always the best part of the shows, regardless of what Bischoff thought.

conman823
08-03-2009, 11:02 PM
All I can say is some of those Matches listed stunk up the Joint.

i.e.-
Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan
Bash at the Beach – July 17, 1994

asayresk
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Awesome DVD. Seeing Goldberg beat hugh Morris brought back good memories.

3Setsof10
09-05-2009, 09:31 AM

They ran a RAW in Tacoma where they had the WCW title match between Booker T and Buff Bagwell, with Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson as the announcers, and the crowd HATED it

McMahon based solely on that decided against giving WCW a separate show

asayresk
09-05-2009, 08:43 PM
After watching the whole box set, i might have to change my opinion on the DVD. It still a good DVD however they left out a lot of stuff.

whorehay
09-06-2009, 07:50 PM
After watching the whole box set, i might have to change my opinion on the DVD. It still a good DVD however they left out a lot of stuff.

I agree. Not one word about Bret Hart?

I was cool to see them go over the David Arquette situation, though they could've redeemed themselves by mentioning that he donated his entire WCW salary to the families of Brian Pillman, Owen Hart, referee Brian Hildebrand and Darren Drozdov.

Giant seemed a bit bitter toward Hall and Nash, understandably so.
But to cement the supreme absurdity of wCw, they should've shown Rick Steiner going one on one debating Chuckie from Childs Play. I've seen some dumb stuff in my day, but that still ranks way up there.