You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Greatest wrestling feud ever? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Greatest wrestling feud ever?

pussyhound
07-09-2009, 12:18 PM
What in your mind was the best storyline and match in the history of WWE? You can't say Rock vs. Stone Cold. Be more specific. Which match and setup are you talking about? I'm going to say Kane vs. Undertaker that kicked off at Badd Blood in the hell in a cell and ended at Wrestlemania with the Undertaker coming out with that badass entrance and beating Kane. I know they've had a few feuds since then but I think that one is the best. After that I'd probably go HBK vs. Bret Hart that ended at Survivor Series '97 and then maybe as shitty as it is to say, when Sting came back and saved WCW from the nWo when it was still new. I know the conclusion of the match sucked but the build was huge and it was before the basically the entire WCW roster was in wolfpack or black and white. Let me know what you think.

epo
07-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Flair vs. Dusty.

Lock it up.

cougarjake13
07-09-2009, 12:32 PM
stone cold rock

pussyhound
07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
which rock vs. stone cold? the first one where he threw the title over the bridge or the last one where the rock had sold out and gone to hollywood or which of the many in between. i'm saying for anticipation of a match and interesting build up to a match which one carried it the best and for Kane vs. Undertaker it was like a half a year thing and it all led up to brother vs. brother at fuckin wrestlemania. that's a feud my friend. There was even build before Kane showed his face on tv with paul bearer talking shit. Then Kane showed up and saved shawn michaels' ass in the first ever hell in a cell which was fuckin awesome, and coincidentally led to the hbk vs. bret hart final match which is #2 on my list

cougarjake13
07-09-2009, 12:41 PM
which rock vs. stone cold? the first one where he threw the title over the bridge or the last one where the rock had sold out and gone to hollywood or which of the many in between. i'm saying for anticipation of a match and interesting build up to a match which one carried it the best and for Kane vs. Undertaker it was like a half a year thing and it all led up to brother vs. brother at fuckin wrestlemania. that's a feud my friend. There was even build before Kane showed his face on tv with paul bearer talking shit. Then Kane showed up and saved shawn michaels' ass in the first ever hell in a cell which was fuckin awesome, and coincidentally led to the hbk vs. bret hart final match which is #2 on my list

i was just busting chops cause you said not to pick them

pussyhound
07-09-2009, 12:45 PM
why you gotta fuckin break balls?

instrument
07-09-2009, 12:51 PM
sorry i'm not a wrestling historian
but i loved sting and the muta for a while

King Hippos Bandaid
07-09-2009, 12:52 PM
4 Horse Man (Flair) /Dusty was classic

Macho Man /Steamboat ( George the Animal and Elizabeth) escalated into a great WM3 match up

how is the hounding for pussy going

any pussy hounded yet

TripleSkeet
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Austin vs. McMahon 1998 / 1999

pussyhound
07-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Yea, Austin/McMahon was great. I guess I kinda write that off as a feud that didn't involve two wrestlers but since they wrestled i guess its hard to say that. You may have me beat. I even own the McMahon DVD. That Kane/Undertaker feud was also going on at the same time as the McMahon feud started heating up because michaels hit taker with the chair at the same summerslam that owen broke austins neck i think. I don't know. When did that start, 97 and then they finally fought at st. valentine's day massacre in what 97 or 98? I guess thats a hell of a build and that cage match was pretty good, not mcmahons best, but it was good. As far as Dusty and the horsemen my NWA/early WCW intelligence is low and if you had some youtube clips or somethin i'd like to check it out. I watch a lot of old flair promos from then but he doesn't mention a lot about dusty. As far as hounding the pussy goes, its kinda like what the joker said about a dog chasin cars in the dark knight. and i was breakin balls about you breakin balls.

TripleSkeet
07-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Yea, Austin/McMahon was great. I guess I kinda write that off as a feud that didn't involve two wrestlers but since they wrestled i guess its hard to say that. You may have me beat. I even own the McMahon DVD. That Kane/Undertaker feud was also going on at the same time as the McMahon feud started heating up because michaels hit taker with the chair at the same summerslam that owen broke austins neck i think. I don't know. When did that start, 97 and then they finally fought at st. valentine's day massacre in what 97 or 98? I guess thats a hell of a build and that cage match was pretty good, not mcmahons best, but it was good. As far as Dusty and the horsemen my NWA/early WCW intelligence is low and if you had some youtube clips or somethin i'd like to check it out. I watch a lot of old flair promos from then but he doesn't mention a lot about dusty. As far as hounding the pussy goes, its kinda like what the joker said about a dog chasin cars in the dark knight. and i was breakin balls about you breakin balls.

Austin vs. McMahon really started right before the Royal Rumble 1998. I mean Austin did stun McMahon before that but he was just an announcer at the time and not yet th evil Mr. McMahon. Actually, if you have WWE classic, they will be showing the Raw it happend on next month. It started when McMahon brought out Tyson and Stone Cold shoved him. McMahon starts yelling "You ruined it dammit!!" The day after that 1998 Wrestlemania was when Austin was supposed to wrestle McMahon on that Philly Raw, only to be ruined at the last minute by Dude Love. That lit the fuse for the feud that lasted til Wrestlemania 1999. The cage match was great. It basically showed a millionaire breaking bones to make good tv. Dont forget Vince won that Royal Rumble too.

Devo37
07-09-2009, 08:13 PM
not the greatest, but one of the memorable 'WWE responding to world events' feuds: Angle vs. Austin after 9/11. Angle kicked out of about 9 stunners and won the title, and the crowd ate it up! USA! USA!

asayresk
07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Bruno Sammartino vs Larry Zybisco

TjM
07-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Superstar Billy Graham vs Dusty

pussyhound
07-10-2009, 04:42 AM

I listened to Bill Simmons' podcast with Dave Meltzer just yesterday about that.

conman823
07-10-2009, 08:25 PM

That was about it for Zybisco's career. His legacy is running around outside the ring for 15 minutes during every match.

Flair vs. Dusty.

Lock it up.

Seen all these matches, just don't get them. I think Dusty was an awful worker who only got over as much as he did because he looked like everyones Hick Uncle who was a Plummer.

Flairs had better fueds.

hit11man
07-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Was zybysco in awa after his stuff in wwwf or what? I guess it had to have been

conman823
07-12-2009, 04:03 AM
Zybisco married Verne Gagne's daughter or some shit. He had a job there for life.

He kinda floundered in WCW, but did have a good (but brief) run in the WWF with Arn Anderson as a Brain Buster.

instrument
07-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Whattabout when the road warriors gouged dustys eye with one of their spikes! That was craaaazzzyyyyyy

instrument
07-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Ooo the ultimate warrior and ravishing rick rude, that was hillarious

3Setsof10
07-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Zybisco married Verne Gagne's daughter or some shit. He had a job there for life.

He kinda floundered in WCW, but did have a good (but brief) run in the WWF with Arn Anderson as a Brain Buster.

Uhhhh

That was Tully Blanchard

styckx
07-12-2009, 05:54 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pK1fWhijFNc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pK1fWhijFNc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

instrument
07-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Undertaker vs. Kane is when I gave up on wrestling, when they had kane shooting electric bolts at the ring posts I could think of no excuse for an adult to watch such jibberish!

Flea_Man
07-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Rock/Austin

foodcourtdruide
07-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Jake "the snake" Roberts and Macho Man!

3Setsof10
07-12-2009, 10:11 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pK1fWhijFNc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pK1fWhijFNc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shame that one was squashed, he made every belt and match and feud he was in watchable

ScottFromGA
07-12-2009, 03:16 PM
That was about it for Zybisco's career. His legacy is running around outside the ring for 15 minutes during every match.

Seen all these matches, just don't get them. I think Dusty was an awful worker who only got over as much as he did because he looked like everyones Hick Uncle who was a Plummer.

Flairs had better fueds.

OH NO YOU DIT'NT!!

SHANEFROMGA
07-12-2009, 04:04 PM
rock 'n' roll express vs. midnite express.

boonanas
07-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Masato Tanaka vs. Awesome Mike Awesome
or

RVD vs. Jerry Lynn

best fucking matches EVER

TripleSkeet
07-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Shame that one was squashed, he made every belt and match and feud he was in watchable

He got such little respect from WCW. His music was so generic Tony Schaivone wasnt even sure if it was him.

pussyhound
07-13-2009, 11:03 AM
how about making it on the air like that. I tried to call in but they fuckin hung up on me when i gave my name. pussyhound making waves.

tnbt23
07-22-2009, 05:01 PM
i wasnt watching WWF during the early to mid 80's so the NWA is my only reference point:

Sting vs Flair - 80's
Flair vs Luger - 80's
HBK vs Bret Hart - 90's

hit11man
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
hart vs. stone cold
hart vs. hbk
hart vs perfect

pussyhound
08-06-2009, 04:22 PM
hart vs. stone cold
hart vs. hbk
hart vs perfect

I'd say HBK vs. stone cold
HBK vs hart
HBK vs jericho

hit11man
08-06-2009, 05:46 PM
ok ill be a little more serious with the greatest instead of being so biased:
steamboat vs flair
dynamite kid vs tiger mask
hogan vs andre

johnniehardrock
08-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Tommy Wildfire Rich vs Buzz Sawyer
Kevin Sullivan vs Dusty

Knowledged_one
08-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Masato Tanaka vs. Awesome Mike Awesome
or

RVD vs. Jerry Lynn

best fucking matches EVER

Those are some good ones, Sabu vs. Taz was good as well

My other Tops are: Raven vs. Dreamer the original feud

Dudley Boys vs. Hardy Boys vs. Edge and Christian - Summer of 98 or 99 i believe and it was the best period of tag wrestling ever

K.C.
08-30-2009, 02:04 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_8IYEATV7I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_8IYEATV7I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

asayresk
08-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Chris Benoit vs Kevin Sullivan

asayresk
08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Von Erichs vs Freebirds

hit11man
08-31-2009, 06:12 AM
Chris Benoit vs Kevin Sullivan

Was awesome!! this one got me watching WCW!!

Kevin
08-31-2009, 06:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_8IYEATV7I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_8IYEATV7I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Miss non Jesus Shawn...

He was the best..

ihaveabadmonkey
08-31-2009, 06:38 AM
The Moondogs vs The British Bulldogs

hit11man
08-31-2009, 06:40 AM
Bret Hart:Best there is , best there was, and ever will be

asayresk
08-31-2009, 11:54 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GW9550zlZfU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GW9550zlZfU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just love Dusty Rhodes Commentary. RIP Benoit & Woman.

hit11man
09-01-2009, 05:28 AM
they were both pretty intense. think the real life stuff going on might have had any effect on this??

conman823
09-01-2009, 11:00 PM
they were both pretty intense. think the real life stuff going on might have had any effect on this??

I guess in the end she should have stayed with Sullivan.

hit11man
09-02-2009, 07:11 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yToMlFwsyDE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yToMlFwsyDE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
not the best feud- but always thought this was a cool one