You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
new show? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : new show?

Drew_C
08-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Whens the next new Special Delivery w/ PT Roberts and ESD? Also, no love for specialdeliveryfans.com?

MacVittie
08-22-2009, 03:33 PM
My guess would be in a while, since O&A seem to be on a long vacation.

Dan G
08-22-2009, 03:42 PM
No SD tonight.

I'll be tuning in to Mark Zito's show.

Hithead
08-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Hopefully never.

Drew_C
08-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Well that was uncalled for, if you don't dig em, just don't comment.

Fez4PrezN2008
08-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Listening to SNV w/ Patrice. I usually dig him, but man this is a chore to listen to tonight. It's probably because he has chicks on the show. (Does that make me gay?)
Really missing Sam & Dave right about now.

tanless1
08-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Well that was uncalled for, if you don't dig em, just don't comment.

come on now, you only want positve speak ?
heil, im not big on sam and dave either. they shoulve improved much faster. i still listen w/ hope in my heart; but how are they going to know that they are lacking if no one says anything. if we all just blow sunshine up there butts, they will not achieve the success they require to make this more than a hobby. i personaly believe they should practice in a more fcc compliant stlye instead of falling on curses fuck'n shitbag's..... as crutches to thier lack of material and inability to mold the scape of entertanment.

Dan G
08-22-2009, 06:19 PM
come on now, you only want positve speak ?
heil, im not big on sam and dave either. they shoulve improved much faster. i still listen w/ hope in my heart; but how are they going to know that they are lacking if no one says anything. if we all just blow sunshine up there butts, they will not achieve the success they require to make this more than a hobby. i personaly believe they should practice in a more fcc compliant stlye instead of falling on curses fuck'n shitbag's..... as crutches to thier lack of material and inability to mold the scape of entertanment.

Did you not listen to last weeks Special Delivery?

Best one yet!

ShowerBench
08-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Hopefully never.

:lol:

tanless1
08-22-2009, 07:03 PM
nope, i missed it . may have been listenen to soul town or sleepn...... suprised i missed it if i was in the truck. been alot going on.
....it was that good ? fingers crossed.

Brad in Bama
08-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Honestly I think that it's probably hard to hone your craft when you only get to do it every so often. I do think last weeks show was probably the best so far.

I think they both have talent, and I think they have the show going in the right direction. I'd be curious to see what would happen if they were able to focus on their show more and more often. You have to remember, a lot of the material they would get to use if they were on every day gets used by O&A and R&F. Both shows spend a lot of time on some good topics, so I'm sure it's hard to not cover the same stuff and be accused of ripping off the bits and lines from the show they're a part of.

You don't have to like them, but I do think they are in a unique situation when it comes to material.

Dan G
08-22-2009, 07:38 PM
I might get bashed for this, but although I enjoy listening to Special Delivery, to me they're just a watered down version of O&A and R&F.

What I mean by that is, they're basically following the same formula as the 2 main shows on the channel. Talking about current news, TV shows, personal stories, etc... Only difference is it's their point of view and less polished.

I think Sam and Dave would work better if they had a themed show. They both seem big into films, why not take the movie club idea from R&F and make a show out of it? On pre-taped shows they could pick a random director, actor, writer, etc.. and discuss their favorite and least favorites by that particular person.

Three hour shows would obviously have fan interaction with listeners joining in and contributing. There's plenty of web sites out there that have lists (top war films, worst sequels, best prequels, etc...), so there would be plenty of topics to fill a live show.

I truly want Sam and Dave to succeed, but I don't think following the same formula is the way to go.

The Virus needs some variety.

metaregina
08-25-2009, 03:33 PM
I might get bashed for this, but although I enjoy listening to Special Delivery, to me they're just a watered down version of O&A and R&F.

What I mean by that is, they're basically following the same formula as the 2 main shows on the channel. Talking about current news, TV shows, personal stories, etc... Only difference is it's their point of view and less polished.

I think Sam and Dave would work better if they had a themed show. They both seem big into films, why not take the movie club idea from R&F and make a show out of it? On pre-taped shows they could pick a random director, actor, writer, etc.. and discuss their favorite and least favorites by that particular person.

Three hour shows would obviously have fan interaction with listeners joining in and contributing. There's plenty of web sites out there that have lists (top war films, worst sequels, best prequels, etc...), so there would be plenty of topics to fill a live show.

I truly want Sam and Dave to succeed, but I don't think following the same formula is the way to go.

The Virus needs some variety.

Nice advice. :clap: