You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Title shots [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Title shots

CYYYFYYY
10-24-2009, 09:25 AM
What bugs me the most in wrestling is when the title shots make no sense. What do I mean.....

last pay fer view in the WWE, Mysterio and Batista lose to jerricho and and Big Show. Next pay fer view, BAtista and Mysterio get a title shot against Undertaker. Shouldn;t Jerrich and Big Show get the title shot.

In TNA Samoa Joe loses to Lashley and Daniels loses and Ultimate X or some kind of match. what happens, Joe and Daniels get title shots. Should it not be Red and Lashley getting the title shots.

It really aggitates me when stuff like this happens

instrument
10-24-2009, 09:33 AM
What aggitates me is why chris jericho and jeff jarratt are pushed so hard, does anyone like em?

Hottub
10-24-2009, 10:53 AM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_XZmDZCvHp7I/RokFtLQG-0I/AAAAAAAAASA/64Yue26LnXs/s320/arra1.bmp

*edit* Misread the thread name.

Carry on.

Perrynoid On Demand
10-24-2009, 02:24 PM
chris jericho is awesome. One of the best promo cutters of our time. Great heel.

Don Stugots
10-24-2009, 04:28 PM
http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Jen-No-Lesbian-Kiss-Real-Boobs-Fake-Nose-2.jpg

Bob Impact
10-24-2009, 04:43 PM
What aggitates me is why chris jericho and jeff jarratt are pushed so hard, does anyone like em?

Jericho? really? He's the MVP of both shows right now... theres a reason he's ALWAYS out with the guest host.

CYYYFYYY
10-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I see this si going to be an appreciton to Jerricho thread. I am a big Jerricho fan. I can;t stand Jarrett however he is not wrastling now so it matters not

Perrynoid On Demand
10-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah I never understood the whole Jeff Jarrett thing. He ripped off the Honky Tonk Man's guitar gimmick and -- as far as his creative writing for TNA goes...well, he sucks at that too.
Ive never met a storyline at TNA that kept my attention for more than 3 minutes.

foodcourtdruide
10-24-2009, 06:52 PM
I totally agree with cyyfyy. The WWE championship(s) picture make no sense. I think this iis because there are so many pay-per-views.

TripleSkeet
10-24-2009, 07:47 PM
I totally agree with cyyfyy. The WWE championship(s) picture make no sense. I think this iis because there are so many pay-per-views.

They had the same amount of PPV's in 1999. Its just bad booking.

Dirtbag
10-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah I never understood the whole Jeff Jarrett thing. He ripped off the Honky Tonk Man's guitar gimmick and -- as far as his creative writing for TNA goes...well, he sucks at that too.
Ive never met a storyline at TNA that kept my attention for more than 3 minutes.

Long story short - his daddy owned TNA, and Dixie Carter is an idiot.

He's a decent enough wrestler but he's boring as fuck and his ego is surpassed only by Nash and Hogan.

conman823
10-25-2009, 09:38 AM

That why WWE is still around, to pander to 8 year olds with no attention span. The storylines in TNA right now, Vince can't even touch.

Long story short - his daddy owned TNA, and Dixie Carter is an idiot.

He's a decent enough wrestler but he's boring as fuck and his ego is surpassed only by Nash and Hogan.

Dixie actually took the hard steps needed to turn TNA around. She listened to other people opinion and quickly righted some wrongs. Jarrett has lost creative control, and most of his cronies have been let go. Russo survives, but I think thats until they lure away a replacement. His clock is ticking.

As far as the Hogan/ Nash comment, what it this 1999? Nash is in great shape and hasn't worked this good since his original WWE run. Hulk Hogan couldn't be more irrelevant.

Too many people drank the WWE Kool-Aid. Not everything WWE DVD puts out is truth people.

conman823
10-25-2009, 09:42 AM
The Title Scene in WWE has been a joke for years now.

Titles flip back and forth so much I can't even begin to keep track. Does anyone even CARE when there guy loses a belt? You know another reign could be a soon as one week away.

Back in the when, a guy like Mr. Perfect dropping his belt to Bret Hart was epic. Tommorrow is Taker loses to Batista your like "Oh, OK".

Fucking PPV overkill, I blame it for a lot. The storylines never develop properly. Guys fight each other over and over. Its watered down the whole product. The fuck has $$ like that to buy these shitty glorified RAW episodes every month anyway? I had to beg my parents for Rumble and Wrestlemania every year back when "The Big 5" ruled.

TripleSkeet
10-25-2009, 10:29 AM
As a longtime wrestling fan I (and always more partial to WWF) I can honestly say that right now TNA is head and shoulders above WWE as far as putting on a better show.

When he has someone that can be partial and carve away the bullshit, Vince Russo can put together some really good storylines.

cougarjake13
10-25-2009, 02:40 PM
What bugs me the most in wrestling is when the title shots make no sense. What do I mean.....

last pay fer view in the WWE, Mysterio and Batista lose to jerricho and and Big Show. Next pay fer view, BAtista and Mysterio get a title shot against Undertaker. Shouldn;t Jerrich and Big Show get the title shot.

In TNA Samoa Joe loses to Lashley and Daniels loses and Ultimate X or some kind of match. what happens, Joe and Daniels get title shots. Should it not be Red and Lashley getting the title shots.

It really aggitates me when stuff like this happens

yeh that makes no sense

another one i hate is when they have a match for the title where you know theres no way in hell the challenger is gonna win

like cena vs miz ... was there any doubt cena would retain ?? how can a match like that be enjoyable to the fan

asayresk
10-25-2009, 09:55 PM
TNA is on the rise. All TNA needs to do is get the monday night slot on Spike live.

Dirtbag
10-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Dixie actually took the hard steps needed to turn TNA around. She listened to other people opinion and quickly righted some wrongs. Jarrett has lost creative control, and most of his cronies have been let go. Russo survives, but I think thats until they lure away a replacement. His clock is ticking.Yeah, now. For the first, what, five years of TNA she let Double J run things his way, with him spending most of that time as champion. Someone finally convinced her to do things right.

As far as the Hogan/ Nash comment, what it this 1999? Nash is in great shape and hasn't worked this good since his original WWE run. Hulk Hogan couldn't be more irrelevant.I just meant in general. Those two are near the top of a short list of people responsible for the death of WCW. And even a prime Nash was a pretty below-average wrestler. I do think he's funny as fuck though and he would even give guys like prime Flair and Foley a challenge on the mic if he actually gave a shit.

TripleSkeet
10-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Yeah, now. For the first, what, five years of TNA she let Double J run things his way, with him spending most of that time as champion. Someone finally convinced her to do things right.

Yea what happened was he got caught fucking Angles ex wife. You dont fuck with the head of the top talent in your company. That was all the ammo Dixie needed.

CruelCircus
11-01-2009, 12:55 PM
another one i hate is when they have a match for the title where you know theres no way in hell the challenger is gonna win

like cena vs miz ... was there any doubt cena would retain ?? how can a match like that be enjoyable to the fan

Because sometimes you get the Jeff Hardy vs. the Undertaker Ladder Match.

cougarjake13
11-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Because sometimes you get the Jeff Hardy vs. the Undertaker Ladder Match.

true it was a great match but at that point i think most people felt theres no way hardy wins this

he wasnt being pushed for main events yet

CruelCircus
11-02-2009, 11:20 PM
true it was a great match but at that point i think most people felt theres no way hardy wins this

he wasnt being pushed for main events yet

That's the point.
The question was why have a match where you know the challenger won't win.
No one thought Hardy would win, but it still was a tremendous, memorable match.

Triple H had a match like that with Shelton Benjamin (I think) once. You knew HHH would win, but they put on a great show.