You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Hulk Hogan + Eric Bischoff Signs With TNA [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Hogan + Eric Bischoff Signs With TNA

MIKEYDAKEN
10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
BREAKING TNA NEWS: Eric Bischoff Signs With TNA
TNA President Dixie Carter and several top flight TNA officials are at Hulk Hogan's press conference in New York City at Madison Square Garden
right now.

The former WCW and WWF champion has inked a deal to join TNA with former WCW Vice President Eric Bischoff joining him in the company as well.

Obviously, this is going to be the start of major changes for the organization.

wow either it's on or tna will be broke in a year.

brettmojo
10-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Major changes?

So by signing two former and over-the-hill WCW/WWE personalities and pushing them to the forefront of their shows they're gonna' be doing something different than they already have been doing?

Kevin
10-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Major changes?

So by signing two former and over-the-hill WCW/WWE personalities and pushing them to the forefront of their shows they're gonna' be doing something different than they already have been doing?

This would have been fantastic if this was 1997

KingGeno
10-27-2009, 11:45 AM
I hope 1,2,3 Kid comes back.

SpicyMcHaggis
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
All I hope is that he better not be wrestling. The man even said himself that he can't even do half the stuff he was doing a few years ago let alone when he started wrestling. The only thing I can think of is Hogan using TNA to promote his Hulkamania tour, book, and being some type of on-air character than an actual in-ring competitor. With the recent youth movement in TNA, this could either be a great attention getter or a giant step backwards in the momentum the company was finally getting in creating their own identity.

TripleSkeet
10-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Ill give them the benefit of the doubt. I dont see them pushing Hogan over their young stars.

burrben
10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
what's TNA?

Fallon
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Is Virgil busy?

Doogie
10-27-2009, 07:53 PM
I personally can't wait to see Davey Boy Smith, The Blue Blazer, Hawk of the Road Warriors, Dino Bravo...

Knowledged_one
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM
They are bringing hogan in to be the ultimate heel

hes going to sneak into the room of the guy his kid almost killed and Unplug the machine and then he and bischoff are going to paint HWO on the dying guy and leave

TripleSkeet
10-27-2009, 09:05 PM
From what I hear Bischoff is there to help market TNA which I think is a brilliant move. Like it or not he took WCW when it was in the toilet and made it huge. TNA got its whole idea of using the soundstage from what he did for WCW Saturday night. That was his first step.

I also hear they may be using Hogan as some kind of on air power role. Kinda like a commissioner or something.

conman823
10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
From what I hear Bischoff is there to help market TNA which I think is a brilliant move. Like it or not he took WCW when it was in the toilet and made it huge. TNA got its whole idea of using the soundstage from what he did for WCW Saturday night. That was his first step.

I also hear they may be using Hogan as some kind of on air power role. Kinda like a commissioner or something.

Bischoff has a good mind for Marketing, and I think generally he gets a lot of the shitty rep from the end times when Russo was tanking WCW. Any minor amount of factual research into the "Death of WCW" would show that Bischoff was not in full control of WCW toward the end, but was kinda playing with the band as it went down.

Hogan on the other hand..........ugh. I don't even see this guy as ANY kind of draw anymore. Bringing him in is a major step backward IMO. It would almost be acceptable if they brought him in JUST to Job to every young guy on the line-up, but with his massive EGO running rampant I'm sure his Title Reign is already lined up.

WTF? Why does fucking Bischoff and Hogan run around as some package deal? It's like buy Hogan, get Eric half price.

jeff Jarrett is rolling in his grave.

TripleSkeet
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Bischoff has a good mind for Marketing, and I think generally he gets a lot of the shitty rep from the end times when Russo was tanking WCW. Any minor amount of factual research into the "Death of WCW" would show that Bischoff was not in full control of WCW toward the end, but was kinda playing with the band as it went down.

Hogan on the other hand..........ugh. I don't even see this guy as ANY kind of draw anymore. Bringing him in is a major step backward IMO. It would almost be acceptable if they brought him in JUST to Job to every young guy on the line-up, but with his massive EGO running rampant I'm sure his Title Reign is already lined up.

WTF? Why does fucking Bischoff and Hogan run around as some package deal? It's like buy Hogan, get Eric half price.

jeff Jarrett is rolling in his grave.

Meh, if they bring Hogan in as an authority figure instead of wrestling I wouldnt mind it. Its helps bring in public awareness.

As far as the death of WCW goes, its really funny. Because if you read books like Bischoffs you will see the things that really killed them was the fact that Turner was bought out by AOL / Time Warner. Once they took over they took the corporate approach of trying not to offend anyone.

Basically they stopped all blood, foul language of any kind, any kind of sexual references, they wouldnt even let the wrestlers say the word "hate". They had to say they disliked each other. It had to be completey PG and dumbed down for children.

It actually sounds exactly the way the WWE is today.

They also started scripting every promo word for word for any wrestler not in the top tier. Then they had problems because those guys who had creative control in their contracts could refuse to job to whoever they wanted. So the scripts went in the toilet, they couldnt build wrestlers, the company lost money, and the corporate suits could justify shutting it down, which is what most of them wanted to do anyway.

Kevin
10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Here is the problem with TNA and wrestling in general..

They have taken away all the surprise and shock of an event with thier need to get in the spotlight and make these big announcements.

It would have been much cooler if it were like the old days and wrestlers just showed up out of nowhere at an event or PPV.

How much better would it be if all of a sudden you see Hogan come in at a PPV and shock everyone.

Now its going to be expected and not make nearly as much of an impact.

The last time i saw this happen was when Jehricho came in and interutped the Rock.

That shit was surprising and it added to the moment.

Now you have this garbage.

Kevin
10-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Cena coming back for the Rumble was pretty cool too.

Because no one really expected it.

ScottFromGA
10-28-2009, 01:02 AM
what about the time that Matt Hardy returned and beat the shit outta Edge? It was during the whole real life kayfabe turned angle problems between them two and Lita.

That was pretty cool.....and as usual, the E went no where with it.

TripleSkeet
10-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Here is the problem with TNA and wrestling in general..

They have taken away all the surprise and shock of an event with thier need to get in the spotlight and make these big announcements.

It would have been much cooler if it were like the old days and wrestlers just showed up out of nowhere at an event or PPV.

How much better would it be if all of a sudden you see Hogan come in at a PPV and shock everyone.

Now its going to be expected and not make nearly as much of an impact.

The last time i saw this happen was when Jehricho came in and interutped the Rock.

That shit was surprising and it added to the moment.

Now you have this garbage.

TNA actually does this alot better then WWE. Especially now that WWE does everything to try to boost ratings, even if its just for one show (another bad habit taken directly from WCW)

TNA just had a guy debut named Desmond Wolf. Sounds like a nobody, but apparently was a really big free agent that WWE dropped the ball on. He was the ROH Champion and had talked with WWE but they just took too long to send him a contract. So he shows up on Impact last week and throws Kurt Angle a beating. Pretty impressive debut in my opinion.

And nobody has ever been able to touch Jericho's WWF debut.

SpicyMcHaggis
10-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Two ways this can go:

- Hogan will appear, do a few big match ups like Hogan/Angle, Hogan/Nash rematch, Hogan/Steiner, promote his tour in Austrailia, bring in some of those talents he has signed for his tour in for appearaneces. Bischoff will market the hell out of TNA in a positive fashion promoting the younger talent and the different style they bring to the wrestling world, sign new sponsors to gain more promotional material to put the TNA identity out there. PPV buy rates will go up, a new TV deal will be signed for a new program on Monday nights, Hogan will become an authority figure ala Foley on-air and be a marketing tool off-air behind the scenes by helping talent with matches, promoting the product across the country, allowing TNA to do TV tapings at the small arenas they do house shows in.

- Hogan will take the title, use the spotlight to promote his tour, his book, bury the younger talents by beating them in squash matches, and TNA will have to start over with building their identity once he drains them of their money that could have went toward their product.

I'm really hoping for the first one.

conman823
10-30-2009, 09:24 PM
- Hogan will take the title, use the spotlight to promote his tour, his book, bury the younger talents by beating them in squash matches, and TNA will have to start over with building their identity once he drains them of their money that could have went toward their product.

I don't think this is possible in this era. First of all its well documented that the senario you presented is basically what KILLED WCW. Second, the guy can't work the way he used too. His last big match was vs Rock at WM18.

Even a Title Run would be a streach at this point. At least Sting/Foley can still work.

Whatever happens I hope the TNA deal is short lived..........really short.

conman823
10-30-2009, 09:25 PM
TNA actually does this alot better then WWE. Especially now that WWE does everything to try to boost ratings, even if its just for one show (another bad habit taken directly from WCW)

TNA just had a guy debut named Desmond Wolf. Sounds like a nobody, but apparently was a really big free agent that WWE dropped the ball on. He was the ROH Champion and had talked with WWE but they just took too long to send him a contract. So he shows up on Impact last week and throws Kurt Angle a beating. Pretty impressive debut in my opinion.

And nobody has ever been able to touch Jericho's WWF debut.

to put it bluntly "Desmond Wolfe" (Nigel McGinness) is everything WWE wats Randy Orton to be....but never will be.

SpicyMcHaggis
11-01-2009, 08:40 AM
I do believe the follow up of Wolfe's debut was a bit over shadowed by Hogan's announcement but if the program leads to a quality feud with Angle, I'm all for it. As for all the Hogan stuff, I really hope that it's the momentum shift for TNA to get them in the black financially and really put them in a spot where ratings and PPV buy rates will rise dramatically.

SpicyMcHaggis
11-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Hogan on Bubba the Love Sponge:

Said he's going to be booking TNA
Also said he's giving Russo a second chance with the young talent initiative
No where in his contract does it state that he's going to be wrestling

Take it for what it's worth but it seems that Hogan is now partners with Carter and will be running the show.

cougarjake13
11-06-2009, 06:29 PM
not sure if it was real but didnt hogan sign a 20 yr deal with vince for vince to be able to use hogans name and all that crap ??

so why would he be able to go by hogan in TNA whether he wrestles or not ?? i think hogan owns the trademark and all but i remember on oe episode of hogan knows best they made that deal

conman823
11-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Hogan on Bubba the Love Sponge:

Said he's going to be booking TNA
Also said he's giving Russo a second chance with the young talent initiative
No where in his contract does it state that he's going to be wrestling

Take it for what it's worth but it seems that Hogan is now partners with Carter and will be running the show.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::flush::fl ush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:

:ohmy:

TripleSkeet
11-06-2009, 07:47 PM
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::flush::fl ush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:

:ohmy:

If hes not wrestling I dont have a problem with him booking it. At least not until I see what he comes up with.

Dirtbag
11-07-2009, 01:13 AM
If hes not wrestling I dont have a problem with him booking it. At least not until I see what he comes up with.

Yep. As long as he's not doing both I'm willing to at least give him a chance. No active wrestler should ever be booking, especially Hogan.

Don Stugots
11-07-2009, 06:04 AM
i agree with you both.

conman823
11-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Proving Kayfabe is never really dead, Hulk Hogan sat down for an interview in Australia. Some Highlights of the interview are......

Whoever isn't on "Team Hogan" is going to be left at the bottom.
He marks for Sting, Angle, and AJ Styles
He's the greatest thing to ever happen in Wrestling...even took credit for the nWo.
Hates "Writers" in Wrestling over scripting everything.
"Challenged" SCSA in a Gym in Venice Beach......and SCSA wussed out BROTHER!!

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/122803/Hulk-Hogan-Discusses-TNA,-Vince-McMahon,-Steve-Austin,-Changing-The-Industry,-More.htm