You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Hogan says TNA will pull a 3.0 rating on 1/04 [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Hogan says TNA will pull a 3.0 rating on 1/04

whorehay
12-10-2009, 08:09 AM
When interviewed by Arda Ocal and Corey Erdman of the "Right After Wrestling" program on SIRIUS 98, Hulk Hogan predicted that Nielson ratings would TRIPLE TO A 3.0 on his debut appearance on TNA Impact on Monday January 4. Hogan went on to list names such as AJ Styles and Matt Morgan as guys with "something there" and that he will look to mold and "bring to life".

The full interview will air on "Right After Wrestling" on Monday night December 14 at 11pm EST on SIRIUS Channel 98, Hardcore Sports Radio.

lleeder
12-10-2009, 08:14 AM
what do you want him to say? Nobody will watch? I've never watched the show once and I'll be there.

Furtherman
12-10-2009, 08:30 AM
That's on SPIKE, right?

That's entirely possible, as SPIKE has pulled 3.0 and higher ratings before in the past 5 years for P18-49, and if Hogan means the Household rating, then that's even easier.

conman823
12-10-2009, 11:24 AM
He promoting the shit out of this thing (to his credit), it may actually happen.

SPIKE has the key demo in place, hell my old man is gonna watch because he saw Hogan plugging it on Larry King. He hasn't watched since the Monday Night Wars.

cougarjake13
12-10-2009, 02:25 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if it did better than a 3.0

its just the one night that it'll be on head to head and all the reg wrestling fans will prob check it out,

then you'll have the other wrestling fans who for whatever reason never knew tna existed checking it out,

finished by the tons of hulkamaniacs who have been disenfrancished by wrestling who'll just tune in because of hogan

foodcourtdruide
12-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Is the show going to be live? If so, I'll be there. If not, I'll read a spoiler and find something else to watch.

Bob Impact
12-10-2009, 02:35 PM
If it pulls a 3.0 I'll watch someone else eat their hat.

cougarjake13
12-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Is the show going to be live? If so, I'll be there. If not, I'll read a spoiler and find something else to watch.

it will be live that night

SpicyMcHaggis
12-10-2009, 03:51 PM
So what happens if he doesn't?

TripleSkeet
12-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Its a pretty ballsy prediction. I for one really hope they do. Maybe thatll give Spike the faith it needs to put them on every Monday. I really think people will give it a chance even just switching back and forth and eventually it will start taking fans from Raw that are just bored to death seeing the same matches every week.

SpicyMcHaggis
12-11-2009, 05:50 PM
It's being reported that one of the first things he wants to change when he "gets into power" is getting rid of the six sided ring.

Fallon
12-11-2009, 05:53 PM
It's being reported that one of the first things he wants to change when he "gets into power" is getting rid of the six sided ring.

Fuck, now I'll watch!!!

:thumbdown:

ScottFromGA
12-12-2009, 04:47 AM
I think Hogan thinks his star power will still pull like it has in the past.

I think the old man has given too many leg drops myself. TNA blows and it will always blow.

cougarjake13
12-12-2009, 02:11 PM
i say keep the 6 sided ring for specialty matches like six sides of steel and shit like that

otherwise toss it

RingWraith
12-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I never liked the six-sided ring. It always looked stupid to me.

SpicyMcHaggis
12-14-2009, 08:35 AM
It's also being reported that Hogan has said he'll leave TNA if he can't make it work. According to websites, Hogan is supposed to be, storyline-wise, pushing the younger talent as the focus of TNA, getting rid of the old guard, while Foley in a role that was originally for Dixie Carter, will be defending the old guard in fear of them losing their jobs. No factions, just more of a territorial thing.

whorehay
12-16-2009, 05:33 PM
He's also said numerous times that he's "getting the band back together". Would we want to see the original nWo back together today? Scott Hall's not quite in his best shape.
It would be interesting to see them together for a one time thing, maybe a segment or interview. but if they run an full time angle with those 3... yikes.

Oh, and RVD has been rumored to be appearing as well. It would be great if these 2 shows were going against each other every week. look at all the stuff they're pulling just for this one show.

cougarjake13
12-17-2009, 03:05 PM
He's also said numerous times that he's "getting the band back together". Would we want to see the original nWo back together today? Scott Hall's not quite in his best shape.
It would be interesting to see them together for a one time thing, maybe a segment or interview. but if they run an full time angle with those 3... yikes.

Oh, and RVD has been rumored to be appearing as well. It would be great if these 2 shows were going against each other every week. look at all the stuff they're pulling just for this one show.

nash also mentioned the putting the band back together thing

SpicyMcHaggis
12-17-2009, 06:27 PM
More reports coming in...

Over the last few weeks we've been hearing about a major overhaul of the TNA 'iMPACT! Zone' in Orlando, FL. We have been holding off on reporting anything until we could get further confirmation.

We've been told that Eric Bischoff's production company is the contractor logged in to oversee the overhaul. TNA has to notify lease agents, insurers and park officials of any construction activities because they can interrupt the filming of other productions on the lot.

We would expect a brand new set to debut on the January 4th TNA iMPACT!. There are also rumors about the six-sided ring being replaced by a 20 x 20 ring although we can't confirm that. We've sent off several emails and have not heard back just yet. Hulk Hogan has also said numerous times that he's not a fan of the six-sided ring.

From TNAWrestlingNews.com