You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Movie Theory [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Movie Theory

Tenbatsuzen
12-28-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure if this was discussed on SD, but I have a movie theory regarding Episode IV.

Here's my question... why did the Alliance high command stay on Yavin when they knew they had at least 30 minutes before the death star was in position?

All the ships involved in the Death Star attack had hyper drives. There was no attachment to the Yavin base. Why wasn't Leia, 3P0, etc. on a Corvette or something that could jump away if the X-Wings failed? They just sat there like sitting ducks, and basically screwed the attack force because there's no rendezvous point to go to if Yavin is blown up.

Think about it - Let's say Luke screws the pooch and misses. Yavin gets blown up. Um, where do they go? Does Luke just fly back to Tatooine, say fuck it, and work with Han Solo as a smuggler since Han suggested it before the Death Star run?

booster11373
12-28-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure if this was discussed on SD, but I have a movie theory regarding Episode IV.

Here's my question... why did the Alliance high command stay on Yavin when they knew they had at least 30 minutes before the death star was in position?

All the ships involved in the Death Star attack had hyper drives. There was no attachment to the Yavin base. Why wasn't Leia, 3P0, etc. on a Corvette or something that could jump away if the X-Wings failed? They just sat there like sitting ducks, and basically screwed the attack force because there's no rendezvous point to go to if Yavin is blown up.

Think about it - Let's say Luke screws the pooch and misses. Yavin gets blown up. Um, where do they go? Does Luke just fly back to Tatooine, say fuck it, and work with Han Solo as a smuggler since Han suggested it before the Death Star run?

So you are looking for depth of thought from a George Lucas script is that correct?

Furtherman
12-28-2009, 02:48 PM
The story needed dension.

K.C.
12-28-2009, 02:56 PM

They had 30 minutes from the time the Death Star arrived, until it would be in range to destroy the planet.

I imagine it would take more than 30 minutes to organize an evacuation of the planet, plus, who's to say they had big ships to evacuate on? The most we saw was the Falcon, some fighters, and maybe a couple shuttles....the base was suppose to be covert, after all...any of those could easily have been destroyed by the Death Star and its fighters.

Plus, wouldn't the Death Star have just tractored in any escape ship like it did the Falcon on Alderaan?

Hottub
12-28-2009, 03:01 PM
So you are looking for depth of thought from Special Delivery, is that correct?

:tongue:

KingGeno
12-28-2009, 03:06 PM
I still wonder how the rebels, wookie, ewoks, droids, and imperials weren't incinerated while standing around the explosing Shield Generator Bunker on Endor. I ponder this question to maintain erections.

Furtherman
12-28-2009, 03:11 PM
It was a huge explosion, but apparently far enough away that Han could just give a little smile. He didn't even have to duck for debris.

Tenbatsuzen
12-28-2009, 03:17 PM
They had 30 minutes from the time the Death Star arrived, until it would be in range to destroy the planet.

I imagine it would take more than 30 minutes to organize an evacuation of the planet, plus, who's to say they had big ships to evacuate on? The most we saw was the Falcon, some fighters, and maybe a couple shuttles....the base was suppose to be covert, after all...any of those could easily have been destroyed by the Death Star and its fighters.

Plus, wouldn't the Death Star have just tractored in any escape ship like it did the Falcon on Alderaan?

1) Hoth was evacuated quickly with an Imperial blockade force.

2) They weren't evacuating the entire planet; just the base. We're not talking millions of people here - just the people in the base - you can see all of them in the end. You can't tell me - if you know the death star is on it's way - that you can't get those people mobilized and off-planet? We're not talking hundreds of ships - maybe 1, 2 cruisers at most.

3) Ostensibly, a tractor beam would near a clear shot at an escape ship just as the super laser would. 30 minute rule is still in effect.

Tall_James
12-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Mafia

booster11373
12-28-2009, 05:26 PM
How about this.........

After the gang escapes the DS, Leia remarks that "of course they let us escape they are tracking us" or something like that

So assuming that why go to the base?

Lead the damn thing somewhere else

Unless Leia was working for the Empire, Im thinking Stockholm syndrome

booster11373
12-28-2009, 05:29 PM
The answer to this and all questions is that its a simple story written by a simple man for children...........

Tenbatsuzen
12-28-2009, 05:49 PM
How about this.........

After the gang escapes the DS, Leia remarks that "of course they let us escape they are tracking us" or something like that

So assuming that why go to the base?

Lead the damn thing somewhere else

Unless Leia was working for the Empire, Im thinking Stockholm syndrome

Well, the reason why they led the DS to Yavin was to attack it. They had to attack as soon as they analyzed the plans, lest any weaknesses they find be protected.

disneyspy
12-28-2009, 07:06 PM
they had just ordered from dominoes and wanted to see if the delivery guy could beat the DS

booster11373
12-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Well, the reason why they led the DS to Yavin was to attack it. They had to attack as soon as they analyzed the plans, lest any weaknesses they find be protected.

Lead the DS somewhere else and your original premise is mote

disneyspy
12-28-2009, 07:12 PM
why didnt they just shoot the super laser at the death star?