You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Bret Hart: champ one more time? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart: champ one more time?

whorehay
02-22-2010, 09:49 AM
PWTorch.com:

- Multiple WWE sources are reporting that Vince McMahon has decided to go a different direction with the Bret Hart storyline and WrestleMania. Believe it or not, the plan as of this weekend was for Bret to win the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

The plan as of Sunday morning was to have either Batista or John Cena walk out of Elimination Chamber with the WWE Title, which obviously Batista won. This should lead to Bret Hart & John Cena vs. Vince McMahon & Batista at WrestleMania with the person who gets the winning pinfall will be new WWE Champion.

The angle has been described as something that would be a "feel-good title win" for Bret. A likely ending for the match would be for Bret to make Vince tapout with the Sharpshooter but that's nothing confirmed.

Vince has gone back and forth on where they're headed with Bret for WrestleMania a few times over the past month but as of this weekend, this was the plan.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/268836024.php

This would definitely be a novelty win, but if it did go down, there'd have to be another gimmick (tournament, battle royal) to give the belt to someone who can actually wrestle. it's not like it's Hogan in the 80's where he wrestled one match every 3 months. Bret cant even do one.

For me, this WrestleMania is already starting to show potential with it's lineup. Would Bret winning be all that bad?

lleeder
02-22-2010, 10:16 AM
I heard he'll drop it to David Arquette the next night.

ScottFromGA
02-22-2010, 10:35 AM
David Arquette is gonna be a black eye on wrestling for the rest of its days....

EddieMoscone
02-22-2010, 10:51 AM
David Arquette is gonna be a black eye on wrestling for the rest of its days....

Sad to say, but at this point David Arquette is probably a better athlete than Bret Hart. The man had a stroke and was half paralyzed. There are better ways to "make it up to him" than a bogus title win.

whorehay
02-22-2010, 11:00 AM
in defense of David Arquette, this is written up in various places:

Arquette is much disliked by professional wrestling fans, after he won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on April 25, 2000 in an effort to promote his wrestling-based movie, Ready to Rumble. The storyline was hugely unpopular; even though Arquette himself was a wrestling fan, he reportedly thought it was a bad idea. He was eventually convinced to do the stunt by head booker Vince Russo. Arquette quietly donated the entirety of his WCW salary to the families of the late Brian Pillman, Owen Hart, and Brian Hildebrand.

CYYYFYYY
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM
If this happens it will be horrid. I do not want to see Vince or Bret Hart near a main event title shot. I might not get wrestlemania if this is the main event.

Dirtbag
02-22-2010, 03:14 PM
If this happens it will be horrid. I do not want to see Vince or Bret Hart near a main event title shot. I might not get wrestlemania if this is the main event.

They're retards if they do Cena/Batista as the ME with or without Bret and Vince. Taker/Shawn or Edge/Jericho should be main event.

CYYYFYYY
02-22-2010, 06:24 PM
We all now Edge will beat Jerricho.... Michaels putting his career on the line just made the Undertaker match interesting, but the Raw main event looks horrid. I might not get wrastlemania

TripleSkeet
02-22-2010, 10:02 PM
in defense of David Arquette, this is written up in various places:

Arquette is much disliked by professional wrestling fans, after he won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on April 25, 2000 in an effort to promote his wrestling-based movie, Ready to Rumble. The storyline was hugely unpopular; even though Arquette himself was a wrestling fan, he reportedly thought it was a bad idea. He was eventually convinced to do the stunt by head booker Vince Russo. Arquette quietly donated the entirety of his WCW salary to the families of the late Brian Pillman, Owen Hart, and Brian Hildebrand.

Yea, this is from Ric Flairs book....

"David," I told him after he'd won, "do something right with that championship belt. Wear it down to the bar, and buy everyone drinks." Thats what he did. He also, very quietly, donated his entire paycheck to the families of Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, and Bobby Duncam Jr. - wrestlers who'd recent;ly passed away - and Darren "Droz" Drozdov, who'd been paralyzed during a WWF match. So how did I feel about David Arquette as a champion? Well, he had a hell of a lot more character than some other guys who'd worn the championsip belt.

If this rumor about Bret winning the title is true, even though I know this would NEVER happen, I think what would revitalize the sport of wrestling more then ANYTHING and really ignite the Monday Night Wars would be if the night after Wrestlemania Bret Hart shows up on TNA, grabs a mic, and says "Since 13 years ago I was already punished for something I didnt do, I figured Id just do it now." And throw the WWE title belt in the trash in the middle of the ring. Then say "NOW Vince, we're even." and just walk out.

hit11man
02-23-2010, 05:14 AM
that would be the best thing to ever happen to wrestling.

Death Metal Moe
02-23-2010, 05:26 AM
Jesus, how many times will Wrestling go back to it's aging, beat up stars to dig them out of shit again?

This is why all the Attitude Era fans like me went away eventually.

Death Metal Moe
02-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Wow, sorry. Didn't mean to kill your little wrestling speculation thread.

Fallon
02-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Wow, sorry. Didn't mean to kill your little wrestling speculation thread.

You broke our spirits.

Death Metal Moe
02-24-2010, 09:49 AM
You broke our spirits.

Well if that's all it took, you spirits sucked.

hit11man
02-24-2010, 09:50 AM
you made us lose our smiles

Death Metal Moe
02-24-2010, 10:17 AM
you made us lose our smiles

Well then have this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/azEegtB6qNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/azEegtB6qNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cougarjake13
02-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Yea, this is from Ric Flairs book....

If this rumor about Bret winning the title is true, even though I know this would NEVER happen, I think what would revitalize the sport of wrestling more then ANYTHING and really ignite the Monday Night Wars would be if the night after Wrestlemania Bret Hart shows up on TNA, grabs a mic, and says "Since 13 years ago I was already punished for something I didnt do, I figured Id just do it now." And throw the WWE title belt in the trash in the middle of the ring. Then say "NOW Vince, we're even." and just walk out.

that would be the best thing to ever happen to wrestling.

x2

holy fuck i would love for that to happen

although im sure somewhere in the contract bret signed, vince has some penalty clause in it so bret cant do it