You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
David "Red" McDonald Premiere and Special Delivery thoughts. A NIGHT OF ESD! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : David "Red" McDonald Premiere and Special Delivery thoughts. A NIGHT OF ESD!

Caseyelan
03-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Word.

Followed by Red McDonald at midnight... LIVE.

disneyspy
03-13-2010, 02:12 PM
i'm deffinately in and the spynetwork will be up,PM me for details

boobieman
03-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Ill be listen..unless I go out and then it's MYFIsssss

Wish Big Red a good luck bro...ooops sorry

SSEYYAAA

OGC
03-13-2010, 03:17 PM
how was Dave smelling when he left Casey ?

Penelope
03-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I am very excited about Dave's solo show. :clap:

RADIO-SHARK
03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
post...:devil2:

JDE
03-13-2010, 05:02 PM
showtime.

disneyspy
03-13-2010, 05:02 PM
the waters fine,c'mon in

JDE
03-13-2010, 06:33 PM
this is ummmmm disturbing.

yet funny.

disneyspy
03-13-2010, 06:34 PM
this is ummmmm disturbing.

yet funny.

ya im glad the twideo didnt work,i wouldve watched it

disneyspy
03-13-2010, 07:56 PM
DAVEY RED IN 5 MINUTES!! come listen!

Tenbatsuzen
03-13-2010, 08:05 PM
I think we need the Perrynoid phones song... can't get through to the show.

Sloppy2nds
03-13-2010, 08:07 PM
I luv Dave but this is painful :sad:

Since he can't take calls I'll reserve judgement for another show.

SinA
03-13-2010, 08:09 PM
I hope he talks about golf.

no phones...? oof. i'm guessing he goes crazy around minute 40. can someone record this?

Tenbatsuzen
03-13-2010, 08:24 PM
this is just awful without phones, and dave is trying to put on some weird character...

Caseyelan
03-13-2010, 08:24 PM
this is just awful without phones, and dave is trying to put on some weird character...

Awful? hardly.

SinA
03-13-2010, 08:29 PM
David Red McDonald : Sports :: Glenn Beck : Politics

Tenbatsuzen
03-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Awful? hardly.

Casey, is he on for three hours or just an hour?

I'm just saying that sports radio w/o phones is awful. I love Dave to death but this is a total trial by fire w/o phones.

Tenbatsuzen
03-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Awful? hardly.

The problem is, he needs an opposing POV. If he can't get phones up, get someone else in there to be a second mic.

If the only option is Sam, see if he can patch his cell phone into the board somehow and call someone he can discuss sports with.

JDE
03-13-2010, 08:35 PM
I think the world of Dave, and him not having the phones working is not a good start, but, if you are going to talk about something and make a point about it, there has to be some truth to it.

Dave, Randy Winn is not replacing Damon, he never was, he is the 4th outfielder on the team buddy, come on, you should know this.

Granderson is replacing Damon, Johnson is replacing Matsui, now your point about clutch hitting, and replacing it, might hold water, we will all find out, but you can't make a big point about something if it is not true.

Although you doing so, is just like most other sports shows, but I have a way higher opinion of you than them, so I would hope you don't do just another sports show.

Oh and Melky, Gardner is replacing him, same age, he also was the starter to begin last year, this is where if Winn plays it will be, playing for Melky, not Damon, but even that I think it is Gardners job, not Winn's.

Finally Vasquez was an all star in the first half the last time he was here, then he pitched with a bad shoulder in the second half. He is a better pitcher now than he was then, but even if he sucked, all you are asking him to be is a #4 pitcher, and in that, he is the best #4 pitcher in the majors.

Like I said, I can not be a bigger fan of Dave, and the no phones would screw someone who has been doing this for years, let alone there first ever show, but just if you are going to go after a point, try to have it have some truth in it, that's all.

Jason

Caseyelan
03-13-2010, 08:35 PM
We disagree. I am enjoying it. It's only an hour....

Tenbatsuzen
03-13-2010, 08:37 PM

I'm not saying Dave is horrible, it's just the overall presentation is suffering because of the lack of phones. We'll try it again next week, and hopefully Dave can adapt a "me vs. Sirius" gimmick because of the pones failing.

Tenbatsuzen
03-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I think the world of Dave, and him not having the phones working is not a good start, but, if you are going to talk about something and make a point about it, there has to be some truth to it.

Dave, Randy Winn is not replacing Damon, he never was, he is the 4th outfielder on the team buddy, come on, you should know this.

Granderson is replacing Damon, Johnson is replacing Matsui, now your point about clutch hitting, and replacing it, might hold water, we will all find out, but you can't make a big point about something if it is not true.

Although you doing so, is just like most other sports shows, but I have a way higher opinion of you than them, so I would hope you don't do just another sports show.

Oh and Melky, Gardner is replacing him, same age, he also was the starter to begin last year, this is where if Winn plays it will be, playing for Melky, not Damon, but even that I think it is Gardners job, not Winn's.

Finally Vasquez was an all star in the first half the last time he was here, then he pitched with a bad shoulder in the second half. He is a better pitcher now than he was then, but even if he sucked, all you are asking him to be is a #4 pitcher, and in that, he is the best #4 pitcher in the majors.

Like I said, I can not be a bigger fan of Dave, and the no phones would screw someone who has been doing this for years, let alone there first ever show, but just if you are going to go after a point, try to have it have some truth in it, that's all.

Jason

He's allowed to have his opinions on what Javier is going to do... but you are right on everything else. Damon was asking for a ridiculous price to come back to the NYY and Boras screwed the pooch and overestimated the market AGAIN like he did with A-Rod. He wanted 13 million and ended up getting 5, if memory recalls.

Melky had a reputation for being a lazy player.

Matsui is breaking down and is on the tail end of his career.

The ONLY move the Yankees made over the off-season I disagree with is getting rid of Ajax.

And as for Joba pitching as a starter - Joba wants to be a starter because that's where the money is.

Caseyelan
03-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm not saying Dave is horrible, it's just the overall presentation is suffering because of the lack of phones. We'll try it again next week, and hopefully Dave can adapt a "me vs. Sirius" gimmick because of the pones failing.

There is no "next week".

disneyspy
03-13-2010, 08:41 PM
i have to say im enjoying the no phones,those horrible trucker calls during sam and dave made me glad when i heard they werent working

JDE

No one who hears Dave could not like him, the guy is all heart and joy. This is his first ever show, and the phones are fucking him in the ass, no one could do this for the first time lose the phones, and not have it affect them.

His next hour will be better, I have no doubt on that.

Now this Feller riff is true and on the point, although I love Bob Feller, he is one old ornery bastard.

dino_electropolis
i would get a kick of him just calling people and putingt them on speaker phone....

even without the phones, some funny shit.

Imagine having to just talk for an hour straight....and havin to be peppy and entertaining....

Chimee
03-13-2010, 08:42 PM
i have to say im enjoying the no phones,those horrible trucker calls during sam and dave made me glad when i heard they werent working

That's true, I doubt he'd be getting anything other than drunk people and truckers calling in. Hard to get some sports talk going with a fat guy that likes to pretend he's Jim Norton.

happytypinggirl
03-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm liking it....I think he's doing a great job. And the fact that he's hanging in there, by himself, without phones, pretty impressive. Woohoo! Go Red!

Tenbatsuzen
03-13-2010, 08:45 PM
There is no "next week".

He's made a good recovery since the Yankees rant when he was screaming. But he needs another shot and Sirius should give him one because obviously someone fucked up and turned the phones off.

disneyspy
03-13-2010, 08:47 PM
i wonder if dr steve is getting alot of calls from drunk truckers right now

JDE
03-13-2010, 08:47 PM
He's allowed to have his opinions on what Javier is going to do... but you are right on everything else. Damon was asking for a ridiculous price to come back to the NYY and Boras screwed the pooch and overestimated the market AGAIN like he did with A-Rod. He wanted 13 million and ended up getting 5, if memory recalls.

Melky had a reputation for being a lazy player.

Matsui is breaking down and is on the tail end of his career.

The ONLY move the Yankees made over the off-season I disagree with is getting rid of Ajax.

And as for Joba pitching as a starter - Joba wants to be a starter because that's where the money is.

You're right his Vasquez point is fine, just debatable that's all.

Casey, I hope if it is not next week, he gets another hour sooner than later.

Dave is talented enough to do anything, I think he and Sam have a big future together, but if he wanted to do sports, there is no doubt he could do it and do it well, this is just his first time, I hope not his last.

disneyspy
03-13-2010, 08:49 PM
you like talking sports
i like talking sports...

KEITHJAY
03-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Dave I plan a on Berating as many 20 YEAR OLDS AS i CAN SWUZIIIII:clap:

Tenbatsuzen
03-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Dave:

1) The giants current back up is Jim Sorgi, they have no need for another high-end backup right now

2) The reason Quinn got that Myoplex deal? he's basically a golden god with on eof the most popular college football programs in the country.

OneEyeJack
03-13-2010, 08:52 PM
phones not working... I blame the Blacks..

Tenbatsuzen
03-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah, why IS Dyan Cannon famous?

disneyspy
03-13-2010, 08:53 PM
holy shit that was a fast hour!

KEITHJAY
03-13-2010, 08:53 PM
BY SWUZ i MEAN A LONG WINDED RED HEADED BITCH :smile:

KEITHJAY
03-13-2010, 08:54 PM
LUV YAH DAVE!!!:drunk:

indymike
03-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Excellent Job - not near enough time. I looked at the clock and it was 12:50 and I felt like it had just started. If the phones had been working it might have even been better - but honest to goodness it was an excellent hour for Dave seeing as he did it all solo.

Good job Dave.

How bout a Dave 1/2 hour between 10:30 and 11am weekdays? O&A don't seem to care.

SinA
03-13-2010, 08:56 PM
LOTD:

People in LA are too busy surfing and meeting Burt Reynolds to watch football.

JDE
03-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Ajax was okay only because of Granderson's age, and more importantly, Abe Almonte, and his future, he is more talented then Ajax, so yeah it was two fold why they did it.

I think Joba wants to do what he thinks people want him to do, I bet down deep he enjoys the bullpen more, and when Hughes is names the 5th starter, Joba will say he wants to learn from Mo, and be the future closer, that is if Drob does not steal it from him.

Great job Dave, without the phones, your first ever show, you deserve more shots if you want them.

After the Yankee break he did well, only fault was on that one point, other than that, he sounded good.

Be yourself Dave, stuff like the Feller riff, that is not something you hear from most sports guys, that is you, be Dave, crazy sometimes, funny, always entertaining.

Jason

DJNewStyle
03-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Red McDonald was great. I hate sports radio, but I loved this. I'd love to hear more.

angryhack
Despite the phone issue, I thought Dave did a great job tonight. The Randy Winn hate fest had me laughing and he's right, John Calipari has never won a big game.

DoubleEEE
Davey Red is a smash Hit. MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenbatsuzen
I'm in agreement - I think the the Yankees riff was a little much, but everything else was a good start. Think it would have been much, much better if the phones worked, I wanted to call in about West Virginia winning and the Pacqaio fight.

Tangible
03-13-2010, 09:02 PM
As a consumer of alot of sports radio, Dave did alot of things right.

1) He gave his opinions and stated his case for them
2) He didnt fence sit, a real problem in sports talk
3) He spoke on multiple topics, local, national and mainstream
4) His phones were broke, and went 20 minutes a clip - pretty good for having technical problems
5) his commercial breaks arent nearly what the Fan and WEEI's are.....so he had less time to recover.

All in all a great first effort by Dave, I loved the tebow and yankee stuff...especially his Vasquez Rant. Also he was honest w/ his Tom Brady/Peyton manning anlysis - which i agreed with despite being a pats fan.

indymike
03-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Looking at this thread - might it be better renamed as Red McDonald since very little was posted on S&D and I am sure some people are looking for a place o post their thoughts on Dave's side-side gig?

JDE
03-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Looking at this thread - might it be better renamed as Red McDonald since very little was posted on S&D and I am sure some people are looking for a place o post their thoughts on Dave's side-side gig?

I don't understand why S&D do not get the love here, they are as good as anything else on the radio.

Good job Dave.

Hithead
03-14-2010, 12:54 AM
This is the kind of show that happens when the phones go out and you have to rely on raw talent and come up empty. Red, life is passing you by.

disneyspy
03-14-2010, 06:14 AM
I don't understand why S&D do not get the love here, they are as good as anything else on the radio.

Good job Dave.

3 words-drunk trucker calls

i thought dave did outstanding and i dislike the yankee talk intensely so i'm glad he got that out of the way,i think an hour of no calls and "red" yelling at himself is the future of his show,i mean lets face it,next to drunk trucker calls,sports radio callers are the worst

boobieman
03-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Just listened to the show on my MYFIsssss. I thought Red was really entertaining and liked his sports view points. He should take it a little easier with the yelling, he is going to blow his voice out.

Kind of like it with out the callers, just answering emails. Ill keep listening. And one comment for Mr. Red..their is always ALWAYS time for football.

Keep going but don't stop being the nut ball of Ron & Fez..what you good at and what people like.

SEYYAAAASEEEE

StanUpshaw
03-14-2010, 10:22 AM
David "having said that" McDonald

Also, Howard Dean didn't lose the nomination because of his weird little scream. The weird little scream came in the evening AFTER he shit the bed in the Iowa caucus.

K.C.
03-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Here's the thing. Dave did a lot of really good things (even though he seemed to be going for a Maddog type delivery with the lowtalklowtalklowtalkSCREAMlowtalklowtalkSCREAM gimmick).

And the phones not working was bad, so in terms of filling for an hour, he did a really good job with that.

My only issue was he just sounded insane...he screamed for a half hour about how the Yankees were fucking up when they only won the World Series and made two of the biggest offseason acquisitions in baseball...(seriously, Dave...Melky Cabrera is more valuable than Vazquez??)

That said, it was no more nutty an opinion than you hear on 99.9% of sports talk radio, so it's not really an issue.

So all in all, I think Dave showed he can roll with unexpected problems that happen during a show, and he showed that he could carry a show. I'd like to see him do it again to see how he handles callers.

Tenbatsuzen
03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I think what happened was, Dave had some pretty hardcore opinions because he wanted to get people to call. And going with the Yankees was good - because it would eliminate the drunken trucker faction from calling. What we're discussing right now is EXACTLY what would have happened last night if the phones had worked.

So good job by Dave on that.

I think, if he had twitter, email, and a live chat (PT?) running, he could have gotten live questions/feedback during the show.

So the phones going out stunk, but Dave made a good save with what he had. It also didn't help that Dave was doing a sports show in the traditional "dead zone" - the period after the Super Bowl and before March Madness, where there isn't a lot of exciting sports going on.

So with all that in mind, Davey Red did a pretty good job.

Gritty
03-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Great job by Davey Mac! Started off sounding a little shaky but Dave settled into his groove and had a solid hour despite some technical glitches. I'll take 'Red' McDonald over 'stunt boy' every time.

If Sirius XM gives him a regular slot I'll be listening.

RENFIELD
03-15-2010, 04:25 PM
DID ANYONE REALLY EXPECT THE FIRST SHOW
TO BE AN AWARD WINNER ?

It might take a while to get comfortable in a new show and format...
I'm sure most people don't embrace even RON & FEZ
the first time they listen to the show...

paulisded
03-15-2010, 04:56 PM
3 words-drunk trucker calls

i thought dave did outstanding and i dislike the yankee talk intensely so i'm glad he got that out of the way,i think an hour of no calls and "red" yelling at himself is the future of his show,i mean lets face it,next to drunk trucker calls,sports radio callers are the worst

Every show on 202 would improve if the truckers disappeared.

Mr Charlie
03-16-2010, 10:07 AM
But what about Red Mcdonald with a co-host of Black Earl Douglas. Red and Black show.
It would bring back that Earl and Dave rivalry that I miss oh so much on R&F

Mr Charlie
03-16-2010, 04:12 PM
caught the replay of monday's show. Didn't realized they covered this already.
my bad.
still a good idea though.

Melk
03-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I didn't hear the show but I was a little confused about the lack of phone calls being a problem. Was the show good or did the lack of audience interaction hurt the show?

Why couldn't he pull arguing points from 202Friends or RonFez.net during the his show if the phones failed? If the Internet at XM/Sirius is down then use your cell phone.

Why not ask fans to call a voice mail before the show (like Dr. Steve does)?

Melk
03-16-2010, 05:30 PM
But what about Red Mcdonald with a co-host of Black Earl Douglas. Red and Black show.
It would bring back that Earl and Dave rivalry that I miss oh so much on R&F
I'd prefer a show where Earl presented or discussed music with an experienced DJ or music historian. I think Earl has a genuine value as a radio producer or co-host he lacks the discipline and focus needed to headline a show.

I know that behind the scenes Earl was said to be inept as a producer but I always thought Dave's treatment of Earl was just bullying. It seemed even more like bullying, when Dave was allowed to make fun of Earl's dead grandmother on the air but Fez was reprimanded for making fun of members of Dave's family.

I hope Dave succeeds, but he needs to improve his game and his understanding of the business. If a fan's good-natured babbling could ruin an audition, I urge him to take steps to improve his concentration. Find time to participate in open-mic nights at local comedy clubs or join a community theater to develop the ability to memorize scripts.

Dave has a lot of personal stuff eating up his time so I can understand that these side-projects could be stressful on him and his family, but its a good way to develop skills.

Tenbatsuzen
03-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm still annoyed that Dave called me out today. Dave - I said you did a good job, but the screaming was not necessary.

yojimbo7248
03-16-2010, 05:54 PM
I didn't get a chance to listen but want to hear it.

Hottub or whoever is in charge now, would you mind putting it in the library?

Thanks!

disneyspy
03-16-2010, 05:56 PM

Thanks!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvAe2vZhv58&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvAe2vZhv58&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Death Metal Moe
03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm still annoyed that Dave called me out today. Dave - I said you did a good job, but the screaming was not necessary.

I think you got called out just because you're the "Go To Asshole" ya know? Or maybe your direct interaction with Casey in this thread drew attention to yourself.

Either way, you were much kinder than Wackbag was, trust me.

Melk
03-16-2010, 08:07 PM
I think this is what Dave wants...

Complete the RonFez.net Feedback Card.

1) What did you think of the 3-13 Red McDonald radio show? (Check one)

[ ] Good [ ] Very Good [ ] Excellent

2) Would you listen to it again? (Check one)

[ ] Yes [ ] Definitely

3) What improvements could be made to "The Red McDonald Show?" (Check one)

[ ] Don't change a thing. It's perfect!

Caseyelan
03-17-2010, 04:59 AM
Do you get how this works yet or do I have to spell it out again? He fired off a name at random. I promise.

Thanks!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oev1wk

I think you got called out just because you're the "Go To Asshole" ya know? Or maybe your direct interaction with Casey in this thread drew attention to yourself.

Broken fucking record over there. Let me guess.... I am also a whore and have retarded kids. YAWN! :wallbash:

RhinoinMN
03-17-2010, 05:57 AM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/oev1wk

Thank you. I really wanted to hear this.:thumbup:

Mitch&Murray
03-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Thank you. I really wanted to hear this.:thumbup:

The link brings you to a site where you have to download a .exe file. Dont know if that concerns you or not. Probably safe but I dont download anything with .exe extensions too often its malware. Theres got to be a site that will host just the audio file

RhinoinMN
03-17-2010, 06:06 AM
The link brings you to a site where you have to download a .exe file. Dont know if that concerns you or not. Probably safe but I dont download anything with .exe extensions too often its malware. Theres got to be a site that will host just the audio file

Is there an .exe in the zip?

Mitch&Murray
03-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Is there an .exe in the zip?

I believe so
I stopped at that point. Ive spent too much money on IT guys to know to avoid it. Id like to hear it too but I'll wait for another source

Death Metal Moe
03-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Broken fucking record over there. Let me guess.... I am also a whore and have retarded kids. YAWN! :wallbash:

Actually you and your family didn't come up from what I read. The thread fell into a predictable Dave vs. Fez argument after a few short posts. But the people with criticism for Dave's sport show were much less constructive is all I meant.

Caseyelan
03-17-2010, 06:38 AM
I believe so
I stopped at that point. Ive spent too much money on IT guys to know to avoid it. Id like to hear it too but I'll wait for another source

I ran all my scans and spyware and it's fine. I have it currently on my comp

Tenbatsuzen
03-17-2010, 08:58 AM

The Go to Asshole? I'm the Lebron James of Assholes? I can deal with that.

TjM
03-17-2010, 09:18 AM
The Go to Asshole? I'm the Lebron James of Assholes? I can deal with that.

It's good to be recognized for greatness :laugh:

These guys

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/spaceballs2.jpg

Have nothing on you

spainlinx0
03-17-2010, 06:17 PM
I actually enjoyed it. I thought he had a decent flow. I didn't agree with a lot of his arguments, but I really thought he had good energy. As I said in the other thread, I kind of liked the screaming. It wasn't the annoying high pitched version he sometimes gets into. I would listen agian.