You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
No More Chairshots [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : No More Chairshots

ScottFromGA
03-17-2010, 10:18 AM
to the head....

wrestlezone.com reports....

WWE.com is reporting that the following has officially been added to WWE's Wellness Policy:

"WWE has eliminated using folding metal chairs to 'strike' an opponent in the head. The WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension the following: The intentional use of a folding chair to 'strike an opponent in the head. Any blow to the head that is deemed an intentional act."

okay?

MIKEYDAKEN
03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
this will only be enforced for everyone but triple h cena and taker.

cougarjake13
03-17-2010, 02:04 PM
prob bc all the talk of head injuries in the NFL

Fallon
03-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I hate the no blood policy they have now.

Now when someone starts bleeding the ref has to put on gloves and grab a towel and attend to it.

A couple PPV's ago they even stopped the match to stitch up Christian.

Pussys.

Nobody's Hero
03-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Lame, especially combined with the "no blood" policy. Hopefully, Linda McMahon's senate run ends in November and the PG era goes with it. If not, some great performers will decide that they need color to take what they believe could be a good match to a great one, or a great one to classic. You know, like Austin and Hart did at WM 13 to end the early-mid 90's no-blood policy.

Bob Impact
03-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't like the no blood policy but i really don't have an issue with the no chairshot policy. Weird.

Melk
03-17-2010, 05:32 PM
I occasionally watch WWE programming on J Sports over here. I think Rupert Murdoch's Sky Sports service licenses their programs in Japan. Any time there is a chairshot, the screen freezes for a moment before the chairshot and then the video continues after the chairshot. You hear the chairshot, you see the swing up to the point shortly before impact.

To a certain extent, editing the chairshot makes it look better on TV but it is still lame.

I remember, during the WCCW's (Texas Championship Wrestling) late days, there was an incident where the heels attacked the Von Erichs and Percy Pringle busting them open hardway. The editors used a cheesy 80s-era video effect to "censor" the video, but it made the incident look much more sinister to me.

brettmojo
03-17-2010, 07:24 PM
NOW... It's gay.

Chimee
03-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I occasionally watch WWE programming on J Sports over here. I think Rupert Murdoch's Sky Sports service licenses their programs in Japan. Any time there is a chairshot, the screen freezes for a moment before the chairshot and then the video continues after the chairshot. You hear the chairshot, you see the swing up to the point shortly before impact.

To a certain extent, editing the chairshot makes it look better on TV but it is still lame.

I remember, during the WCCW's (Texas Championship Wrestling) late days, there was an incident where the heels attacked the Von Erichs and Percy Pringle busting them open hardway. The editors used a cheesy 80s-era video effect to "censor" the video, but it made the incident look much more sinister to me.

When they show Smackdown on Hulu they'll cut to a shot of the crowd. I still can't figure out how CM Punk getting hit across the back with a belt is worse than seeing him getting kicked in the throat.

TripleSkeet
03-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Vince McMahon should just call me on the phone and tell me himself that he doesnt want me watching his shows anymore.

Its officially a fucking homo show now.

I remember when Vince used to brag about his "grapefruits". Yea right. Fucking pussy.

Melk
03-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Vince McMahon should just call me on the phone and tell me himself that he doesnt want me watching his shows anymore.

I remember when Vince used to brag about his "grapefruits". Yea right. Fucking pussy.
I refuse to believe that the current WWE is any better than the "Crash TV-era" of the WWE. The WWE discovered that crap gets the highest ratings, so they will give you buckets of it.

SHANEFROMGA
03-18-2010, 03:18 AM
does it really matter, for the most part there hardly is any "wrestling" on a 2 hour "wrestling" show. it's all back stage promo/monologues that are more like a
soap opra than wrestling. it seems to go in cycles, we are now back to the crappy late 80s early 90s version of wwe, so the good late 90s version should be rolling in in a few years. i hope.

SHANEFROMGA
03-18-2010, 03:19 AM
does it really matter, for the most part there hardly is any "wrestling" on a 2 hour "wrestling" show. it's all back stage promo/monologues that are more like a
soap opra than wrestling. it seems to go in cycles, we are now back to the crappy late 80s early 90s version of wwe, so the good late 90s version should be rolling in in a few years. i hope.

and yeah i know people say wwe is just a soap opra for men.

TjM
03-18-2010, 03:26 AM
When they show Smackdown on Hulu they'll cut to a shot of the crowd. I still can't figure out how CM Punk getting hit across the back with a belt is worse than seeing him getting kicked in the throat.

Hulu uses the Canadian feed

Melk
03-18-2010, 03:50 AM
I was always less than impressed with the WWF product, but my hating the WWF began with backstage bits. The unacknowledged cameras backstage that began around Wrestlemania 12 spoiled my enjoyment of the WWE. I have known that wrestling is staged since I started watching at six years old. I just appreciate the promotions that maintain the pseudo-sport elements of pro wrestling. I prefer that a camera backstage either be accompanied by an interviewer or presented as some kind of hidden camera thing.

I was also frustrated how the "superstars" weren't fully aware of the product the fans were watching on TV. One week, a wrestler is ambushed backstage by another wrestler which we see. The next week, that wrestler says, "I saw what you did to me last week, when I had my back turned."

Some weeks later a different feud begins with a similar backstage ambush on a different wrestler, but the victim of the attack has no clue what happened to him. He could rewatch RAW and find out the truth, he could go to an Internet website and read a rundown of RAW and find out the truth... his superstar character is unable to cope with his existence in the world of professional wrestling.

The WWE and TNA treat their fans like they are the stupidest people on the planet. I consider the bookers to be the heels in the sport.

Tenbatsuzen
03-18-2010, 09:43 AM

It all makes sense now -

Deadspin says that the no chairshots rule - and obstensibly, why the WWE has gone "PG" with the Divas - is because of Linda's senate run.

I have no doubt if Linda loses, you'll start seeing Attitude version 2.

CYYYFYYY
03-18-2010, 10:22 AM
The no blood is dumb. The no chair shots I won;t make fun of becuase it does do damage to these guys

conman823
03-18-2010, 11:22 AM
What was wrong with this??

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4IvLyxfWkmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4IvLyxfWkmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

cougarjake13
03-20-2010, 06:00 AM
It all makes sense now -

Deadspin says that the no chairshots rule - and obstensibly, why the WWE has gone "PG" with the Divas - is because of Linda's senate run.

esp if it coincides with tna making a good run at them

Melk
03-20-2010, 07:09 AM
I'd like to see WWE "Wrestling" version 1.0.

brettmojo
03-20-2010, 07:23 AM
esp if it coincides with tna making a good run at them
Never gonna' happen.

TripleSkeet
03-20-2010, 08:24 AM
It all makes sense now -

Yea I couldve told you that. They are attacking Linda McMahon for their yacht because its named "Sexy Bitch" so of course anything that goes on in the WWE they are going to try and use against her.

It just annoys be that the Attitude Era is kind of looked down on in the company now, like they barely even show anything from those years on WWE Classics, when that era is the reason the WWE is still in fucking business. It saved wrestling and was the most popular years wrestling has ever seen. Even more so then Hogans first run. And they treat it like the retarded sibling they dont want people to know about.

I give TNA credit for trying to bring it back but I just think they are trying too hard. Way too hard. In this Mondays show they had Flair, who was cut so deep last week that all he had to do was smack his forehead, bleeding into his actual eyeball, then they had Eric Bischoff get his head shaved, Flair chokeslammed through the entrance ramp, Sting thrown out of the building, and Kevin Nash handcuffed and beat down. It seems like they are just trying to take everything that once worked in the Attitude Era and put as much of it as they can into each show hoping it will blow up. :help:

TjM
03-20-2010, 09:19 AM
It seems like Bischoff is just trying to take everything that once worked for WCW 1997 and put as much of it as they can into WCW in 1998 hoping it will blow up. :help:

:smoke:

Melk
03-20-2010, 07:36 PM
It just annoys be that the Attitude Era is kind of looked down on in the company now, like they barely even show anything from those years on WWE Classics, when that era is the reason the WWE is still in fucking business.
The Attitude era conventions basically remain in tact. They are working to soften their public image.

The lack of chair shots doesn't mean a lot to me.

I rewatched a lot of the legendary matches from the Attitude Era. The stunts work during the first viewing, but the second viewings are not so good.

TripleSkeet
03-20-2010, 08:02 PM
The Attitude era conventions basically remain in tact. They are working to soften their public image.

The lack of chair shots doesn't mean a lot to me.

I rewatched a lot of the legendary matches from the Attitude Era. The stunts work during the first viewing, but the second viewings are not so good.

I watch every showing of the old Raws in the Monday Night wars section of WWE classics. They update every month. Right now the last one was 1 week before Wrestlemania 14. The last 25 or so episodes blows the doors off anything the WWE has done in the last 5 years, and they havent even really started with the Attitude Era yet. The next one is where that started.

Its not about the stunts, its about the limitations. Should every match have chair shots to the head? Of course not. But put in certain spots it works. That clip with The Rock and Foley was a perfect example. Foley even says in his book it was supposed to be 5 headshots, and The Rock went overboard. But looking back those extra chair shots helped that match steal the show. And that was the truth.

Im just not a fan of banning anything. There are spots it can be used, just dont abuse it. The blood for example. This week on TNA Ric Flair was a perfect example of going overboard. But could you imagine that Wrestlemania match between Austin and Bret Hart if there had been a ban on blood? It wouldve been a decent match but not the match that MADE Stone Cold. That image of the blood running down his face while in the sharpshooter is legendary.

I just really pray that Linda gets buried in this election, and Vince gets fed up with trying to please all the PC faggots and goes back to the "this is wrestling, and we dont cowtow to anybody" attitude that made me such a fan of his to begin with.

For Christs sake one of the slogans of the WWF was "No Guns....No Knives....Just Chairs."

keithy_19
03-20-2010, 09:17 PM
to the head....

wrestlezone.com reports....

WWE.com is reporting that the following has officially been added to WWE's Wellness Policy:

"WWE has eliminated using folding metal chairs to 'strike' an opponent in the head. The WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension the following: The intentional use of a folding chair to 'strike an opponent in the head. Any blow to the head that is deemed an intentional act."

okay?

Wait...wrestling is real?

StanUpshaw
03-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Retraining the audience is probably a smart strategy. By curtailing the blood and sex for a period of time, then they actually become meaningful events when they creep in again.

Bob Impact
03-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Retraining the audience is probably a smart strategy. By curtailing the blood and sex for a period of time, then they actually become meaningful events when they creep in again.

Indeed, as much as everyone loved the attitude era chairshots meant absolutely nothing back then, i miss the days when getting hit in the back with a chair would put you down for a while, because, well, IT WOULD.