You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Help Sam and Dave get paid [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Help Sam and Dave get paid

JDE
04-11-2010, 02:06 PM
If you heard the show last night, you know they drew a line in the sand, and will stop doing their show unless they start to get paid.

Dave talked about how he is losing money coming in on Sat night and how it would cost him over 2g a year to keep on doing it.

They have a new twitter here.

http://twitter.com/PAYSD

and you can also send sirius a note from here on paying them and telling them how much you enjoy the show..

http://www.sirius.com/customercare

If everyone on ronfeznet who likes Dave, even those who have not listened to Special Delivery, by the way what are you waiting for? But if we all send in a note, maybe it will help get them paid.

I think this is the least we could do for them, lets hope we can actually make a difference.

Jason

KingGeno
04-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I need a job. They already have jobs.

Can I get in on this pay thing?

Mitch&Murray
04-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Last nights listening thread had 1 reply.

Dan 'Hampton
04-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Listening threads are for the gay.

Meataball23
04-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Done and done

Anything else on xm that writing letters will fix?

spoon
04-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Done and done

Anything else on xm that writing letters will fix?

Can u write them to fix my reception and the burn in on my mobile unit?

Also, never forget to ask for more jason ellis so my ears can bleed more often.

epo
04-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Why is it that radio people feel the need to take their private business negotiations/problems and make them our problem?

Would I like to see Sam & Dave get paid? Sure...but its not my job to make it happen.

Snoogans
04-11-2010, 03:09 PM
http://www.insidelottery.com/mega_millions.JPG

JDE
04-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Why is it that radio people feel the need to take their private business negotiations/problems and make them our problem?

Would I like to see Sam & Dave get paid? Sure...but its not my job to make it happen.

Who said it was a job or a problem? If you don't want to listen to them you don't have to, if you don't want to send a note to sirius you don't have to.

Death Metal Moe
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I personally feel Sam and Dave deserve to get a reasonable amount of money for doing live content on the weekend. When Sirius came in and fucked up the entire weekend schedule we were all very pissed. The same fucking "Worst Of" all weekend? That means if you happen to be home that weekend with XM on you hear the same round-up like 4 or 5 times. It just sucks.

Sirius also seemed like the wanted to keep their shows full of "In house" talent, so this helps them do that.

My only fear is that since Sirius blows and is more than content giving us dogshit for programming, it's an uphill battle for Sam and Dave. Sirius has shown that they just don't care about their XM acquisitions and they don't care about the XM fans that much. I'm not sure how they're going to convince Sirius to pay for content they didn't ask for.

But again, I wish them luck. I joined their Twitter deal and will write a short, non-cursing E-mail to let Sirius know I enjoy the weekend content.

Lady Resin
04-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I personally feel Sam and Dave deserve to get a reasonable amount of money for doing live content on the weekend. When Sirius came in and fucked up the entire weekend schedule we were all very pissed. The same fucking "Worst Of" all weekend? That means if you happen to be home that weekend with XM on you hear the same round-up like 4 or 5 times. It just sucks.

Sirius also seemed like the wanted to keep their shows full of "In house" talent, so this helps them do that.

My only fear is that since Sirius blows and is more than content giving us dogshit for programming, it's an uphill battle for Sam and Dave. Sirius has shown that they just don't care about their XM acquisitions and they don't care about the XM fans that much. I'm not sure how they're going to convince Sirius to pay for content they didn't ask for.

But again, I wish them luck. I joined their Twitter deal and will write a short, non-cursing E-mail to let Sirius know I enjoy the weekend content.

So TOTALLY true! I loved when Opie mentioned after the merger "It's wasn't a merger, it was a hostile takeover." I loved the replays on the weekends when they spilt O&A and RnF equally. I still e-mail them and tell them to go back to the original programming. They have to get rid of that piece of shit Jason Ellis. He has his own channel. Fucking Mel doesn't get it. I'm sick and tired of complaining to them. I think they gave up on responding to me.

STC-Dub
04-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I hope they can get paid but Sirius is not very receptive to anything from listeners as far as I can tell.

Death Metal Moe
04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
So TOTALLY true! I loved when Opie mentioned after the merger "It's wasn't a merger, it was a hostile takeover." I loved the replays on the weekends when they spilt O&A and RnF equally. I still e-mail them and tell them to go back to the original programming. They have to get rid of that piece of shit Jason Ellis. He has his own channel. Fucking Mel doesn't get it. I'm sick and tired of complaining to them. I think they gave up on responding to me.

Jason Ellis is unlistenable drek. I was SO disappointed on Saturday. I had just sat down to eat a sandwich, turned XM on and they did a spot for Jason Ellis on a 7. Well shit on a shingle, it's fucking 6:58. Turned that radio right off before I could even hear his voice.

I too have given up writing XM on most things, no one answers, no one cares.

SatCam
04-11-2010, 04:49 PM
big things, boys, big things

Penelope
04-11-2010, 04:55 PM
I am following on twitter. I sent Sirius a message that they will never read about how great Special Delivery is . . . What to do next?
Hunger strikes?
Chaining ourselves to redwood trees?
Contact the Phelps family to make "God hates Special Delivery signs"?
I've said it again and again. Dave needs his own website with a subsciption fee.

Space Edge
04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't listen to Sam and Dave but I'll write in on that form anyway because Live programing is 100 times better then the same shitty Worst Of The Week Countdown played over and over again. Unfortunately I don't think Sirius gives a shit.

brettmojo
04-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately I don't think Sirius gives a shit.
They've made that clear since they took over. But, I'm in.

Chigworthy
04-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Last nights listening thread had 1 reply.

We get it, you don't like the show. Now piss off.

Dude!
04-11-2010, 06:16 PM

so why, then, are
NJ Teachers your business?

hanso
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Do it like they did at woodstock maaahhnn. Get paid, then you play.

MetalChild
04-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Hopefully Sam and Dave won't end up like CT and Jivin. Last I heard, both of them committed suicide.

Is radio in that bad of a condition that 2 guys like S&D can't get a paycheck?

Death Metal Moe
04-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Hopefully Sam and Dave won't end up like CT and Jivin. Last I heard, both of them committed suicide.

Is radio in that bad of a condition that 2 guys like S&D can't get a paycheck?

Yes. Yes it is.

Oh and...

Raise your fist...

SonicReducer
04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
....fuck it, what a waste of a lunch hour

Death Metal Moe
04-11-2010, 07:37 PM
....fuck it, what a waste of a lunch hour

What in the bloody hell are you talking about?

lleeder
04-11-2010, 08:14 PM

I think thats the cornerstone of all great radio, hearing the talent talk about how poorly they are treated by management.

lleeder
04-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Jason Ellis is unlistenable drek. I was SO disappointed on Saturday. I had just sat down to eat a sandwich, turned XM on and they did a spot for Jason Ellis on a 7. Well shit on a shingle, it's fucking 6:58. Turned that radio right off before I could even hear his voice.

I too have given up writing XM on most things, no one answers, no one cares.

I dont see why the eating of a sandwich is important to the rest of this story. What kind of sandwich was it anyway and did you have a beverage with it?

Space Edge
04-11-2010, 08:28 PM
We get it, you don't like the show. Now piss off.

Isn't he one of the people that "quit the site" but made another name to post here instead ?

Chigworthy
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Isn't he one of the people that "quit the site" but made another name to post here instead ?

Not sure, but he is the people who bashes sam and dave over and over today.

hanso
04-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Yes. Yes it is.

Oh and...

Raise your fist...

If we Raise our fist to the MetalChild. Will it then go to Sirius?

STC-Dub
04-12-2010, 03:58 PM
The Sirius customer care e-mail is a waste, they just tell you to e-mail XM customer care, I guess it is too much work for them to forward the e-mail.