You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
The Davey Mac Sports Program LIVES ONLINE! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : The Davey Mac Sports Program LIVES ONLINE!

Fugitive
03-10-2014, 04:54 AM
So if you still want the Davey Mac Sports Program, and this is not a scummy plug here, but I strongly recommend you listen to future episodes of the NUMBER ONE INDEPENDENT sports show in the world, the Davey Mac Sports Program, EXCLUSIVELY on RiotCast.com and/or right HERE on ESD Country!!

Adios, fart-burgers!!!!!!!!!

TimTimSalabim
03-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Dave should set up a Patreon account.

realmenhatelife
03-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Dave should set up a Patreon account.

He's got a Patron account, and a bushmills and a smirnoff.

spoon
03-11-2014, 09:54 PM
He's got a Patron account, and a bushmills and a smirnoff.

boooooo

jennysmurf
03-11-2014, 09:58 PM
boooooo

Thaaaank you!

realmenhatelife
03-12-2014, 03:13 AM
I stand by it.

Fugitive
03-12-2014, 06:07 AM
Interesting to juxtapose two lines from ESD's article:

"So I was mistakenly seen by Sirius management as some XM lunatic from 2006 rather than the legitimate, national, talk show host that I have evolved into and have been recognized as such via awards and hit reviews from the likes of the AV Club, iTunes, Stitcher, Deadspin, and on and on."...

AND..."I make $150 a week from SiriusXM, $600 a month. While certainly not enough to live on, with a family, the 600 bucks was really important to me."

How many legitimate, national talk show hosts find 600 dollars a month really important to them?

Who was the comic who urged Dave to stay on with Ron and launch an NYC "friends of Dave" comedy night to increase his income? I'm starting to think that guy was right. The success arc usually goes from Jersey to NYC, not vice versa.

On the plus side, ESD will be appearing on TLC's "Worst Tatttoos" series on March 27th at 10:30 EST.

-Fugitive

realmenhatelife
03-12-2014, 06:31 AM

"So I was mistakenly seen by Sirius management as some XM lunatic from 2006 rather than the legitimate, national, talk show host that I have evolved into and have been recognized as such via awards and hit reviews from the likes of the AV Club, iTunes, Stitcher, Deadspin, and on and on."...

AND..."I make $150 a week from SiriusXM, $600 a month. While certainly not enough to live on, with a family, the 600 bucks was really important to me."

How many legitimate, national talk show hosts find 600 dollars a month really important to them?

Who was the comic who urged Dave to stay on with Ron and launch an NYC "friends of Dave" comedy night to increase his income? I'm starting to think that guy was right. The success arc usually goes from Jersey to NYC, not vice versa.

On the plus side, ESD will be appearing on TLC's "Worst Tatttoos" series on March 27th at 10:30 EST.

-Fugitive

Any idea when Dave received accolades from deadspin? All manner of searching and literally the only thing I can find is his picture with Chris Berman. The AV Club thing also wasn't positive, he was an outlier in the weekly podmass feature.

Maybe going off of XM will open him up to getting some sponsors?

Dell
03-12-2014, 06:53 AM

-Fugitive

given that Dave's gimmick is to get bad tattoos (compare his NY to Pitsy's NY done by the same guy on the same day), I don't think he should be on that show...

realmenhatelife
03-12-2014, 08:09 AM
given that Dave's gimmick is to get bad tattoos (compare his NY to Pitsy's NY done by the same guy on the same day), I don't think he should be on that show...

All those shows are just made up stories though. You see a fair amount of ironic tattoos and then they have to make up a story about why they have a tramp stamp.

Or even better 'I didn't know that was a swastika."

jennysmurf
03-12-2014, 08:10 AM
I stand by it.

You shouldn't. It was terrible.

sailor
03-12-2014, 08:24 AM
You shouldn't. It was terrible.

You're terrible.

jennysmurf
03-12-2014, 08:25 AM
You're terrible.

Your face is terrible.

ozzie
03-12-2014, 09:29 AM

Where is this article?

Fugitive
03-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Your face is terrible.

Just for the record, mine is too.

-Fugitive

Fugitive
03-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Where is this article?

The article is on EastSideDaveCountry.com

jennysmurf
03-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Just for the record, mine is too.

-Fugitive

So is mine, but I make up for it by having a great personality.

sailor
03-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Your face is terrible.

Guilty as charged.

sailor
03-12-2014, 10:33 AM
So is mine, but I make up for it by having a great personality.

Really glad I didn't throw in that personality part in my response as well. Would have been awkwards.

jennysmurf
03-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Really glad I didn't throw in that personality part in my response as well. Would have been awkwards.

Yeah, but your personality isn't all that great, either.

LeedsJr
03-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Where is this article?

So, by "article", we really mean "blog post".

LeedsJr
03-12-2014, 10:38 AM
All shows are just made up stories though. You see a fair amount of ironic tattoos and then they have to make up a story about why they have a tramp stamp.

Or even better 'I didn't know that was a swastika."

Fixed that for ya. :wink:

LeedsJr
03-12-2014, 10:40 AM

-Fugitive

The same number that sign off their farewell communication to their recent employers with, "Adios, fartbugers!" :laugh:

sailor
03-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Yeah, but your personality isn't all that great, either.

It's mother-fuckin' stellar!

jennysmurf
03-12-2014, 10:55 AM
It's mother-fuckin' stellar!

:happy:

Fugitive
03-12-2014, 11:23 AM
So, by "article", we really mean "blog post".

Some folks call it a blog post, I call it an article.

LeedsJr
03-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Some folks call it a blog post, I call it an article.

Kay. To-may-to, to-mah-to.
I was just snarkily implying it wasn't exactly picked up on the AP wire. :wink:

spoon
03-12-2014, 12:30 PM

Article...funny.

LeedsJr
03-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Article...funny.

That would be the more direct way of saying it.

spoon
03-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Kay. To-may-to, to-mah-to.
I was just snarkily implying it wasn't exactly picked up on the AP wire. :wink:

U beat me to it bc i was implying the same thing.

spoon
03-12-2014, 06:08 PM
That would be the more direct way of saying it.

U know me!

keithy_19
03-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Just throwing it out there: I have an adorable face.

spoon
03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
For kicking?

spoon
03-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Did u guys read that "article" on keithy's face?

; )

keithy_19
03-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Only if you're wearing you're cute kicking boots.

spoon
03-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Just my skates.

zildjian361
03-13-2014, 02:52 PM
never liked him never will :dry:

spoon
03-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Ouch!

deliciousV
03-13-2014, 03:57 PM
never liked him never will :dry:

I always liked Dave when he was being reigned in a bit, he can be very funny. But left to his own devices, he was prone to devolve into long rants filled with shitsies and cumsies. I tried listening to his Sat night shows when I was driving a truck, it was just too out of control and juvenile for my tastes.
I think the dude has some talent, but he is ignoring good advice and fighting for immediate top billing that he has neither the experience for, nor the right too in such a competitive, and rapidly changing field.

jennysmurf
03-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Just my skates.

Roller skates? Cause that's just too cute.

spoon
03-14-2014, 06:10 AM
ice…freshly sharpened

disgruntledsherpa
03-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Dave's schtick and his desperate flailing attempts at drawing attention to himself have worn so thin.

Someone posted above and hit the nail on the head. As a third/second mic that was controlled by Ron he was very good and very entertaining. On his own he is a shambles and a mess. He seems to have zero professionalism and has handled his firing from Sirius exactly the way someone with little professionalism would: laying guilt trips on other on air talent and posting a ranting blog that rips his former employer, bitches about money (something Dave has done since 2007) and exaggerates his accomplishments. The AV Club hardly lauded him and the Deadspin article has no mention of his "national sports show."

Good bye, Big Red. Good riddance.

Melk
03-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Dave's schtick and his desperate flailing attempts at drawing attention to himself have worn so thin.

Someone posted above and hit the nail on the head. As a third/second mic that was controlled by Ron he was very good and very entertaining. On his own he is a shambles and a mess. He seems to have zero professionalism and has handled his firing from Sirius exactly the way someone with little professionalism would: laying guilt trips on other on air talent and posting a ranting blog that rips his former employer, bitches about money (something Dave has done since 2007) and exaggerates his accomplishments. The AV Club hardly lauded him and the Deadspin article has no mention of his "national sports show."

Good bye, Big Red. Good riddance.
If it weren't for the keyboardist on his show, I don't think there anything to enjoy about the show.

Fugitive
03-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Someone posted above and hit the nail on the head. As a third/second mic that was controlled by Ron he was very good and very entertaining.

Second mike, or second banana as they used to be called, hardly exists in show biz anymore. There used to be comedy duos - Martin and Lewis, Stiller and Meara, Burns and Schreiber, Allen and Rossi, Rowan and Martin, Cheech and Chong, the Smothers Brothers, Laurel and Hardy. Now it's all stand-up - you have to do it on your own.

Radio is the last bastion of the second banana, and it's not much of one. When "shock jocK' radio reigned (before the crackdown and the Stern move to satellite and the justified paranoia that unfolded around that time) - there were still a lot of radio duos. Now there's just Ron and Fez, Opie and Anthony - and what else? I don't think you can even count something like Mike and Mike. Most of the duos are on podcasts. Dave is trying to swim against the current. I see a lot of self-pity and an alcohol drowing in his future if he doesn't change something soon.

I DO agree - he's great when reigned in, but what Ron did was more than just reigning in - it was also throwing out the cues that Dave could run with and cherry-picking a flurry of ideas that Dave came up with, most of them not fertile enough to go with.

Dave has to answer Axyl's question now:

Where do we go?
Where do we go now?
Oh, where do we go now?

Where do we go?
(Sweet child)
Where do we go now?
Ooh, where do we go now?