You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Love and Lust [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Love and Lust

LtBoogaloo
05-03-2001, 04:07 AM
Hmm, that soulmates question got me to thinking.

Is love (neither platonic nor familial) an extrapolation of lust?
If lust is considered the desire to please another person (albeit usually a physical desire), and love is considered (in part) to be desires for pleasing people on higher levels (spiritual or emotional), then can't love be created in lust? Or does loving a person also create a lust for them?

sarah says I'm a badass

HordeKing1
05-03-2001, 04:58 AM
LtBoogaloo - Your question points to a fundamental difference between the genders.

Women tend to love a person prior to experiencing sexual desire for them. The feelings of love can lead to sexual feelings.

Men tend to lust first (before any thought of love). The sexual desires can turn into love.

Of course these are tendencies not absolutes and individual behavior may vary. But these tendencies have been confirmed by many studies.

http://members.aol.com/slipknot4twenty/hking

LtBoogaloo
05-03-2001, 05:17 AM
I think then, that the problem lies in the intent with which the relationship was concieved -- something borne in lust lacks the foundations of stability that other levels of involvement include. A purely sexual relationship, while aerobic and mind-boggling, lacks the inherent strength that a relationship based on trust, compassion and understanding.
Therefore this is something that we must praise women for, that they by default create stronger relationships, while men seek to procreate and/or claim victory over their foes in bed.

Ok, now I'm getting too deep.

sarah says I'm a badass

HordeKing1
05-03-2001, 01:45 PM
LtBoogaloo - Many of the stereotypical female behavior that men avoid like the plague because they appear "gay" is, to my mind, a much better way to approach the world.

http://members.aol.com/slipknot4twenty/hking