• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sailor View Post
    You sure say Steve a lot.
    "First, do you want to say "its" a few more times?"

Comment

the sounder blows. dig the website though.

Comment

Since message boards are still the best place for ill-informed speculation (other than Foxnews.com, of course ) here's mine:

This is Ron's 1st visible step towards the post-Fez era. it appears to be structured to highlight Ron's strengths and interests and will probably be the platform Ron pushes to transition himself into the next gig. Let's face it, the Ron & Fez Show in its current form is basically unpromotable. The audience components are us legacy listeners who love Ron and feel badly for Fez (& are waiting for the conclusion to his career death rattles) , folks who tune in for the soap opera aspect and those who wait their turn to take a shot at the "retard".

Ron has said several times in the past that he wanted the XM gig to be "a cool little radio show" where he could talk things that interested him. Of late his interest seems a lot more atuned to the podcast format (and how one could make a living at it.)

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
        Last edited by Recyclerz; 10-09-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Recyclerz View Post
          Since message boards are still the best place for ill-informed speculation (other than Foxnews.com, of course ) here's mine:

This is Ron's 1st visible step towards the post-Fez era. it appears to be structured to highlight Ron's strengths and interests and will probably be the platform Ron pushes to transition himself into the next gig. Let's face it, the Ron & Fez Show in its current form is basically unpromotable. The audience components are us legacy listeners who love Ron and feel badly for Fez (& are waiting for the conclusion to his career death rattles) , folks who tune in for the soap opera aspect and those who wait their turn to take a shot at the "retard".

Ron has said several times in the past that he wanted the XM gig to be "a cool little radio show" where he could talk things that interested him. Of late his interest seems a lot more atuned to the podcast format (and how one could make a living at it.)

This is the purest essence of EXACTLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Recyclerz View Post

I was immediately struck by how detached "Ron Bennington" was from the new site. His name appears almost nowhere. The current show is not mentioned. And the fact that Ron is a radio host isn't even featured.
            I find that very strange.

Ron has a radio show.... and promotes the site on the show... but doesn't promote the show on the site.

In any case.... Fez sure as shit isn't mentioned anywhere.

Comment

I still dont get it or know what the point of it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleSkeet View Post
                I still dont get it or know what the point of it is.
                It's basically... Ron trying to become an "entity", like, say.... The Onion or whatever. The conversations he has on the show now appear as "articles" on The Interrobang website. For example... the top 5 "best rockumentaries" discussion they had on the air with Mikeyboy now appears as a list on the site "as decided by The Interrobang 'staff'". Etc etc.

As I stated earlier... it sounds like a bizarre way to market the show (if at all). The Ron And Fez Show is not mentioned there.

That being said... the site is really nice looking and fun & easy to use. It's well made.

The sounder still drives me fucking insane.

Comment

Originally posted by fezident View Post
                  The sounder still drives me fucking insane.
                  I like to listen to the show when I go to bed and i had to turn it off last night because of the sounder. It's way too fucking loud!

Comment

I like the site, but the choice of name is unfortunate. Why do they want to latch onto certain things that become very quickly dated? I had been hearing about this new punctuation symbol weeks ago. Why would you base a site off of it? They read a few news articles about this and they decide they are going to base their whole marketing on it? It just seems like a very poor choice to make.

Comment

You forgot the make those questions into interrobangs.

Comment

Originally posted by fezident View Post
                        I was immediately struck by how detached "Ron Bennington" was from the new site. His name appears almost nowhere. The current show is not mentioned. And the fact that Ron is a radio host isn't even featured.
                        I find that very strange.

Ron has a radio show.... and promotes the site on the show... but doesn't promote the show on the site.

In any case.... Fez sure as shit isn't mentioned anywhere.
                        I felt the same way about "202 Friends." There's a weird distance between the show and its (un?)official internet presence.

Comment

i dunno, someone needs to tell fez that ALL of his pre-written shit is ridiculous

i don't even know if i'm supposed to laugh, or think he's clever? it's just pure douche and that's it.....

fez is so........... ugh

Comment

I'm interested in who pays to keep the site updated and how long it can last. It seems like it would be a full time job to keep it updated and I'd be shocked if Sirius pays for it. I like the site, but I give it 6 months before it's as dead as this place. It wouldn't be the Ron and Fez show if they kept a bit going longer than a few months...

Comment

Originally posted by spainlinx0 View Post
                              I like the site, but the choice of name is unfortunate. Why do they want to latch onto certain things that become very quickly dated? I had been hearing about this new punctuation symbol weeks ago. Why would you base a site off of it? They read a few news articles about this and they decide they are going to base their whole marketing on it? It just seems like a very poor choice to make.
                              Well at least they aren't as deep as these dicks:

Last edited by FatassTitePants; 11-02-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X