X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numb Labia

One side of my labia gets numb sometimes...what causes this? It is so weird feeling.

Originally posted by biggirl View Post
    One side of my labia gets numb sometimes...what causes this? It is so weird feeling.

You may have a mild case of "Pudendal Nerve Entrapment", where the nerve to the labium gets pinched causing numbness or pain. Some people will feel like there's a foreign body in the vagina or urethra. People who have had trauma to the area (childbirth, etc) or who are chronic bicycle riders are at increased risk.

Another thing that could cause this would be a sacral nerve entrapment, where the nerve is simply pinched somewhere closer to the spine. I'd expect this to be constant, though, and accompanied by back pain which you didn't report.

Here's an article on bicycle seat neuropathy (even if you don't ride a bike, this may resonate with you, let me know): http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/91896-overview

Physical therapy is generally the way to go with pudendal nerve entrapment. Talk to your OB GYN about it.

your pal,

steve

Comment

Great band name

Numb Labia.

Comment

Originally posted by biggirl View Post
        I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like cancer ... or what Dr Steve said.

Comment

Or Rhino has the Stay-Hard condom on inside out.

Comment

BTW, Dr. Steve, I couldn't help noticing that you have an enlarged sig pic. While there are many reasons for this condition, you need to seek treatment immediately to get it back down to normal size.

Comment

Originally posted by EliSnow View Post
              BTW, Dr. Steve, I couldn't help noticing that you have an enlarged sig pic. While there are many reasons for this condition, you need to seek treatment immediately to get it back down to normal size.
              For God's sake, this man is busy saving lives. He has no time to resize sig pics!

Comment

I blame the yogurt.
                Last edited by strawberrypop; 08-19-2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jujubees2 View Post
                  For God's sake, this man is busy saving lives. He has no time to resize sig pics!
                  Well, maybe if Gvac would stop bothering him with every ailment, he'd have time!!!!

Comment

Well, maybe if Gvac would stop bothering him with every ailment, he'd have time!!!!

Most of us actually GO to a doctor when we're sick Gvac subscribes to the why buy the cow when the milk is free school of medicine

Comment

Originally posted by drjoek View Post
                      Most of us actually GO to a doctor when we're sick Gvac subscribes to the why buy the cow when the milk is free school of medicine
                      Oh, didn't you hear?

Gvac's completely off dairy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin View Post
                        Oh, didn't you hear?

Gvac's completely off dairy now.
                        On Dr Steves advice I assume!

Comment

I can fix it...I looked everywhere (except the right place, obviously) to find the required size, so I just guessed and tossed it up there. What's the rule on sig pics again?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Steve View Post
                            I can fix it...I looked everywhere (except the right place, obviously) to find the required size, so I just guessed and tossed it up there. What's the rule on sig pics again?

I re-sized it for you:

The correct size is 300 x 100 pixels.

Comment

I re-sized it for you:

The correct size is 300 x 100 pixels.
                              you rule, I replaced it, thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X