Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuck Me!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fuck Me!

    I was riding my bike to work this morning in the rain listening to a replay of the show on my inno. When I got to work I noticed the radio was wet, but didnt think much of it. I left it in my locker to dry. When I went to go home, it was dead. I assumed dead battery, but once I got home i swapped out the battery and same thing. After letting it sit for a bit it will now power up in the boom box but the screen goes all white and wont make any noise.

    Am I fucked? This is my second inno, and my wife is gonna shit if I tell her I wrecked another one.

    FUCK. I would just go buy an ipod, but then I cant get my R&F fix. Life blows.


  • #2
    Originally posted by ryno1974 View Post
    I was riding my bike to work this morning in the rain listening to a replay of the show on my inno. When I got to work I noticed the radio was wet, but didnt think much of it. I left it in my locker to dry. When I went to go home, it was dead. I assumed dead battery, but once I got home i swapped out the battery and same thing. After letting it sit for a bit it will now power up in the boom box but the screen goes all white and wont make any noise.

    Am I fucked? This is my second inno, and my wife is gonna shit if I tell her I wrecked another one.

    FUCK. I would just go buy an ipod, but then I cant get my R&F fix. Life blows.

    put it in a tomato juice bath

    Comment


    • #3
      Open it up, remove the battery. Put it somewhere warm and dry for a day or 2. There is still hope.

      Comment


      • #4
        likely fried since you tried to power it back up before the internals fully dried.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TooLowBrow View Post
          put it in a tomato juice bath
          Why toy with my emotions like this? Why the hate?

          I wanna cry.........

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hottub View Post
            Open it up, remove the battery. Put it somewhere warm and dry for a day or 2. There is still hope.
            He lives in Canada. There's no hope.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by boosterp View Post
              likely fried since you tried to power it back up before the internals fully dried.
              booster's right.

              Whatever you do, DON'T use a blow dryer on it like some idiots do. You'll only destroy any hope of restoring it. Your best bet is to remove the battery and bury it in some uncooked white rice overnight. That'll draw out all the moisture.

              Comment


              • #8
                i have always done as tub suggested, remove battery. i then put it in a bowl of uncooked rice and leave it uncovered for couple days. has worked with cell phones in the past.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ryno1974 View Post
                  Am I fucked? This is my second inno, and my wife is gonna shit if I tell her I wrecked another one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gvac View Post
                    booster's right.

                    Whatever you do, DON'T use a blow dryer on it like some idiots do. You'll only destroy any hope of restoring it. Your best bet is to remove the battery and bury it in some uncooked white rice overnight. That'll draw out all the moisture.
                    OK, now I'm gonna cry for sure. I am just a simple man that needs his inno. Why does God hate me? What have I ever done to her? Now I need to listen to either some shit MP3's on my daughters MP3 player of the sound of asshole trying to run me off the road tomorrow.

                    My left nut for a functioning inno...........

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by betidont View Post
                      i have always done as tub suggested, remove battery. i then put it in a bowl of uncooked rice and leave it uncovered for couple days. has worked with cell phones in the past.
                      can you still eat the rice afterwards?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thats what she said

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ive gotta ask - are you guys serious with the rice? Or are you just trying to make me more sad?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            fuck Me! Fuck You!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ryno1974 View Post
                              Ive gotta ask - are you guys serious with the rice? Or are you just trying to make me more sad?
                              Honest injun. It will suck out the moisture but it won't fry your electronics like a hair dryer would.

                              Like booster said, however, since you turned it on with the insides still wet you may have fried it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X