X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIKEYDAKEN View Post
    free dlc silly missy EA will find a way to charge you to replay after they hit you with the charge for the dlc's.
    If the theory is correct, the only way Bioware comes out of this looking good is by offering it for free. They do that, and they have pulled off some kind of awesome troll of their fanbase like nothing ever done in the past.

If they charge for it, people are going to flip their shit. They already took enough heat w/ the day 1 DLC.

This all assumes that the indoctrination theory is correct.

Comment

Also,

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

This would NEVER happen simply based on fan response. Never.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

Comment

i feel this was their plan from the start to get everyone pissed and then sell them a fix. what is the worst that will happen we won't buy the next mass effect game? no one will really boycott bioware so we will just put down our money feel slightly less raped and move on to the next game.

Comment

just got this for my birthday this weekend. a few hours in, pretty good so far. i've stayed away from all the spoilers about the end. i'll see what all the hubbub is about in a few days i guess.

Comment

User 1: "I still want to believe you guys are sneaky trolls and have something going on you don't tell us yet. Can I get a cryptic reply?"
            @masseffect: "The sun, it shines. www.youtube.com/watch"

User 2: "You are either a massive sadist or a beacon of hope."
            @masseffect: "Can't it be both?"

User 3: "I kinda feel lost after that ending...not what I expected and left me feeling everything done was for nothing."
            @masseffect: "We know it's a lot to take in! But hang in there. Your decisions matter."

User 4: "Are you holding something back, that could quell the large amount of frustration from the community, a tiny hint would be enough."
            @masseffect: "Mike Gamble already said on his twitter, if the fans knew what was in store, the reaction would be different."

User 5: "I loved 98% of ME3..but something has to be up w/ ending..too much talent at BW for that business. Keep my saves?"
            @masseffect: "We're keeping our saves, that's for sure."

User 6: "Fans are people too. Playing with their minds isn't that nice as it may look like to people from Bioware."
            @masseffect: "We're not playing with anyone's minds, we are answering what questions we can and recording what feedback we receive."

User 7: "Its not that the ending was taken in the wrong direction its that it makes NO SENSE. Ashley was on the Normandy? she [was] with me."
            @masseffect: "Probably a good thing to be cautious of."

User 8: "Do y'all have any ETA when more news will be released? Dying for news on a new ending/DLC."
            @masseffect: "No ETA yet, but you will be updated via Facebook and Twitter when the news is available ."

Comment

Originally posted by angrymissy View Post
              User 1: "I still want to believe you guys are sneaky trolls and have something going on you don't tell us yet. Can I get a cryptic reply?"
              @masseffect: "The sun, it shines. www.youtube.com/watch"

User 2: "You are either a massive sadist or a beacon of hope."
              @masseffect: "Can't it be both?"

User 3: "I kinda feel lost after that ending...not what I expected and left me feeling everything done was for nothing."
              @masseffect: "We know it's a lot to take in! But hang in there. Your decisions matter."

User 4: "Are you holding something back, that could quell the large amount of frustration from the community, a tiny hint would be enough."
              @masseffect: "Mike Gamble already said on his twitter, if the fans knew what was in store, the reaction would be different."

User 5: "I loved 98% of ME3..but something has to be up w/ ending..too much talent at BW for that business. Keep my saves?"
              @masseffect: "We're keeping our saves, that's for sure."

User 6: "Fans are people too. Playing with their minds isn't that nice as it may look like to people from Bioware."
              @masseffect: "We're not playing with anyone's minds, we are answering what questions we can and recording what feedback we receive."

User 7: "Its not that the ending was taken in the wrong direction its that it makes NO SENSE. Ashley was on the Normandy? she [was] with me."
              @masseffect: "Probably a good thing to be cautious of."

User 8: "Do y'all have any ETA when more news will be released? Dying for news on a new ending/DLC."
              @masseffect: "No ETA yet, but you will be updated via Facebook and Twitter when the news is available ."
              We can hope.

I actually have avoided replaying ME3 because of the ending

Comment

Originally posted by booster11373 View Post
                We can hope.

I actually have avoided replaying ME3 because of the ending
                I was just getting ready to do the London battle right when everyone started raging about the ending online... I waited almost two weeks to finish it because of it.

I'm headed to PAX East this weekend, 4:30 on Fri there is a "Bioware and Mass Effect Panel". My ass will be in that, for sure.

Comment

I was just getting ready to do the London battle right when everyone started raging about the ending online... I waited almost two weeks to finish it because of it.

I'm headed to PAX East this weekend, 4:30 on Fri there is a "Bioware and Mass Effect Panel". My ass will be in that, for sure.
                  Give us the skinny when you can please

Comment

Originally posted by booster11373 View Post
                    Give us the skinny when you can please
                    I am hoping for nerd riots.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b33tJx8iy0A

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5899373/free-mass-...ium=socialflow

Players of the sci-fi threequel will be able to experience additional cinematics and epilogue cutscenes that add further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3. However, the release doesn't mention any additional gameplay content. BioWare co-founder Ray Muyzka said the following regarding the Extended Cut:

"We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and team. Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team's artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe."

Series executive producer Casey Hudson's elaboration in the statement says, "We have reprioritized our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player."

Comment

and I can't wait for this panel tomorrow, especially after this announcement.

Basically everyone will probably be waiting on a long ass line to get in for 2-3 hours, with plenty of time to angrily talk about it.

By the time they actually start the panel people will be out for blood

Comment

I've decided on a zen-like approach to this. My Mass Effect journey was my own and I will not allow a disappointing ending to cloud the entire experience. As far as I'm concerned, I've closed the book on the series and I'm not going to rant on the internet only to pay up the day the DLC comes out.

Comment

I am hoping for nerd riots.
                              And pepper spray!

Comment

Originally posted by Chimee View Post
                                I've decided on a zen-like approach to this. My Mass Effect journey was my own and I will not allow a disappointing ending to cloud the entire experience. As far as I'm concerned, I've closed the book on the series and I'm not going to rant on the internet only to pay up the day the DLC comes out.
                                Well, it's free but they haven't said anything about it including gameplay

Comment

Working...
                                X