X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tallman388 View Post
    I go with Ripken, playing 162 games, plus whenever they made the playoffs seems like it would take more endurance. Keep in mind that Favre got himself hooked on the pills trying to cure the pain, so it's close, but Ripken gets it.
    Absolutely Ripken.

Comment

Ripkin as well because it's just so many games.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleSkeet View Post
        Ripkin.
        Originally posted by weeniewawa View Post
        Ripkin
        Originally posted by TonyStark View Post
        Ripkin
        Who is this Ripkin lad I've been hearing so much about?

Comment

Yeah, the pressure of being a infielder is far greater then being a wuartervack in the nfl, how the whole offense rallies around you....yeah...and the collisions and you run play to play.......so grueling......

Are you people serious?

Comment

Originally posted by instrument View Post
            Yeah, the pressure of being a infielder is far greater then being a wuartervack in the nfl, how the whole offense rallies around you....yeah...and the collisions and you run play to play.......so grueling......

Are you people serious?
            The sheer amount of games played day after day in baseball allows the possibility for more injuries. Both are impressive but I gotta go with Ripken.

Comment

Originally posted by MacVittie View Post
              Nobody remembers who had the streak before Favre, so I'll have to go with Ripken.
              Thats mainly because its unheard of to play that many games in a row in the NFL, I have to go with farve simply because even on plays they dont get sacked they are really likely to take a hit. Anyone who has played both sports realize that your body is sore after a football game for days after every game.

Comment

Originally posted by King Hippos Bandaid View Post
                no steroids to help boost his potential
                Yeah, right.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMojoPin View Post
                  Yeah, right.
                  Possibly not steroids, but almost certainly HGH.

Comment

Originally posted by razorboy View Post
                    Possibly not steroids, but almost certainly HGH.
                    I would not be surprised at all if he used some kind of PED. The vast majority of players that have did it to avoid injury and DL time.

Even so, I'd still be amazed by his record.

Comment

Yeah, right.

if hair loss at age 24 is a symptom, then you may be right

Comment

Remember when Ripken was in jail for trying to beat up Kevin Costner because he found out he was having an affair with his wife, and Peter Angelos got that night's game cancelled by claiming the stadium's lights were malfunctioning so it wouldn't break Ripken's streak? I love urban legends.

Comment

Besides, the real answer is Billy Ripken's "Fuck Face" card.

Comment

Dude, I know a guy who says it was real, mikey.

Comment

I would not be surprised at all if he used some kind of PED. The vast majority of players that have did it to avoid injury and DL time.

Even so, I'd still be amazed by his record.
                              When you're dealing with long term endurance and longevity, HGH is almost always the drug of choice. I have some older friends who take it by physician's prescription and I am amazed at some of the age reversing effects it can have.

Comment

Neither one impresses me because both men insisted on playing when they weren't of any use to their team just to have an individual record.

Playing with broken fingers as a QB isn't "tough" or "brave" it's detrimental to your team. People who applaud these guys are the same assholes who come into work when they're deathly ill with a 103 degree fever, sneezing all over everyone.

STAY THE FUCK HOME!

Comment

Working...
                                X