X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in NYC

I'm taking my first ever trip to NYC next month. It's a two day trip on a weekend.

I'm working on my itinerary. So far I've got the Statue of Liberty, Times Square and a Broadway play.

Am I missing anything? I'd appreciate any advice you guys have on finding more bullshit tourist destinations. Also, any tips on pissing off the locals would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bama; 03-16-2008, 12:36 PM.

there really isnt much to do in the city, if i were you id spend more of the time in jersey

Comment

If the weather's nice, I suggest taking a walk through Central Park and relaxing. Everyone loves Times Square, Rockefellar Center, Grand Central, but I know my folks were really suprised about Central Park.

Try a really good pizza place. That means nothing with "Ray's," "Famous" or "Original" in the title. There are a host of incredible pizza places in the city (of course, right now, I'm drawing a blank on the best in Manhattan -- others may be able to help).

Comment

take video.

lots and lots of video.

Comment

Originally posted by EliSnow View Post
          If the weather's nice, I suggest taking a walk through Central Park and relaxing. Everyone loves Times Square, Rockefellar Center, Grand Central, but I know my folks were really suprised about Central Park.

Try a really good pizza place. That means nothing with "Ray's," "Famous" or "Original" in the title. There are a host of incredible pizza places in the city (of course, right now, I'm drawing a blank on the best in Manhattan -- others may be able to help).

Lombardi's Coal Oven Pizza down in Little Italy...if it's still there.

Oh, and be sure to stop and stare up at the skyscrapers, Bama.

Comment

The American Museum of Natural History.
            My favorite destination. And a couple of dirty-water dogs on the way out.

Comment

to get a better idea of where youre heading its always a good idea to hang out on a busy street corner and unfold a huge map. people will recognize that youre from out of town and offer to help you.

Comment

If you're around 57th and 6th for lunch, try the Burger Joint in the lobby of the Parker Meridian. As Ron has mentioned on the show, it has great burgers.

Comment

And no trip to New York is complete without stopping by Mikeyboy's house for ice cream after the show.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGameHHH View Post
                    there really isnt much to do in the city, if i were you id spend more of the time in jersey
                    he is spending time in nj. the statue of liberty is technically in nj.

Comment

Originally posted by Hottub View Post
                      And no trip to New York is complete without stopping by Mikeyboy's house for ice cream after the show.
                      QFYT

Comment

to get a better idea of where youre heading its always a good idea to hang out on a busy street corner and unfold a huge map. people will recognize that youre from out of town and offer to help you.

And be sure to offer assistance is someone asks," Excuse me, which way is norf?"

Comment

Be kind to the Wallet Inspectors. They're just trying to help you out.

Comment

I do, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                              I'm taking my first ever trip to NYC next month. It's a two day trip on a weekend.

I'm working on my itinerary. So far I've got the Statue of Liberty, Times Square and a Broadway play.

Am I missing anything? I'd appreciate any advice you guys have on finding more bullshit tourist destinations. Also, any tips on pissing off the locals would be helpful.

Thanks!
                              If you're only going to be here for 2 days, I recommend skipping the Statue of Liberty. Instead, take a boat cruise - either the Beast out of South Street Seaport or the Circle Line, and cruise past it, because then you'll be able to see what the city looks like from the water. It's much more fun and you won't waste as much time standing in line in Battery Park.

Also, I recommend the top of the Empire State Building. It's a great great view, either during the day or at night.

Have a great time!

Comment

Working...
                              X