Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth getting stitches on a toe?

About an hour or so ago I went to my car. As I was entering back into my house, my screen door closer quicker than usual and slammed on my pinky toe. Now since I wear flops all of the time the fucking thing is basically split in half. The slice goes from just under the nail down to the top of my foot. I seriously think I see bone. But its a toe. Is it worth it to stitch? OR should I ride it out. And yes it is still bleeding at times

I would get stitches because that is nasty.

Your wearing flip flops with a toe like that is a disservice to everyone in public.

Comment

are we talking human stitches or dog stitches

we know where u now work

Comment

I'm no doctor but I once read somewhere that non-stop bleeding=death.

Comment

Originally posted by King Hippos Bandaid View Post
          are we talking human stitches or dog stitches

we know where u now work
          I would trust one of our vets than a real doc anytime. Prick

Comment

Originally posted by foster View Post
            I'm no doctor but I once read somewhere that non-stop bleeding=death.
            I do understand non stop bleeding is bad. I was hoping it would stop or I could do what we used to do in hockey and crazy glue that fucker closed

Comment

Originally posted by Bossanova View Post
              I do understand non stop bleeding is bad. I was hoping it would stop or I could do what we used to do in hockey and crazy glue that fucker closed
              or just use a stapler

Comment

Have Gvac kiss it and make it better.

Comment

Nah, you'll have a nice big scar there and you can tell everyone you got from some commie you killed in 'Nam.

Comment

if the cut is at least an eighth of an inch deep and you can see yellow fatty tissue, then yes go get it stitched up. it may be harder to tell because the toe is so little. basically, if it is gaping a little to widely... you might want to go get it looked at.

if not, get butterfly closures to close the skin together and keep the whole area bandaged and very clean. and perhaps an anti-inflammatory for any swelling.

just make your decision soon because docs will not often sew up wounds that are more than a day old.

good luck, kiddo!

Comment

Cut that shit off. That fucker don't do shit anyway. 4 toes is the way to go.

Comment

Quit whining, hippie.

Comment

One thing to consider is that if you do get stitches people will think you are a snitch because, well you know...

Good luck.

Comment

Boss tends to get fucked up by inanimate objects quite a bit. First a furnace knocked him the fuck out, now a screen door.

Comment

Crazy Glue, a butterfly, and get ready for your next shift, Dirty Hippie!

Comment

Working...
                              X