X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relationships

Obviously we've seen Dave go through different relationships, Fez struggle with his, and Ron has been open about being divorced.

I was just wondering what everyone else has been through. Any stories of divorce, unhappy marriages, wanting to get divorced, relationship doubts?

I love the Ron and Fez listeners and fans and would love to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks!

Never married, only came close once.

Lived with a couple of women, and both of those relationships went south.

I tend to get bored rather quickly.

Comment

I hear you. It seems tough, though. Like you might be giving up something that could be the right thing or you are staying in something that is not right for you.

And it turns into a whole new game when you live them.

Comment

And in 6 months time you ask yourself "What the hell was I thinking?"

Comment

foolishly married young thinking I could change the man I was with into a good guy, after 7 years I gave up trying.
          Met my son's father after and he felt he needed to hook up with a waitress at my mother's birthday party while we were visiting my family with his older son and out new baby.
          Have been single since and learned a whole lot about not ever settling anymore and looking for happiness no matter what.
          Sometimes being lonely is bliss... rather than being with someone for all the wrong reasons and being miserable while doing so.

Comment

Thanks both of you for sharing your stories.

Sometimes it isn't even that black and white. There are some deal breakers for some like cheating. But sometimes the relationship is all good for the most part, but it feels like something missing.

And sometimes you wonder whether it is you or the person you are with.

Comment

Married my high school sweetheart of almost 11 years.

It was over before it began. Separated 7 months later...divorced 5 months after that.

Happy since!

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyRich View Post
                Married my high school sweetheart of almost 11 years...
                DAMN, it took you a long time to get through high school !

Comment

Originally posted by at least pretend View Post
                  Thanks both of you for sharing your stories.

Sometimes it isn't even that black and white. There are some deal breakers for some like cheating. But sometimes the relationship is all good for the most part, but it feels like something missing.

And sometimes you wonder whether it is you or the person you are with.
                  we all grow older and most often grow apart. There are a few lucky ones who grow together, it's what we usually strive for in a relationship but what rarely happens.
                  I for one don't believe that a marriage should be hard work. You live and love and you have the ability to love many in your lifetime.
                  You meet a person and fall in love cause you have many things in common or you adore certain silly behaviors that turn out to be the deal breaker in the long run.
                  Greg said he gets bored quickly, I don't think it's true boredom, it's just discovering that the person is not the one he will be happy with in the long run.
                  Even the most caring and charitable person is selfish in the end, and if they are not openly, they usually suffer quietly just cause they are not strong, independent and about their own needs, yet they have them. Nobody gives themselves up happily.

Comment

Happy since is good to hear.

Even though in your situation it seems like the end of the world at the time, people are pretty resilient.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez4PrezN2008 View Post
                      DAMN, it took you a long time to get through high school !
                      I found the love of my life now!

Comment

Originally posted by at least pretend View Post
                        Happy since is good to hear.

Even though in your situation it seems like the end of the world at the time, people are pretty resilient.
                        I was lucky enough to not own anything with her and not have any kids.

WIN!

Comment

married my high school boyfriend. we were both 21 when married had a kid at 23 and 28 years of age. The only thing I regret is having kids too early. We cheated ourselves from getting to know each other better. I love my first born with all of my heart, but I was soooo not ready at 23 even though i thought I was. I was a much better mom at 28 when the 2nd when came.

Marriage is hard. Marriage + kids is even harder. I'm happy though. I love my life, but it can be a real challenge at times.

Comment

katja, that was a beautiful post.

So do you think because people change as they get older they should jump from relationship to relationship? Or when you are younger, 20's etc, people change and want different things?

Comment

Originally posted by biggirl View Post
                              married my high school boyfriend. we were both 21 when married had a kid at 23 and 28 years of age. The only thing I regret is having kids too early. We cheated ourselves from getting to know each other better. I love my first born with all of my heart, but I was soooo not ready at 23 even though i thought I was. I was a much better mom at 28 when the 2nd when came.

Marriage is hard. Marriage + kids is even harder. I'm happy though. I love my life, but it can be a real challenge at times.
                              I can't imagine the hell that is your life.

Comment

Working...
                              X