X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart Ship to Store = Bullshit

I can't believe I did this, but I ordered something online from Walmart and instead of sending it to my house for a fee, I elected to use the free Ship to Store option.
    When you do this, they email you when your package arrives at the store and they tell you to print out the email and bring it to the store.
    I assumed it would be at the returns area when, since no where did it say to go to a special place.
    I get to the store on a Friday night and its a mob scene. I had to park at last isle and walk like a quarter mile to the store.
    I walk in and see that all the registers are packed like 20 deep. I go to the return area and wait 20 minutes till I get up to the register. I tell them why I'm there and she tells me Oh, you have to go to the back of the store!
    I'm fuming and walk back there and its a fucking mad house. Absolutely no organization and no apparent begiing or end of the line, no one says where to go or what the procedure is. Ginally after another 20 minutes I get up to the girls and they ask for my last name, fist letter of my name. I show them the paper and they only seem to want the name. They can't spell it right and I say, I have the order number. They don't care. They eventually figure it out and send some girl into the back to look for my package. 15 minutes later she comes out with it and I am dismissed.

As I'm walking out I say, Wow, this was so convienient!

Why in the world would anyone use this service? Its insane. It took far longer than simply walking the aisles and finding your item, and I also had to get something else too, and had to still wait on a line at the register.
    Totally pointless!

I have used it for Lukas' atv.
    Saved me 50 bucks in shipping and I go there anyway to buy groceries. In addition I knew where to go for pick up so no extra waits... and had a rep help me bring it to the car.
    Only downside is that the area is not regularly staffed so you have to call someone which can take a few minutes, but all in all easy as 123

Comment

Complaining about shopping at Walmart does not inspire any sympathy in me. The place is a dump, inhabited by dumpy employees and dumpstanky customers. It is the anus of a town.

Comment

Sound's like you need to learn the system from Katja. I'm sure the rest of the people w/ you thought the same thing. Live and learn.

Comment

it's your own dumb fault for going to wal-mart on a friday night the week before christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by weekapaugjz View Post
            it's your own dumb fault for going to wal-mart
            There ya go...

Comment

I've done this a couple of times and no one was ever at the ship to store desk. I had to wait quite alone time for someone to finally get there but once they arrived my package was found rather quickly. It allowed me to purchase things for way cheaper than in the store and without delivery charges. So in the end I'd say it was worth it. You have to remember you did it the week before Christmas so its gonna be a mob no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by GregoryJoseph View Post
                There ya go...
                eh. i don't hate wal-mart. it's very convenient for me. it's open 24 hours and i can stop on my way home from work at 4 am. it's totally empty except for workers stocking shelves. i never go during the day and definitely not on weekends. that's when the dregs of society are out and about.

Comment

it's your own dumb fault for going to wal-mart on a friday night the week before christmas.

True.

Comment

Was she in line in front of you?

Comment

and he lives on long island which, well, we know is such a fucking wonderful place with helpful, insightful people.

Comment

Originally posted by topless_mike View Post
                        and he lives on long island which, well, we know is such a fucking wonderful place with helpful, insightful people.
                        Odds are we went to the same walmart. Don't knock Long Island Walmarts. They have Crazed as an employee...

Comment

Route 110 Walmart? That's where I was.
                          I would have thought more people would be out having a good time on a Friday night than hanging around Walmart.
                          Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by sr71blackbird View Post
                            Route 110 Walmart? That's where I was.
                            I would have thought more people would be out having a good time on a Friday night than hanging around Walmart.
                            Who knew?
                            Yeah even though the mall one in massapequa is closer, I always use that one. The ship to store desk is completely empty and surrounded by trash. I did manage to get a wall mount for my tv for like half of what it cost in the store.

Comment

Does anyone remember the store Consumers?

Comment

Working...
                              X