RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   Everything Ron & Fez (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Careers at SiriusXM: Associate Producer For the Ron & Fez (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91681)

Bowel 03-15-2012 09:44 PM

Careers at SiriusXM: Associate Producer For the Ron & Fez

Zito's moving on up :bye:

https://careers-siriusxm.icims.com/jobs/7151/job

Quote:

Position Description:

Position Summary:

Works with Producers and members of the Programming team to create superior radio programs on The Opie & Anthony Channel. Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. Edits materials and operates an audio board. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.

Duties and Responsibilities:

Pre-Production

Assists in the development of content for shows
Collaborates in the production of programs, promos and specials
Identifies and submits show ideas and topics
Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for Hosts
Develops novel and creative ways to present content
Attends creative meetings, and contributes to the selection of program content
Makes recommendations to Producers and management on program improvements
Works with programming team to identify and select celebrity, expert and lifestyle guests
Researches guest backgrounds, develops interview questions and assists with pre-interviews
Obtains audio materials needed for production
Assists with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed
May independently produce segments of large programs

Production

Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use
Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly
Dubs sound from a variety of sources (e.g., CD, mp3, Web, etc.)
Enters clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software
Loads and deletes clips, and rips and edits promos and spots
Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios
Ensures that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows
Works with talent and Producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned

Post-Production

Reviews work products with supervisor
Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction
Edits audio (e.g., inserts additional clips, sound bites, etc.)
Maintains database of program content for archival use

Additional duties and responsibilities:

May be required to fill in for Producers on occasion
May lead the work of Production Assistants, Board Operators and Interns
Coordinates special projects
Performs other duties as assigned

Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Proficiency with audio editing software

Requirements and General Skills:
Familiarity with the Ron and Fez show
Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio
Highly detail oriented
Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned channels / programs
Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals
Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
Must have legal right to work in the U.S.

Technical Skills:

Proficiency in:
Microsoft Office
Prophet
Dalet
Pro Tools
Cool Edit
Adobe Audition
Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product
Operating an audio board

PapaBear 03-15-2012 10:00 PM

I'm behind on the show, but could this be more of an indication that Fred is going to get the position? They probably have to advertise the position before they can officially give it to him. From what I can remember, every time an intern has stayed beyond their internship, they've eventually become official employees.

underdog 03-16-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaBear (Post 2953536)
I'm behind on the show, but could this be more of an indication that Fred is going to get the position? They probably have to advertise the position before they can officially give it to him. From what I can remember, every time an intern has stayed beyond their internship, they've eventually become official employees.

I hope so. It's nice that Ron has someone else to talk to, rather than just Hicks or no one.

Tenbatsuzen 03-16-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaBear (Post 2953536)

Legally, yes, they have to advertise the position.

Brad_Rush 03-16-2012 02:47 PM

That would explain all the talk about Zito helping out Fred

smiler grogan 03-16-2012 03:44 PM

i like this Fred kid he seems to blend right in and if he is taking the place of Zito then all the better.

sailor 03-16-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenbatsuzen (Post 2953863)
Legally, yes, they have to advertise the position.

Why, because it's publicly traded?

disneyspy 03-16-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 2953882)

no,because it's the media

spoon 03-16-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

nah, just radio hat time

disneyspy 03-16-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon (Post 2953886)
nah, just radio hat time

fuck,why didn't anyone tell tell me? i would have put mine on before i posted!

Tenbatsuzen 03-16-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

No. It's primarily to avoid discrimination, in ALL companies, not just radio. Even privately owned companies advertise jobs that they know there's 98% chance it's already been filled. But sometimes it backfires.

When I first started out, there was a Promotions Director gig open. A few people on the inside were on track to get it, in fact, one of the underlings had already worked the vendors in getting materials ordered and stuff after the previous Promotions guy left.

Four people were interviewed, three inside candidates, one outside candidate. The three insiders were all male, the outside candidate was female and had enormous breasts. Did I mention the hiring manager was a recent divorcee?

Tenbatsuzen 03-16-2012 04:38 PM

To expand on what I said previously - it looks good during audits that you advertised the position and went through the motions of interviewing, etc.

CountryBob 03-16-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenbatsuzen (Post 2953907)
No. It's primarily to avoid discrimination, in ALL companies, not just radio. Even privately owned companies advertise jobs that they know there's 98% chance it's already been filled. But sometimes it backfires.

When I first started out, there was a Promotions Director gig open. A few people on the inside were on track to get it, in fact, one of the underlings had already worked the vendors in getting materials ordered and stuff after the previous Promotions guy left.

Four people were interviewed, three inside candidates, one outside candidate. The three insiders were all male, the outside candidate was female and had enormous breasts. Did I mention the hiring manager was a recent divorcee?

Yeah you gotta be careful on that. Ive read of a few lawsuits where the outside person would be ultra qualified and didnt get the job because it was already promised and sued over discrimination - and most always will win.

fezident 03-17-2012 12:39 PM

I am perfectly qualified for that position. Location.. background... mastery of editing software... etc.
If I were looking for work... I would apply. I could very likely get the gig. I wonder if that would be weird.

spankyfrank 03-17-2012 01:16 PM

I already applied

Tenbatsuzen 03-17-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fezident (Post 2954055)
I am perfectly qualified for that position. Location.. background... mastery of editing software... etc.
If I were looking for work... I would apply. I could very likely get the gig. I wonder if that would be weird.

I wouldn't exactly call taking an 80 percent pay-cut to work for an unstable company "weird".

hanso 03-17-2012 01:48 PM

Fish don't fry in the kitchen, beans don't burn on the griiiiiill.

disneyspy 03-17-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fezident (Post 2954055)
If I were looking for work... I would apply. I could very likely get the gig.

shure you would ,shweetie

disneyspy 03-17-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankyfrank (Post 2954065)
I already applied

good luck!

spankyfrank 03-17-2012 02:05 PM

There's also an open O&A producer spot.

disneyspy 03-17-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankyfrank (Post 2954074)

did you check the "i'll play with feces box"?

booster11373 03-17-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyspy (Post 2953885)
no,because it's the media

The liberal media or the lame stream media?

spankyfrank 03-17-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyspy (Post 2954076)
did you check the "i'll play with feces box"?

:flush:

disneyspy 03-17-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booster11373 (Post 2954081)
The liberal media or the lame stream media?

the in yo face, fuck you terrestial, we are satelite of love media

Tenbatsuzen 03-17-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankyfrank (Post 2954074)

Guess Ant needs a new pool boy.