RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   Everything Ron & Fez (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The "I disagree with Ron" thread (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81687)

ToiletCrusher 06-23-2009 01:27 PM

The "I disagree with Ron" thread

There is far too many anti-Fez or anti-Fez opinion threads.

I imagine that some people here disagree with Ron as well.

So, here's the place to do so.

Today, when speaking about Susan Boyle, I disagreed with Ron.

His point of view was that she should be allowed to do whatever she wants and continue on with the talent show as long as she wanted. No one should govern her decisions and say otherwise.

That's silly.

He went as far to compare Susan Boyle to professional athletes saying that if it is their decision to continue playing, let them do it. Well, when a player of a professional team suffers from problems, leagues step in. Be it a drug problem, run in with the law, whatever, the respective league steps in. They mandate the player to adhere to said rules and if they are having issues outside the sport, they are subjected to certain penalties.

Why should this be any different than the show in question?

This woman showed an inability to handle life in the spotlight. The producers of the show should have stepped in and acted on it. Perhaps pulling her from a few shows, or providing some sort of therapy to help her cope with her new found stardom or possibly, pulling her from the show all together.

I'm not saying that all media should be managed in such a way but there are instances where this type of approach would be beneficial to the individual. I mean, we aren't talking about a person who had a career as an amateur musician who gradually worked their way up to fame. She was transplanted from being a homely lady with a voice to something of a national icon.

Okay. That's it. Bash away if you want.

Just remember, this thread is intended for those who disagree with the person's name who comes first in the show's title.

Susan Boyle 06-23-2009 01:28 PM

You're a bloody wanker.

Keep your opinions to yourself, you filthy Yank!!!

HBox 06-23-2009 01:41 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p__QkG61zYI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p__QkG61zYI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GreatAmericanZero 06-23-2009 01:42 PM

i disagreed with Ron when he was saying that "Long Island Sucks" the other day

Long Island steps up!

IMSlacker 06-23-2009 01:46 PM

As much as I believe that he belongs in the Hall of Fame, Ron Santo is not a good broadcaster.

Pat Hughes, however, is excellent.

RhinoinMN 06-23-2009 01:48 PM

I wonder when Ron Diaz will show up in this thread?

TheMojoPin 06-23-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMSlacker (Post 2320322)
As much as I believe that he belongs in the Hall of Fame, Ron Santo is not a good broadcaster.

Pat Hughes, however, is excellent.

Wait, Ron said Santo is a good broadcaster?

Has he actually heard Santo?

IMSlacker 06-23-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMojoPin (Post 2320324)
Wait, Ron said Santo is a good broadcaster?

Has he actually heard Santo?

Yeah, he said he "enjoyed" Santo. He must have been thinking of someone else.

badorties 06-23-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatAmericanZero (Post 2320319)
i disagreed with Ron when he was saying that "Long Island Sucks" the other day

Long Island steps up!

although, i usually might not agree with a guy from philly/tampa criticizing the NY area -- i'm a 100% on his side

his love of steely dan and the doors irks me a bit, but who's perfect

Enabler 06-23-2009 01:58 PM

Rons take on tailgating pisses me off. I know Ron cant drink, an thinks that having male friends is gay, but he needs to lay off the tailgate bashing.

jab 06-23-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enabler (Post 2320334)
Rons take on tailgating pisses me off. I know Ron cant drink, an thinks that having male friends is gay, but he needs to lay off the tailgate bashing.

gay.

paracetamol flanders 06-23-2009 02:00 PM

I am a Scrapple denier. Like the Chupacabra and the Holocaust, Scrapple is just the fabrication of a drug addled mind. I therefore disagree with Ron regarding its existence.

AnnoyedGrunt 06-23-2009 02:03 PM

Ron says the 1993 World Series never happened. I respectfully disagree and say it was great.

Ron Diaz 06-23-2009 02:03 PM

Ron Bennington is a hack.

AF Mike 06-23-2009 02:06 PM

Personally I could take or leave dessert.
It's certainly not a defining part of the meal.

jab 06-23-2009 02:06 PM

you know, i always thought it would be the o&a board fan people that would turn against their show and help it to fall apart, but nope. ron and fez people. who woulda thunk.

drjoek 06-23-2009 02:13 PM

Can't see this ending well.

foodcourtdruide 06-23-2009 02:22 PM

Why is disagreeing with Ron on some issues considered bashing the show? So bizarre.

TjM 06-23-2009 02:23 PM

I like black people

Gvac 06-23-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foodcourtdruide (Post 2320367)
Why is disagreeing with Ron on some issues considered bashing the show? So bizarre.

That's how this place has gotten, unfortunately.

If you're not all sunshine and roses and don't absolutely adore every aspect of the show you're a "hater" or a shit stirrer.

jab 06-23-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foodcourtdruide (Post 2320367)

you hate ron bennington.

led37zep 06-23-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjM (Post 2320368)
I like black people

Are you looking for the Anthony Cumia thread?

underdog 06-23-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gvac (Post 2320369)
That's how this place has gotten, unfortunately.

If you're not all sunshine and roses and don't absolutely adore every aspect of the show you're a "hater" or a shit stirrer.

You and spoon have a weird view of this place.

People got fed up with people who only post things that can be considered bashing or attacking of people on the Ron and Fez show. On ronfez.net. The fan message board of the Ron & Fez show.

I'm sure there were some overreactions but the "hater" threads got out of control control for a while. I still don't understand starting a thread because you dislike something on a show on the message board of that show. Wow, you didn't like a segment. Who gives a fuck. Skip that segment and listen to the rest of the show.

D isf or Dangerous 06-23-2009 02:30 PM

L.I. and other stuff

Ron was right about Long Island, the name itself should always be underlined by a thin, dark mustache.

However, I disagree with Ron's hatred for "popcorn" movies. I either own or have enjoyed the majority of the movies he has admitted to liking, but I also enjoy some mindless visual entertainment in between all these "thinking mans movies".

For example; I loved Speed Racer purely on an artistic level, but I know damn well that the script was just a vehicle to move from one FX sequence to the next, and was otherwise complete garbage. Im not stupid, I just don't always need to have this connection to a film, sometimes I just want to have some eye candy and go home.

P.s. - I do not own Speed Racer.

TjM 06-23-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by led37zep (Post 2320372)
Are you looking for the Anthony Cumia thread?

Fuck

I was told to go 2 sets of lights past FBA and take my first right at wackbag