RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   Ask The Oracle (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   When did the bluetooth headset become a black fashion accessory? (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63738)

LordJezo 10-02-2007 05:45 AM

When did the bluetooth headset become a black fashion accessory?

I have been noticing this more and more lately, black culture seems to have embraced the bluetooth headset as some sort of fashion piece. I saw some wedding pictures a couple of weeks ago and one dude, while in his tux and posing for pictures, had his bluetooth in at all times. At a formal dinner thing with work one guy had his in the whole time while sitting at the table, he never talked to anyone on it but it remained in his ear for the whole event. On the news yesterday they were interviewing black folks and they had their headsets in while they were dressed up in some sort of going out clothes. It seems that keeping your headset in at all times no matter the occasion is now considered cool. There are more examples but these are the most recent.

When did this happen and why?

CassiusClay 10-02-2007 05:51 AM

I think that the wireless headset is nice for drivers but I'm so goddamn sick of thinking someone is talking to me in line at the market or wherever. Why do you roll your eyes at me when I ask if you are talking to me? Why do I have to feel embarassed when you are talking about your menstrauls in public?

KC2OSO 10-02-2007 05:53 AM

http://www.rvpartworld.com/images/re...s_y__96089.jpg
Broad sweeping strokes...

Keotok 10-02-2007 05:55 AM

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blogimage/juha/2007.jpg

MadMatt 10-02-2007 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordJezo (Post 1475109)
I have been noticing this more and more lately, black culture seems to have embraced the bluetooth headset as some sort of fashion piece. I saw some wedding pictures a couple of weeks ago and one dude, while in his tux and posing for pictures, had his bluetooth in at all times. At a formal dinner thing with work one guy had his in the whole time while sitting at the table, he never talked to anyone on it but it remained in his ear for the whole event. On the news yesterday they were interviewing black folks and they had their headsets in while they were dressed up in some sort of going out clothes. It seems that keeping your headset in at all times no matter the occasion is now considered cool. There are more examples but these are the most recent.

When did this happen and why?

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6...uetoothme4.jpg

Marc with a c 10-02-2007 06:03 AM

They're dominican.

Earlshog 10-02-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc with a c (Post 1475120)
They're dominican.

theres a difference?

AJDELAWARE 10-02-2007 06:12 AM

Its because african americans have had a long history of contact with the borg, and the bluetooth head set is just step one in the assimilation process.

A.J. 10-02-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJDELAWARE (Post 1475130)
Its because african americans have had a long history of contact with the borg, and the bluetooth head set is just step one in the assimilation process.

Makes sense since all the Borg look alike anyway.

TheMojoPin 10-02-2007 06:33 AM

Wow, he's right, I ONLY see non-white people wearing and using Bluetooths at seemingly all times of the day and in almost any situation. WHITE PEOPLE NEVER DO THIS. Dear God, he's a genius,

AJDELAWARE 10-02-2007 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMojoPin (Post 1475145)
Wow, he's right, I ONLY see non-white people wearing and using Bluetooths at seemingly all times of the day and in almost any situation. WHITE PEOPLE NEVER DO THIS. Dear God, he's a genius,

This would have been a good time to use that sarcasm button that Mikey added tot he tool bar.

JustJon 10-02-2007 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJDELAWARE (Post 1475146)
This would have been a good time to use that sarcasm button that Mikey added tot he tool bar.

Mikey added something to the tool bar? A momentous day, I'm gonna go bake a cake.

I got one of the early bluetooth headsets like 3-4 years ago because I was buying a new phone that had bluetooth and thought it would be more convenient than the wired headset that The Man forced me to use by law. It is way more convenient and very cool to use when I drive or I'm on a work call and need to type and talk, but it's just a pain to see everyone everywhere just wearing these. Most people obviously aren't using them, so why not turn it off and leave it off your ear until you actually make/receive a call?

TheMojoPin 10-02-2007 06:45 AM

Maybe
the
dingo
ate
all
the
white
people
abusing
Bluetooths.

AJDELAWARE 10-02-2007 06:46 AM

The worst part about this shit, when I worked at a deli a few years ago, people would talk while looking directly at you, and you would repsond, and then they would look at you like you were an idiot because you didn't realize they were on a bluetooth/handsfree. I would spit on thier lunchmeat.

TheMojoPin 10-02-2007 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJDELAWARE (Post 1475167)
The worst part about this shit, when I worked at a deli a few years ago, people would talk while looking directly at you, and you would repsond, and then they would look at you like you were an idiot because you didn't realize they were on a bluetooth/handsfree. I would spit on thier lunchmeat.

I hate how it makes it seem like there are more crazy people wandering the streets. I get nervous whenever I see some spaz having an animated conversation seemingly involving nothing and nobody and then they finally turn and there's that stupid Bluetooth.

CassiusClay 10-02-2007 06:47 AM

Nice. What's up with people talking on their cell phones really early in the morning? And i've eavesdropped on a few of these conversations and it's usually some mundane, uninteresting babble. I don't think I know anyone that would accept my call at 6 in the morning.

IamPixie 10-02-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMatt (Post 1475116)

hahahahaha

FUNKMAN 10-02-2007 06:49 AM

what's with those people, first all the gold tooths, now the blue tooths...

LordJezo 10-02-2007 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMojoPin (Post 1475145)

Yeah, see, no, white people, asian people, latin people, they all use bluetooths all time. I will have mine on while talking in the car or around my condo or if I am talking to someone while in a store, but if I am going to pose for a wedding photo or be on the dance floor at a fancy company party, I won't have it on. That is the thing I am trying to figure out, it is only black folks that I see doing this, leaving it in their ears at all times no matter the situation or circumstance when talking to no one or not talking to anyone for a long time.

Kris10 10-02-2007 06:51 AM

I can't have something on my ear for that long of a period and that stupid blue light annoys the fuck out of me. I guess I'm old school because I still use my speaker phone.

TheMojoPin 10-02-2007 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordJezo (Post 1475175)
That is the thing I am trying to figure out, it is only black folks that I see doing this, leaving it in their ears at all times no matter the situation or circumstance when talking to no one or not talking to anyone for a long time.

Then you're seriously only staring at black people (and if that's your thing, it's cool) and ignoring everyone else. These goddamn things are used and abused everywhere. My local church is pretty much all white and I've seen at least half a dozen tools wearing it during the service. I assume they have them off since they don't appear to be talking, but why the hell keep wearing them?!? Same at school and work, too. Bluetooth tools seem to come in all colors...and I hate them all equally. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR NERDY TECHNOLOGY. Unless you're a doctor or a drug dealer, nobody NEEDS to speak with you at that exact moment where it's just impossible for you to walk outside and get out of the way.

LiddyRules 10-02-2007 07:07 AM

It's better than that really loud walkie/talkie cell phone that was popular a couple of years back. Loud beeping?! Loud scratchy voices!? For everyone to hear!?! Where do I sign up. God I hate those fucking things.

But I mostly see whites with blueteeth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassiusClay (Post 1475170)
Nice. What's up with people talking on their cell phones really early in the morning?

I wonder that too. Maybe not as early as 6 but I've been on a train at like 7:30, 8 in the morning. I can barely keep my eyes open, I have that "I'd rather be dead than awake right now" headache. Then some bitch's cell phone rings and she goes on gabbing like it's 2 in the afternoon.

Crispy123 10-02-2007 07:46 AM

Quote:

Yeah, see, no, white people, asian people, latin people, they all use bluetooths all time. I will have mine on while talking in the car or around my condo or if I am talking to someone while in a store, but if I am going to pose for a wedding photo or be on the dance floor at a fancy company party, I won't have it on. That is the thing I am trying to figure out, it is only black folks that I see doing this, leaving it in their ears at all times no matter the situation or circumstance when talking to no one or not talking to anyone for a long time.

Are you sure that you're not stuck in 1984??? Cause it might be a boombox that is hanging off of these black peoples ear and not a bluetooth

http://consumerist.com/assets/resour...05/boombox.jpg

Furtherman 10-02-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

That is the thing I am trying to figure out, it is only black folks that I see doing this, leaving it in their ears at all times no matter the situation or circumstance when talking to no one or not talking to anyone for a long time.

That's just being ignorant. All the people I see, and some I unfortunately know, who wear their bluetooths for no reason, are white. So I know for a fact that they leave it in their ears all day and use it occasionally.

I don't care what color you are, you wear one of those things when you're NOT talking on the phone? You look like an idiot.

AJDELAWARE 10-02-2007 07:58 AM

You know what else I hate that black people do? Procreate and breed. GOD.

JEZO - lets get them crosses lit quick, its almost sundown.