RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   01001101 01101111 01101101's Basement (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tribes: Ascend (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91414)

Chigworthy 12-20-2011 12:05 PM

Tribes: Ascend

Anyone else beta testing this? It's under Non-disclosure, so we can't talk about it, but I made this thread anyway since it seems like it will be pretty decent when they finish.

Chigworthy 03-27-2012 08:56 PM

I swear a player named girlNIN grabbed the flag right in front of me tonight. I laid down some heavy disc fire and she skated through it. From a distance I threw about 3 MIRVs at her but all of them missed the mark.

girlNIN, are you playing tribes, or did I misread the player tag?

Section 8 03-30-2012 07:51 PM

I'm in on the beta. I played Starseige: Tribes and Tribes 2 a LOT when they came out and I figured I'd check out the new one.

Handle is: Section8

Been playing mostly Deathmatch.

Chigworthy 04-23-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Section 8 (Post 2959442)
I'm in on the beta. I played Starseige: Tribes and Tribes 2 a LOT when they came out and I figured I'd check out the new one.

Handle is: Section8

Been playing mostly Deathmatch.

CTF for me. I'm the soldier defending the flag and serving up hot blue plates to anyone who comes near. I played T2 quite a bit and definitely find myself in the old fogey category on Ascend. I can't wait for some custom servers with classic rules and weapons to come around. None of this automatic MG kill you in one jump by holding the mouse button down shit.

Chigworthy 04-25-2012 09:59 AM

So disappointing. So frustrating.

Section 8 04-26-2012 04:31 AM

A co-worker of mine just got me involved with C&H. You end up with a lot more XP than you do with DM. Some things on the game kinda bug me (like a sniper headshot on a Pathfinder doesn't kill him), but I enjoy the game for the most part.

Chigworthy 04-26-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Section 8 (Post 2967074)
A co-worker of mine just got me involved with C&H. You end up with a lot more XP than you do with DM. Some things on the game kinda bug me (like a sniper headshot on a Pathfinder doesn't kill him), but I enjoy the game for the most part.

I was glad they brought back C&H; it makes for a nice break from CTF. But I burned out on it pretty quickly. They really need to add a shit ton more maps for all modes. But these horseshit weapon bundles are ruining the game.

Section 8 04-26-2012 07:58 PM

I'm sure more maps are in the works.

As for the weapons bundles, some of the weapons are waaay OP (Raider's plasma gun). Some are pretty strong but you need to really practice with them for them to be effective (Jackal).

Chigworthy 04-27-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Section 8 (Post 2967608)
I'm sure more maps are in the works.

As for the weapons bundles, some of the weapons are waaay OP (Raider's plasma gun). Some are pretty strong but you need to really practice with them for them to be effective (Jackal).

I saw a marketing page for the new plasma gun where it was advertised as "makes for great mid airs". Then their promo video shows someone just knocking people out of the sky left and right. Then 99% of the players complain what a cheap weapon it is, and Hi Rez says that it was a mistake and they will fix it soon. I just wish they had stuck to a traditional model for the game. I would gladly have paid 60 bucks for this game and probably purchased any expansions they made later. Or pay a monthly fee like WoW. But with the Jackal and the Plasma, it just seems like they are compensating for a lack of income by releasing "cheat" guns that you have to buy just to be able to compete.

Section 8 04-27-2012 08:44 PM

They just did a patch today to cut down the size of the plasma projectile by 40%. I noticed a severe drop in me being killed by plasma tonight. I don't think they have anyone really test out these new weapons before unleashing them on the public. They just wait for people to bitch and then they change it.

BTW, what's your handle so I can add you to my friends list?

Chigworthy 04-28-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Section 8 (Post 2968213)
They just did a patch today to cut down the size of the plasma projectile by 40%. I noticed a severe drop in me being killed by plasma tonight. I don't think they have anyone really test out these new weapons before unleashing them on the public. They just wait for people to bitch and then they change it.

BTW, what's your handle so I can add you to my friends list?

I added you today.