RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   Listening Threads (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Opie and Anthony Listening Thread - May 2012 (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91795)

FatassTitePants 05-02-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimee (Post 2970223)
Maybe the news should lie somewhere between doom and gloom and morning zoo radio.

Dude! Everything is always so lame, maaan!

Dan 'Hampton 05-02-2012 05:26 PM

Hey why doesn't Fez talk?

Adolf 05-02-2012 05:40 PM

tom papa is consistently annoying and i'd rather not hear his voice ever again

in case you were wondering what my thoughts were on the subject

ok bye :bye:

realmenhatelife 05-03-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adolf (Post 2970242)

Post 187, if you were really committed to the character you would never post again just to keep that post count.

Adolf 05-03-2012 03:39 AM

i'll think about it https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/im...7rwuydowKbF97g

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

CountryBob 05-03-2012 04:20 AM

Breuer has the best stories

OGC 05-03-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adolf (Post 2970242)

His laugh is sooooooo fucking annoying.

sailor 05-03-2012 05:40 AM

The Metallica - Guns tour was in '92 for the black album. We saw them at the meadowlands. Breuer's wrong, it made sense for gnr to close. As Lars (I think) said Metallica liked to finish early and be in a bar drunk by the time gnr went on. When we saw them, there was the expected delay and axl actually came out to let the crowd know he was shockingly there on time, set to go on, and they were having issues setting up for the band. Breuer was right tho, when gnr came out the young girls went nuts and the guys took it as a chance to sit down and relax. Great show.

Just read now that axl had wanted nirvana to open instead of faith no more, but contain turned them down. Fuck!

LeedsJr 05-03-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 2970323)
The Metallica - Guns tour was in '92 for the black album. We saw them at the meadowlands. Breuer's wrong, it made sense for gnr to close. As Lars (I think) said Metallica liked to finish early and be in a bar drunk by the time gnr went on. When we saw them, there was the expected delay and axl actually came out to let the crowd know he was shockingly there on time, set to go on, and they were having issues setting up for the band. Breuer was right tho, when gnr came out the young girls went nuts and the guys took it as a chance to sit down and relax. Great show.

Just read now that axl had wanted nirvana to open instead of faith no more, but contain turned them down. Fuck!

I saw that show, too. Faith No more was the opener. I think we saw the only show on that "tour" that went off without a hitch. :smile:

sailor 05-03-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeedsJr (Post 2970324)
I saw that show, too. Faith No more was the opener. I think we saw the only show on that "tour" that went off without a hitch. :smile:

And I don't recall axl being "exposed" in any way. They were great, I was just too exhausted to go crazy for them.

LeedsJr 05-03-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 2970325)
And I don't recall axl being "exposed" in any way. They were great, I was just too exhausted to go crazy for them.

I'm not listening yet, so I don't know what they're saying. But I thought GNR put on a great show that night as well.

If I remember 20 years ago correctly, they didn't hit the stage until almost 10. By then I had been at the Meadowlands for about 9 hours. First tailgating, then saw all of Faith No More and Metallica.

I remember the long break between Metallica and GNR, and Axl joking he was not used to be being backstage waiting to go on.

sailor 05-03-2012 06:15 AM

Basically Breuer was saying gnr was exposed as not being good enough to follow Metallica with their cutesy songs.

LeedsJr 05-03-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 2970328)
Basically Breuer was saying gnr was exposed as not being good enough to follow Metallica with their cutesy songs.

I'm guessing he is/was a big Metallica fan?

I remember Metallica fans in the late 80's/early 90's were rabid. They thought that band was the only music worth listening to.

sailor 05-03-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeedsJr (Post 2970329)
I'm guessing he is/was a big Metallica fan?

I remember Metallica fans in the late 80's/early 90's were rabid. They thought that band was the only music worth listening to.

Yeah, he's a huge fan. You've heard his story about hanging with Lars and they found some college kids backpack in their taxi?

sailor 05-03-2012 06:26 AM

Maybe if this guy wasn't a cunt he could have gotten a free wrap.

Furtherman 05-03-2012 12:33 PM

Has there ever been a train service that took credit cards on the train? I'm shocked (not really), that Opie thought he could just use a credit card on the train.

He should have taken the PATH back.

Furtherman 05-03-2012 12:38 PM

That's the closest I think I ever heard Anthony calling out Opie for being an idiot. He's right - he should have had cash on him for the trains.

I can't believe he didn't take a car service too.

realmenhatelife 05-03-2012 12:49 PM

This dumb motherfucker got on a train with no cash and is surprised a guy with a fucking HOLE PUNCH cant swipe his card.

Technically I have money, technically I have the fair...

And I'm glad the conductor called up to tell him that people with money and nice clothes still hustle shit as small as train fares.

Why does it cost more on the train, they're just trying to get more money from you, why is it twice the charge, I had the money for the original ticket.

The original ticket from the automated ticket machine you dumb shit, not the ticket from the living human who now has to wait on your stupid ass.

sailor 05-03-2012 01:37 PM

In their defense, they didn't plan on paying via CC; they were running late and bought they had enough cash to get by. Also, there's no reason for the ticket price to double because there's a human agent. First, the conductor is working the train no matter what. Second, if you buy your ticket from a human agent at a booth it costs the same as at a machine. For whatever reason they want to discourage buying tickets on the train. It smacks of price-gouging.

Chimee 05-03-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 2970649)
In their defense, they didn't plan on paying via CC; they were running late and bought they had enough cash to get by. Also, there's no reason for the ticket price to double because there's a human agent. First, the conductor is working the train no matter what. Second, if you buy your ticket from a human agent at a booth it costs the same as at a machine. For whatever reason they want to discourage buying tickets on the train. It smacks of price-gouging.

Having never ridden a train in my life, I will agree with Anthony's view that they are a bunch of lazy fucks who don't want to be bothered with people buying tickets on the train.

OGC 05-03-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

They want to discourage people from buying tickets on the train because sometimes there are only a few minutes between stops and the conductor/ticket puncher woudn't have enough time to sell a ticket to everyone. The solution would be to hire more conductors but then you would have them sitting there doing nothing if there weren't a lot of riders.

Furtherman 05-03-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

It smacks of price-gouging.

Of course it is. Why not charge the irresponsible extra for not following the rules?

Zorro 05-03-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

No matter how you slice it it costs NJ Transit more to sell tickets on the train than through a booth or machine.

Zorro 05-03-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furtherman (Post 2970654)
Of course it is. Why not charge the irresponsible extra for not following the rules?

Ur just the Maaan!

sailor 05-03-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furtherman (Post 2970654)

What's rules? You're allowed to buy them on the train. It's like how gas stations on the highway charge more for gas. It's understandable, but if a place charged double because it was 40 miles to the next station it would be seen as a scummy move.