RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   Games And Sports (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NFL Draft discussion thread (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91784)

Snoogans 04-26-2012 11:28 AM

NFL Draft discussion thread

We have alot of football fans on here, but most dont follow college much. So i made this to discuss the draft and also for the few board College football fans to tell the non college fans how well or poorly their team drafted.

With my Giants picking 32nd (awesome), ill have alot of time to think about other shit during the first round so

keithy_19 04-26-2012 11:36 AM

I bet the Raiders pick a punter.

Snoogans 04-26-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithy_19 (Post 2967465)
I bet the Raiders pick a punter.

though i see where you are goin, id say its highly unlikely since they have probably the best punter in the NFL

keithy_19 04-26-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoogans (Post 2967468)
though i see where you are goin, id say its highly unlikely since they have probably the best punter in the NFL

They do.

I bet the Raiders pick JaMarcus Russell.

ozzie 04-26-2012 12:02 PM

I swear, this has nothing to do with my hatred of all things 'bama'.

But... I hope that the Browns surprise the "experts" and take Blackmon over 'rent Richardson.

They have plenty of other picks to pick up a RB.

Snoogans 04-26-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzie (Post 2967472)
I swear, this has nothing to do with my hatred of all things 'bama'.

But... I hope that the Browns surprise the "experts" and take Blackmon over 'rent Richardson.

They have plenty of other picks to pick up a RB.

i hope the reports are true and the stupid jets trade up to 3 to get richardson.

By the way, i was hoping you would show up for this tonight ozzie. If you are here, me and we can get bob or bama woe could probably run down everything that happens pretty knowledgeably

underdog 04-26-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithy_19 (Post 2967469)
They do.

I bet the Raiders pick JaMarcus Russell.

Lucky for Raiders fans, they don't have any good picks.

weekapaugjz 04-26-2012 12:16 PM

The bills have needs at OT, LB, and WR. It will be interesting to see where they go. I think tackle is most pressing concern but if kalil and reiff are off the board, it seems like a bit of a reach to go for the third best tackle with the 10th pick. Michael Floyd could be solid opposite stevie johnson with david nelson in the slot.

ozzie 04-26-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoogans (Post 2967473)
i hope the reports are true and the stupid jets trade up to 3 to get richardson.

By the way, i was hoping you would show up for this tonight ozzie. If you are here, me and we can get bob or bama woe could probably run down everything that happens pretty knowledgeably

The Jets can have him.

I don't dislike his skills, just think the Browns have more pressing needs everywhere else on offense, and I don't like taking ANY RB that early. The year that Caddy and Ronnie both went in the top-5 picks, I thought it was a mistake too.

I hate to admit it, but the other bammers projected to go in the first round are ALL solid. Where and when they go is just a matter of need.

Barron, Kirkpatrick, Upshaw, Hightower... are ALL the best at their position, IMO. And 'rent is the best RB on the board... I just think the Browns should take Blackmon.

And, yes, I like Hightower ahead of Kuechly, or however it's spelled, from BC, if you're looking for an ILB.

Dre might have the most competition at CB with Claiborne from LSU and Gilmore from USCe... but whomever ends up with Dre is going to be happy.

cougarjake13 04-26-2012 12:47 PM

3 hrs plus til the start but it'll prob be 11 before the geeee men select

sailor 04-26-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underdog (Post 2967474)
Lucky for Raiders fans, they don't have any good picks.

he looked great in college. didn't translate. meh.

and do they even have any picks left?

cougarjake13 04-26-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 2967485)

Did he really look great or was it just bc they won the title one year with him as qb?

ozzie 04-26-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 2967485)

JaMarcus is still hanging around town here hoping to make a comeback if the Raiders want to try it again.

ozzie 04-26-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougarjake13 (Post 2967489)
Did he really look great or was it just bc they won the title one year with him as qb?

The sumbitch could sling a football a country mile, which Al always loved in his QB's.

I guess they hoped that they could teach him the rest... IF he was willing to learn, and he just wasn't (willing or able?... depends on who you ask).

Didn't quite work out for them.

sailor 04-26-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzie (Post 2967492)
The sumbitch could sling a football a country mile, which Al always loved in his QB's.

I guess they hoped that they could teach him the rest... IF he was willing to learn, and he just wasn't (willing or able?... depends on who you ask).

I'm not a huge college fan and the only game I saw was the sugar bowl. I remember being highly impressed with him there. And before then, weren't they talking about the raiders taking Brady Quinn before it switched to Jamarcus? He fucking sucked too.

KnoxHarrington 04-26-2012 01:53 PM

This video is becoming an annual NFL Draft tradition:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rZxNeFLuY98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The dude screaming "OH NO" after Roselle says that the Jets are taking a fullback totally cracks me up every time I hear it.

weekapaugjz 04-26-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoxHarrington (Post 2967494)
The dude screaming "OH NO" after Roselle says that the Jets are taking a fullback totally cracks me up every time I hear it.

my favorite is when they are all chanting for sapp and they go kyle brady.

epo 04-26-2012 02:43 PM

I can't wait for the Packers to trade down.

Snoogans 04-26-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougarjake13 (Post 2967479)
3 hrs plus til the start but it'll prob be 11 before the geeee men select

if they even do ,they are talkin about maybe trading back into the early 2nd round to try to grab an extra third and go after Sanu

for once that better be true. For once lets keep a guy at home

Snoogans 04-26-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzie (Post 2967492)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 2967493)
I'm not a huge college fan and the only game I saw was the sugar bowl. I remember being highly impressed with him there. And before then, weren't they talking about the raiders taking Brady Quinn before it switched to Jamarcus? He fucking sucked too.

i think he had plenty of ability, just not the attitude. He let himself go and got fat on purple drank. Now, they shoulda known from interviews he was an asshole but he definately could play

Snoogans 04-26-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoxHarrington (Post 2967494)
This video is becoming an annual NFL Draft tradition:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rZxNeFLuY98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my favorite part is the buccs fan jumping and laughing int he jets fans faces for taking Lageman. Goddamn what a video. Maybe we can edit Gholston and Sanchez into tghe end of it

Snacks 04-26-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougarjake13 (Post 2967489)

this exactly. most thought he was a 1 year wonder but because oak had the #1 pick he moved all the way up to 1. a lot of those so called analyst hated the pick but thought maybe it worked out.

as for trent richardson he is a stud and baring any injuries i think he could turn in to the best rb in the league within 2-3 years. if tb, clev etc dont get him the 2nd best rb imo in the draft is lamar miller out of miami, but he and every other rb in this draft are miles behind richardson.

weekapaugjz 04-26-2012 03:48 PM

browns swapped picks with vikings. not sure what else the vikings got.

weekapaugjz 04-26-2012 03:53 PM

so the browns gave up their fourth, fifth, and seventh round pick to move up one spot. were the vikings really even considering taking richardson?

Snacks 04-26-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekapaugjz (Post 2967509)
browns swapped picks with vikings. not sure what else the vikings got.

they must have gotten nervous about someone else moving up and taking richardson because they gave up a lot to move 1 spot. they swapped 1st round picks and clev also give minny, 3 more picks #'s 118, 139 and 211.