RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   That's Life: The Forum (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Our Kids Thread (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67067)

DiabloSammich 02-13-2008 11:30 AM

Our Kids Thread

I've noticed that we have alot of parents of this board, and I couldn't find a good all purpose thread to brag, vent, console, and inquire about all the things involved with our kids.
And the show is involved in parenting as well. Dave's getting ready to have a baby, Ron has kids, and Fez is playing with himself while talking to Coco on the phone, so he's not far behind.
Who knows, maybe we'll have enough interest to have a forum.

I'll start. We had a sonogram for our second child today, and we are pretty far along. It is a fasciniating moment to see the features of a small human inside of my wife. It is really humbling, and frightening, and exhilirating. We still haven't found out the sex yet, but we are discussing it. (As I already stated in another thread).

So, tell us about your kids!

mikeyboy 02-13-2008 11:32 AM

My 2 year old daughter told me yesterday that she didn't like me because I made her put on pants. Good times.

mendyweiss 02-13-2008 11:34 AM

Mendy does miss those exciting days. The kids are older now, and I have to keep Mendy junior from the "Hot CHicks Thread". It does go by fast.!!!

Hottub 02-13-2008 11:34 AM

Sean can get all the way through "Raining Blood"

drjoek 02-13-2008 11:39 AM

My oldest Patrick has been accepted to Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute to pursue a dual major in Chemical Engineering and Management. He also received the Rennselaer Medal Scholarship. He has tried out and may get a chance to pitch for RPI which is a DIII school
My daughter Moira a junior is All New England in Cross Country,indoor and outdoot track placing 6th the last 2 years. She hold the indoor and outdoor record in the 1600 and 3200 meters in her conference. She will be running Division I track and XC in 2009 hopefully on a full ride.

Proud Parent

topless_mike 02-13-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hottub (Post 1624579)
Sean can get all the way through "Raining Blood"

on what? guitar ?

Badinia 02-13-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyboy (Post 1624577)
My 2 year old daughter told me yesterday that she didn't like me because I made her put on pants. Good times.

Pants Fascist!

topless_mike 02-13-2008 11:50 AM

my son sean is all about the Art of the Topless...

he's going after Patrick's job:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...e/PB010036.jpg

after Mikey Background's job:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...n/P2030001.jpg

and after Foot's job:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...e/IMG_1048.jpg

hopefully he'll decide and settle to be a bass player.
he's got 7 of them to inherit.

MadMatt 02-13-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabloSammich (Post 1624574)
I've noticed that we have alot of parents of this board, and I couldn't find a good all purpose thread to brag, vent, console, and inquire about all the things involved with our kids.
And the show is involved in parenting as well. Dave's getting ready to have a baby, Ron has kids, and Fez is playing with himself while talking to Coco on the phone, so he's not far behind.
Who knows, maybe we'll have enough interest to have a forum.

I'll start. We had a sonogram for our second child today, and we are pretty far along. It is a fasciniating moment to see the features of a small human inside of my wife. It is really humbling, and frightening, and exhilirating. We still haven't found out the sex yet, but we are discussing it. (As I already stated in another thread).

So, tell us about your kids!

Have you gotten a 3-D sonogram? I don't think they are standard, but you can probably find one in your general area That will take pictures and give you a DVD - for a fee of course.

That was freaky amazing - you could see the features of our daughter's face while she was still in the womb! It wasn't like a Polaroid, but it was still neat.

My daughter will be 3 years old in March. She is the light of my life and the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are in for an interesting ride Budday! :clap:

underdog 02-13-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

My wife says the same thing all the time.

mendyweiss 02-13-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

And she hasn't been banned yet ?

drjoek 02-13-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendyweiss (Post 1624603)

BabyLuvWhatley
Last Activity: 02-11-2008 07:56 PM

Signature
My BabyLuv

Forum Info Contact Info
PostsTotal Posts: 55 (0.12 posts per day)

Oh she'd be banned if she posted more

IamPixie 02-13-2008 12:38 PM

who needs family?

Seriously though, Mike your kid is cute as a button.

Heather 8 02-13-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendyweiss (Post 1624603)

Why? She didn't bash Z-man.

Team_Ramrod 02-13-2008 01:31 PM

I have 3 kids...

boy - 5 (turns 6 March 31)
Girl - 5 (turns 6 March 31)
Girl - 3 (turns 4 February 16)

My girls both dance ballet and do gymnastics, My son does gymnastics and Hockey.

I've missed a lot of the past year of their lives because I started to work away from home February 7, 2007 so I could better provide for them.

Last summer I missed my daughters ballet recital, last night I missed my sons hockey game where he played during the 1st intermission of the Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL) hockey game. I missed many more in between but none sting more than those.

They are all the most special thing in my world and I'd give my life for them in an instant. Unfortunately I only get to spend time with them 8 days a month... for that, I hate myself.

I suck

DiabloSammich 02-13-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Ramrod (Post 1624694)
I have 3 kids...

boy - 5 (turns 6 March 31)
Girl - 5 (turns 6 March 31)
Girl - 3 (turns 4 February 16)

My girls both dance ballet and do gymnastics, My son does gymnastics and Hockey.

I've missed a lot of the past year of their lives because I started to work away from home February 7, 2007 so I could better provide for them.

Last summer I missed my daughters ballet recital, last night I missed my sons hockey game where he played during the 1st intermission of the Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL) hockey game. I missed many more in between but none sting more than those.

They are all the most special thing in my world and I'd give my life for them in an instant. Unfortunately I only get to spend time with them 8 days a month... for that, I hate myself.

I suck

Dude, the situation sucks, but not you. If you had thrown your hands up in the air and said fuck it to the whole thing and walked away from all of them, then I would say you suck. But your sacrificing your immediate happiness for their well being. That goes a long way.

Tall_James 02-13-2008 02:07 PM

I remember when my wife and I went for the sonogram for our first child. I turned to my wife after looking at the image and said to her...

"How the hell do you know how to make a human spine????"

Its a weird and wonderful time, enjoy it. Hopefully your wife will be visited in the middle of the night by the "Boobie Fairy". Its a prospective father's greatest gift.

A lot of you know that I quit my job to be a full-time stay-at-home Dad. We're coming up on the one year mark and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I just spent the last 20 minutes helping my 4 year old son to write Valentine's for his pre-school class. I got to go this afternoon to my 6 year old's Daisy (pre-Girl Scouts) graduation ceremony. These and a hundred other things are stuff that I would never have gotten the chance to experience if I didn't throw my career into cold storage.

I know I'm a very lucky man.

Tenbatsuzen 02-13-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tall_James (Post 1624744)

I know I'm a very lucky man.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LDiLOMP9MNE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LDiLOMP9MNE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

topless_mike 02-14-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamPixie (Post 1624652)
who needs family?

Seriously though, Mike your kid is cute as a button.

ty :wub:

Jujubees2 02-14-2008 05:24 AM

Two boys, 10 and 12 (fifth and seventh grades). The most recent best thing is that they both have "dates" for the Valentine's Day dance at their schools. Don't know where they got it from. I didn't have my first date until senior year in high school.

They are both also in the honors program at school but they get that from their Ivy-League educated mother.

And like Team_Ramrod I travel a bit so miss some things (I'm actually on the road now so I'll miss Valentine's Day with the Mrs.). But I make it up to them when I'm home.

nate1000 02-14-2008 05:40 AM

I wrestle with my kids a lot, so now my five year old son punches me every time he walks by me. Problem is he's up to my waist and his punches land directly on my balls. Good times.

You haven't lived until you've been dropped by a five year old out of the blue.

IamPixie 02-14-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate1000 (Post 1625297)

awww -violent and precious.

Bellyfullasnot 02-14-2008 05:44 AM

I have two boys, 8 and 5. My oldest greeted me in the kitchen this morning by splattering vomit off the tile floor and on my bare feet. My youngest decided at that point he wanted a snack, so I showed him the kitchen floor. He's downstairs watching Tom and Jerry.

I miss a lot of their weekend activities because I'm working. They also have to deal with the "aftermath" of a dad that works nights. They want to act like kids and I need to get at least 4 hours of sleep. This thread is a great idea and will help keep some of us sane.

DiabloSammich 02-14-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate1000 (Post 1625297)
I wrestle with my kids a lot, so now my five year old son punches me every time he walks by me. Problem is he's up to my waist and his punches land directly on my balls. Good times.

I was liying on the floor two nights ago and my three year old ran and jumped on my balls so hard I had to go outside and throw up.

These are the golden years...

ravn816 02-14-2008 05:58 AM

I've got one son, he's just over a year old (will be 14 months for those who count the months until they're 2). Just after New Year's he started walking full-time. I thought he was fast when he crawled. I think the baby babble that he speaks in long sentences in currently is starting to form some sort of English Language finally (although since the daycare he attends since me and my husband work full time has mostly vietnamese ladies there, we think he may have picked up a couple of those words and we don't even realize it). We think he's finally caught onto hi, bye-bye, dada, almost has mama, this, and that.

My son was a very big and unexpected surprise for us. We were in the middle of our 3 year long engagement doing wedding planning when I realized I was really LATE. He was born December 18, 2006, and since our wedding was planned and happened on September 15, 2007, he was just an added bonus to the wedding day. And because of him, I never had to hear the question, "when are the babies coming?" I just had to hand them the boy. (It's been a long and exciting and tiring year. This year I'm going on vacation and passing out for a long week.)