RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   Politics and Current Events (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Obama - Worst President Ever? (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76806)

TripleSkeet 07-01-2009 01:58 PM

Yea well, their definition of "obese" is also bullshit.

Rate yourself and see how many of you rank as obese or health risk...
http://www.njbariatricspc.com/obesity/bmi.asp

According to this I should weight 190 lbs. Yea fuck you. Id look like a fucking stick figure at 190. At the best shape I was ever in in my life at 6'2 215 I was considered a "health risk". Now at 230 Im considered obese.

And anyone thats met me can tell you thats a joke.

Serpico1103 07-01-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleSkeet (Post 2335064)
Yea well, their definition of "obese" is also bullshit.

According to this I should weight 190 lbs. Yea fuck you. Id look like a fucking stick figure at 190. At the best shape I was ever in in my life at 6'2 215 I was considered a "health risk". Now at 230 Im considered obese.

And anyone thats met me can tell you thats a joke.

Start hunting and gathering, you might find that 190lb is more realistic. However, I do think they have lowered the obese criteria a little low, it should be overweight, fat, obese, morbidly obese.
But, I think they just prefer obese.

angrymissy 07-01-2009 02:23 PM

According to the BMI thing I AM DESIRABLE. THANK YOU MR. BMI

Furtherman 07-01-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Desirable
I've always wanted to hear that word. :glurps: of joy!

TripleSkeet 07-01-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpico1103 (Post 2335077)
Start hunting and gathering, you might find that 190lb is more realistic. However, I do think they have lowered the obese criteria a little low, it should be overweight, fat, obese, morbidly obese.
But, I think they just prefer obese.

I wouldnt want to live at 190 pounds. Id feel like a fucking child with my height.

Serpico1103 07-01-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleSkeet (Post 2335350)
I wouldnt want to live at 190 pounds. Id feel like a fucking child with my height.

6'2 190? Look at professional fighters, wrestlers, MMA, boxing. That would be normal for them. And they are muscular at 190.
When we are eating all day, the only reason we have any fat is because we are eating too much. Fat's purpose is too store energy for when we are unable to get enough calories, when does that happen today? Other than when the drive through lane is slow.

A.J. 07-02-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleSkeet (Post 2335064)

I have the physique of a smack addict and yet I'm considered "Desirable". Who knew!

TripleSkeet 07-02-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpico1103 (Post 2335370)
6'2 190? Look at professional fighters, wrestlers, MMA, boxing. That would be normal for them. And they are muscular at 190.
When we are eating all day, the only reason we have any fat is because we are eating too much. Fat's purpose is too store energy for when we are unable to get enough calories, when does that happen today? Other than when the drive through lane is slow.

Dude those guys train 4 hours a day. That is there job. To expect normal people to get like that is just ridiculous. And guess what? In between fights they dont weight that. They start training about 6-10 weeks before a scheduled fight and cut the weight during that. Then they usually gain about 15 lbs. back the next day before the fight even happens!

Serpico1103 07-02-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleSkeet (Post 2336464)
Dude those guys train 4 hours a day. That is there job. To expect normal people to get like that is just ridiculous. And guess what? In between fights they dont weight that. They start training about 6-10 weeks before a scheduled fight and cut the weight during that. Then they usually gain about 15 lbs. back the next day before the fight even happens!

I don't expect you to get "like that", because we have created a society where you have to go to the gym to mimic what you would be doing in the wild. I am not saying "You should be 190!!!!" I am saying that any weight over that you should probably consider excess, and not develop some attachment to it.
Those guys gain weight, yes, but they are also more muscular than we should be. Look at humans that still live a hunter gather life style, that is how we are meant to look. Our bodies have not evolved as quickly as our diet.
If you weight 20 more lbs than the guidelines suggests, not a problem. If you are 50+ over, you should consider healthier choices.

CurseoftheBambi 07-02-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Now at 230 Im considered obese.
just tell em 200lbs is in my cock...i do.

Ogre 07-02-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpico1103 (Post 2336977)
I don't expect you to get "like that", because we have created a society where you have to go to the gym to mimic what you would be doing in the wild. I am not saying "You should be 190!!!!" I am saying that any weight over that you should probably consider excess, and not develop some attachment to it.
Those guys gain weight, yes, but they are also more muscular than we should be. Look at humans that still live a hunter gather life style, that is how we are meant to look. Our bodies have not evolved as quickly as our diet.
If you weight 20 more lbs than the guidelines suggests, not a problem. If you are 50+ over, you should consider healthier choices.

After reading many of your post's I have concluded that you derive great pleasure in telling others how they should eat, feel, and think. Did you not get picked for kickball when you were little? Maybe you sported a saftey patrol sash?

TripleSkeet 07-02-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpico1103 (Post 2336977)

I understand what youre saying, and Im saying that I dont feel anything less then 215 is healthy for my height. I really dont.Now if your a major athlete that has activities that dont allow you to keep that weight, thats a different story. But I dont care what the BMI scale says, I know thats not a health risk.

The weight they calculate is wrong. Muscle shouldnt be considered obese. All they go by is height and weight. They dont even measure body fat percentage. Thats just fucking dumb. I know guys the same height and close to my weight that look like 15 pounds of shit stuffed in an 8 pound bag. To put us in the same group is retarded.

Dude! 07-02-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre (Post 2336998)
After reading many of your post's I have concluded that you derive great pleasure in telling others how they should eat, feel, and think. Did you not get picked for kickball when you were little? Maybe you sported a saftey patrol sash?

you hit the nail on the head
he is all nanny

KatPw 07-02-2009 12:55 PM

According to that link my BMI is desirable which is bullshit. I still need to drop another 30 pounds. At least my size 12's are getting too loose.

Serpico1103 07-02-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre (Post 2336998)

Yeah. I randomly picked out foods, diets, and activities and deemed them healthy.
OR
I agree with a majority of the research that we lead very unhealthy lives; working in cubicles all day, sitting in a car for hours, eating candy, fast food, grains, watching too much TV, sitting in front of the computer too long.

Yeah, it is very radical of me to think that those things are unhealthy for us.
Oh, but I did appreciate your "original" kickball line. It was unfunny the first time it was ever uttered, and it is less funny now.
I'll give you a tip, a message board is for expressing opinions. I am expressing mine. Sorry if Mr. Kickball Champ of the 6th Grade (proudest moment of his sad little Ogre life) doesn't like that.

Serpico1103 07-02-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleSkeet (Post 2337022)
I understand what youre saying, and Im saying that I dont feel anything less then 215 is healthy for my height. I really dont.Now if your a major athlete that has activities that dont allow you to keep that weight, thats a different story. But I dont care what the BMI scale says, I know thats not a health risk.

The weight they calculate is wrong. Muscle shouldnt be considered obese. All they go by is height and weight. They dont even measure body fat percentage. Thats just fucking dumb. I know guys the same height and close to my weight that look like 15 pounds of shit stuffed in an 8 pound bag. To put us in the same group is retarded.

I agree. the system is too simplified to be used as rigid standard. But, it is a place to start. If you see you are way off, maybe it will cause you to look at your lifestyle.

Being 25lbs over, probably will not have a real effect on your health, especially if you are otherwise active. But, it lets you know that if you go to 250, you might be 60lbs over your optimal weight, and that would be cause for concern.

An accurate body fat assessment might be better, but it is not as available as a simple scale. So, maybe if the scale says you are way over, than you should follow it up with a body fat analysis.

TripleSkeet 07-02-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpico1103 (Post 2337063)
I agree. the system is too simplified to be used as rigid standard. But, it is a place to start. If you see you are way off, maybe it will cause you to look at your lifestyle.

Being 25lbs over, probably will not have a real effect on your health, especially if you are otherwise active. But, it lets you know that if you go to 250, you might be 60lbs over your optimal weight, and that would be cause for concern.

An accurate body fat assessment might be better, but it is not as available as a simple scale. So, maybe if the scale says you are way over, than you should follow it up with a body fat analysis.

Im not worried about it for myself. Im 33 and I realize I could be in a little better shape. My point is though when someone like me is being characterized as "obese" then maybe the numbers they feed us about this crazy obesity problem in this country is like everything else you see on the news......utter bullshit.

Serpico1103 07-02-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleSkeet (Post 2337129)
Im not worried about it for myself. Im 33 and I realize I could be in a little better shape. My point is though when someone like me is being characterized as "obese" then maybe the numbers they feed us about this crazy obesity problem in this country is like everything else you see on the news......utter bullshit.

Yeah, as i stated before, obese should be reserved for a much heavier person. You might fit into the medical terms of plump, pudgy, soft in the middle, spare tire, etc.
Overuse of the term "obesity" dilutes its impact. I think obese is more like 50%+ over your ideal weight. So, in your case, it would be about 275. And, unfortunately we see plenty of people everyday who are twice their ideal weight.

Ogre 07-02-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpico1103 (Post 2337056)
Yeah. I randomly picked out foods, diets, and activities and deemed them healthy.
OR
I agree with a majority of the research that we lead very unhealthy lives; working in cubicles all day, sitting in a car for hours, eating candy, fast food, grains, watching too much TV, sitting in front of the computer too long.

Yeah, it is very radical of me to think that those things are unhealthy for us.
Oh, but I did appreciate your "original" kickball line. It was unfunny the first time it was ever uttered, and it is less funny now.
I'll give you a tip, a message board is for expressing opinions. I am expressing mine. Sorry if Mr. Kickball Champ of the 6th Grade (proudest moment of his sad little Ogre life) doesn't like that.

You are a condescending know it all. I'll give you a tip. The only reason you sir express your views in such a manner, is because you hide behind your keyboard.

I'll give you another life's observation. The degree that someone is an asshole is directly proportional to the distance they are away from the other person.

Hiding miles away- Big Shit talker.
Up close and personal- Big Pussy.

Have a nice life judging others. BTW I was pretty fuckin good at kickball.

Serpico1103 07-02-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre (Post 2337269)
You are a condescending know it all. I'll give you a tip. The only reason you sir express your views in such a manner, is because you hide behind your keyboard.

I'll give you another life's observation. The degree that someone is an asshole is directly proportional to the distance they are away from the other person.

Hiding miles away- Big Shit talker.
Up close and personal- Big Pussy.

Have a nice life judging others. BTW I was pretty fuckin good at kickball.

I was not judging anyone. I was stating that we lead unhealthy lives. If you took that personally that speaks to how you perceive yourself.
If anything I placed the blame on society, pressuring us into office jobs for 8-10 hours a day, instead of foraging for food and getting our daily dose of exercise that way.

Since, you directed your post at me personally, and your "oh so accurate" assessment of my kickball skills, which degree of assholeness do you fit into? Shit talker or big pussy?

Oh, I have a condescending manner in person too. Especially to people who reached their physical peak in 6th grade kickball.

TheMojoPin 07-02-2009 02:57 PM

Drop the personal attacks now.

The Jays 07-02-2009 06:01 PM

Shut up, you lib.

keithy_19 07-02-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMojoPin (Post 2337316)
Drop the personal attacks now.

Just once I want to read you put 'Raise the personal attacks now'.

Ogre 07-03-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpico1103 (Post 2337305)
I was not judging anyone. I was stating that we lead unhealthy lives. If you took that personally that speaks to how you perceive yourself.
If anything I placed the blame on society, pressuring us into office jobs for 8-10 hours a day, instead of foraging for food and getting our daily dose of exercise that way.

Since, you directed your post at me personally, and your "oh so accurate" assessment of my kickball skills, which degree of assholeness do you fit into? Shit talker or big pussy?
Oh, I have a condescending manner in person too. Especially to people who reached their physical peak in 6th grade kickball.

Be more than happy for you to ask me in person then you can find out for yourself.

Mojo,
As far as personal attacks. I have been called a racist (because I disagree with The President's policies) a right wing religious nut (because I am not afraid to say I believe in Jesus Christ out loud) and a dumb gun toting hilbilly (because I believe in gun owners rights) and other wonderful things on this board. Nobody came running to defend me, and I could care less.

My point here is that Serpico spends alot of time telling others how to live and what to think. I thought Liberals were supposed to be a Kumbahya and accepting of everyone without judging them?

There is a big difference about posting your opinions on life, and posting life instructions.

The Jays 07-03-2009 07:10 AM

Who called you those things?