RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   Your Life's a Movie! (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Louis C.K. (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87918)

hammersavage 07-01-2010 11:38 AM

really? when he moved the black kids closer to the window, i had tears in my eyes.

i thought the first episode was hilarious and the 2nd one was pretty funny too.

badorties 07-01-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammersavage (Post 2736937)
really? when he moved the black kids closer to the window, i had tears in my eyes.

i thought the first episode was hilarious and the 2nd one was pretty funny too.

thought both episodes were great, but the blinky acting style of Jimmy Norton & and hammy mugging of Nick DiPaolo really seemed out of place

IamFogHat 07-01-2010 12:06 PM

When he told that dog story I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.

Gutter 07-01-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badorties (Post 2736944)
thought both episodes were great, but the blinky acting style of Jimmy Norton & and hammy mugging of Nick DiPaolo really seemed out of place

i didn't think any of that was acting. jimmy is blinky in real life. Bobby's scene was excellent.

Kevin 07-01-2010 12:48 PM

The first was def funnier than the 2nd one. The 2nd one was decent.

The interaction with the chick was awesome.

IamFogHat 07-01-2010 12:49 PM

That was Jimmy's ex girlfriend btw. And also btw I only know that because of the Marc Maron podcast.

Gutter 07-01-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 2736999)
The first was def funnier than the 2nd one. The 2nd one was decent.

The interaction with the chick was awesome.

him making out with that chick was friggin cringe worthy hahaha...the kids they got to play their younger selves were perfect. really looked the part.

Kevin 07-01-2010 12:50 PM

Also, what kind of animal throws away the pizza crust?

ozzie 07-01-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBox (Post 2735955)
I saw Louis CK perform a couple months ago in Lakewood, NJ. He was actually recording for use in a future episode, maybe. Before he started they put a couple actors in the audience and recorded a scene with a couple hecklers. So if there is a future show where Louis is doing standup in "Alabama" and someone from the audience yells at him to "talk shit about Mobile" I was there. And if I were a couple rows back I might have even been in frame.

The downside is I've seen all this standup in the show before.

Wait, so, he asked the NJ audience to pretend to be from Alabama?

Great. [/sarcasm]

"talk shit about Mobile"... did the actor end it with a hearty "YEeeeeeeeeHaw!!" too?

I hope the banjo playing into music didn't throw him off his routine.

Let it be known.

underdog 07-01-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badorties (Post 2736944)

Yeah, that was a little rough.

torker 07-01-2010 02:08 PM

That was Nick Apollo's finest acting ever.
http://blog.soapoperafan.com/wp-cont...8/10/sonny.jpg

thepaulo 07-01-2010 02:51 PM

I thought the second episodes opening scene was deftly handled but a little shocking in it's use of profanitities....I know it's FX but still.

sailor 07-01-2010 03:46 PM

That reminds me, some curses were ok but others got bleeped out?

IamFogHat 07-01-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 2737177)
That reminds me, some curses were ok but others got bleeped out?

Yeah, when he would say 'fuck' in his act they bleeped it, but I'm guessing the edited the show that way before giving it to the network, the way record companies do with music for radio, since he knew ahead of time what words they were and weren't allowed to say.

Gerald 07-05-2010 09:04 PM

Love the show so far. It's the first show in over a decade that I'm going to go out of my way to watch, East Bound notwithstanding (which I bought on dvd and didn't witness the original airings of). I reached a point some time ago where I stopped being a tv guy, but for Louis I'll make an exception. I just love his creative and comic sensibilities.

I also went back and listened to his fair, constructive critique of Gap for the dozenth time. Every time I hear this, it climbs higher and higher on my list of all-time favorite O&A broadcasts. Paul O., I don't know if you've listened to it recently, but you have a lot of really funny lines and interjections in there as well. Give yourself credit for hanging tough with a barb-meister like Louis C.K. and being just as integral to the nurturing of radio gold.

thepaulo 07-06-2010 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 2738706)
Love the show so far. It's the first show in over a decade that I'm going to go out of my way to watch, East Bound notwithstanding (which I bought on dvd and didn't witness the original airings of). I reached a point some time ago where I stopped being a tv guy, but for Louis I'll make an exception. I just love his creative and comic sensibilities.

I also went back and listened to his fair, constructive critique of Gap for the dozenth time. Every time I hear this, it climbs higher and higher on my list of all-time favorite O&A broadcasts. Paul O., I don't know if you've listened to it recently, but you have a lot of really funny lines and interjections in there as well. Give yourself credit for hanging tough with a barb-meister like Louis C.K. and being just as integral to the nurturing of radio gold.

I appreciate a fair perspective. Thank you.

meanmrbill 07-06-2010 06:13 AM

Wow. Just watched the first episode and I can't believe what a pile of shit it was. Not one laugh. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Paulo...don't waste another minute of your life following this guy's career.

Furtherman 07-06-2010 06:56 AM

Dennis Leary gave a great plug to this show during his interview on the Daily Show last night. Gave Louis CK a lot of props.

JPMNICK 07-06-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furtherman (Post 2738806)
Dennis Leary gave a great plug to this show during his interview on the Daily Show last night. Gave Louis CK a lot of props.

i can't wait to hear him turn the bus driver bit into a song!

torker 07-06-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanmrbill (Post 2738775)
Wow. Just watched the first episode and I can't believe what a pile of shit it was. Not one laugh. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

crazy talk

Space Edge 07-06-2010 07:21 AM

I think tonights episode is the one where Nick and Louis get in a fight. A few months back it was leaked by an extra and a few places picked it up as a real fight between Nick and Louis.

DOHO@HOME 07-06-2010 07:29 AM

I was able to see the first two shows the other night, I was hoping for more.
It wasn't that bad but I was surprised how much FX let them get away with, wish more cable shows would follow suit.
The show should pick up pace within the next few shows.

meanmrbill 07-06-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanmrbill (Post 2738775)

Quote:

Originally Posted by torker (Post 2738810)
crazy talk

If its crazy to find contrived humor unfunny then so be it.

torker 07-06-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanmrbill (Post 2738872)
If its crazy to find contrived humor unfunny then so be it.

Granted, humor is subjective...
Mr. C.K.'s standup is world class. I will say he is one of the funniest of all time, ranking up with the greatest. The show is far from ground breaking in it's approach, but I don't think it's trying to be. While it may be contrived, it's still funnier (based on 2 episodes) than 99.9% of what is be offered as comedy television today.

torker 07-06-2010 05:39 PM

10:00 Pm Fx