RonFez.net Messageboard

RonFez.net Messageboard (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/index.php)
-   Politics and Current Events (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Scott Walker the naturally thin Chris Christie (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89450)

WRESTLINGFAN 02-16-2011 06:07 PM

Scott Walker the naturally thin Chris Christie

Well the public sector unions are going apeshit in Wisconsin. This is causing teachers to call out sick. Students are marching in the street.

From my take of this, the governor isnt taking away the right of collective bargaining for salaries. Its the pension and health care benefits that shouldnt be collectively bargained.

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/16/133814...spark-protests

BustahMyTool 02-16-2011 06:08 PM

Tilt is a kickass album

HBox 02-16-2011 06:20 PM

When a governor wants to unilaterally strip collective bargaining rights and threatens to send in the national guard in the event of a strike...... yeah, that's a bit much.

WRESTLINGFAN 02-16-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBox (Post 2820722)
When a governor wants to unilaterally strip collective bargaining rights and threatens to send in the national guard in the event of a strike...... yeah, that's a bit much.

"Tin soldiers and Obamas coming. We're finally on our own" just doesnt have the same appeal

KnoxHarrington 02-16-2011 07:23 PM

I'm sure Epo will be along soon to lay waste to this thread, so I'll just post my favorite Scott Walker song here:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RnLfST5Avqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC2OSO 02-16-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoxHarrington (Post 2820736)
I'm sure Epo will be along soon to lay waste to this thread, so I'll just post my favorite Scott Walker song here:

Very nice tune. The intro is sort of long.

spoon 02-16-2011 09:55 PM

Yah I'd be willing to bet Eps is busy actually dealing with the situation versus being here to post about it. We'll get a check soon enough, but this mayor seems like a world class asshole. I wonder how many people think it's a good thing that the working class, our middle class is the only target of our government's budget crackdown. I truly can't believe how often people with rally to the cry that is completely against their own best interest. Sure some tweaks have to be made, but ripping those few unions we have left apart is NOT the answer. And this isn't going to fix budgets in any state. I am however angry that the dems didn't live up to their promise to make it easier/safer to unionize and protect those that want to do so.

Pitdoc 02-16-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRESTLINGFAN (Post 2820710)
Well the public sector unions are going apeshit in Wisconsin. This is causing teachers to call out sick. Students are marching in the street.

From my take of this, the governor isnt taking away the right of collective bargaining for salaries. Its the pension and health care benefits that shouldnt be collectively bargained.

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/16/133814...spark-protests

Yes, he says he has to do it to avoid deficits.... deficits he created by giving big corporations in his state tax cuts ( He gave a tax cut to McDONALDS, saying they wouldn't open more restauraunts in the state if they didnt have them)

spoon 02-17-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitdoc (Post 2820827)
Yes, he says he has to do it to avoid deficits.... deficits he created by giving big corporations in his state tax cuts ( He gave a tax cut to McDONALDS, saying they wouldn't open more restauraunts in the state if they didnt have them)

classic

WRESTLINGFAN 02-17-2011 03:01 AM

Hosni Walker?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f_OPQR7RJ0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

epo 02-17-2011 07:10 AM

I'll lay waste to this thread in depth at a later time, but let me state these quick points:

1. In total compensation public sector workers in WI make 8.2% less than private sectors for similar work.
2. The state is projected to have a $127M surplus as of January so this is an imaginary crisis.
3. In January Walker gave about $140M in tax cuts away to corporations.
4. Walker figures that this will save the state $300M over 2 years (look at point 3 for correlation).
5. He skipped the negotation process with the public unions and just did this. They were willing to give concesssions.
6. He wants to decertify the public unions which means they can't negotiate for anything but pay. Not on pension, health care, working conditions or safety.
7. He gave an exception to the decertification to cops & firefighters claiming public safety, yet they were the only groups to support him in the election. Political payback?

I've got to go now, we've got flaming bags of poo to put on his steps.

Snoogans 02-17-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitdoc (Post 2820827)

i love that shit. The best part will be when no one can go to those new McDonalds they opened because the governor made them pay for their own benefits and took away their pensions

KC2OSO 02-17-2011 07:35 AM

http://www.tvacres.com/images/hats_jimmywalker.jpg

WRESTLINGFAN 02-17-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epo (Post 2820896)
I'll lay waste to this thread in depth at a later time, but let me state these quick points:

1. In total compensation public sector workers in WI make 8.2% less than private sectors for similar work.
2. The state is projected to have a $127M surplus as of January so this is an imaginary crisis.
4. Walker figures that this will save the state $300M over 2 years (look at point 3 for correlation).
5. He skipped the negotation process with the public unions and just did this. They were willing to give concesssions.
6. He wants to decertify the public unions which means they can't negotiate for anything but pay. Not on pension, health care, working conditions or safety.
7. He gave an exception to the decertification to cops & firefighters claiming public safety, yet they were the only groups to support him in the election. Political payback?

Don't even lay a hand on Lara Logan. as far as Anderson Cooper dont hurt him too badly

Snoogans 02-17-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

you better hope no one does this or you will be forced to take down your map of houses that you want to burn shit on their porch

WRESTLINGFAN 02-17-2011 08:21 AM

I hope the protesters get creative like the Egyptians did and walk around like this

http://www.rachelleb.com/images/2005...cheesehead.jpg

epo 02-17-2011 09:20 AM

The Senate Democrats have left the Capitol to break the quorum. Without them there is no vote and the governor has called for the state police to track them down. Sort of like Texas democrats a few years ago with the redistricting challenge.

Snoogans 02-17-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epo (Post 2821029)
The Senate Democrats have left the Capitol to break the quorum. Without them there is no vote and the governor has called for the state police to track them down. Sort of like Texas democrats a few years ago with the redistricting challenge.

Maybe he will call on the CIA next. Or threaten to bomb his own state like Iran did

epo 02-17-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoogans (Post 2821032)
Maybe he will call on the CIA next. Or threaten to bomb his own state like Iran did

This is fucking great. I love my party for putting this together and turning this into the event that is has become.

spoon 02-17-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

It's a lot easier to gain camp contributions from corps than unions as a Republican, yet he somehow landed those you mentioned which baffles me to no end.

Also, isn't it funny how badly everything has favored corporations since the days of Reagan (so bad for the country overall and especially the middle class and regulation)? I can't stand just about everything he has done. I loathe the guy so much I refuse to use that awful airport, not even for connections.

Dudeman 02-17-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

You're dealing with real issues and real facts. WF, although having started this thread, is posting Hosni and Lara Logan jokes and posting pics of cheeseheads. Why do people still attempt to engage in discussions with him/her? He/She is the shirley phelps-roper of RF.net.

WRESTLINGFAN 02-17-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudeman (Post 2821141)
You're dealing with real issues and real facts. WF, although having started this thread, is posting Hosni and Lara Logan jokes and posting pics of cheeseheads. Why do people still attempt to engage in discussions with him/her? He/She is the shirley phelps-roper of RF.net.

That line was so 2010 of you.

Why are teachers not going to work? If that was the private sector they would be tossed out on their asses.

I love how they are using children as their puppets. What do these kids know about taxes and collective bargaining?

Is there a law in WI that forbids public sector workers from striking? I know NY has something called the Taylor law

spoon 02-17-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudeman (Post 2821141)

Epo just sent me his true response to WF...

http://www.eddypolusa.com/lifes-too-...ead-755518.jpg

WRESTLINGFAN 02-17-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon (Post 2821148)
Epo just sent me his true response to WF...

http://www.eddypolusa.com/lifes-too-...ead-755518.jpg

Anyone wearing a cheese head should not only lose their job, they should be Anderson Coopered

spoon 02-17-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRESTLINGFAN (Post 2821150)
Anyone wearing a cheese head should not only lose their job, they should be Anderson Coopered

you know that really isn't epo I hope

bc epo is black