Dr Steve
Weird Medicine Forum Moderator
Click here to ask Dr. Steve a question!

Turd of a Mod

I can't seem to get hard

Big Ass 00001 View My Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebazile78 View Post
And if you need relief NOW-NOW-NOW and don't want to shell out for the Neti Pot, use plain saline nasal spray.

Store brand in a squeezy bottle runs about $2 per bottle.
HOWEVER, I prefer Simply Saline, which is about $5 per can because it's compressed-air propelled so there's no risk of your mucus accidentally suctioning back into your bottle of saline.

Also I usually hang my head upside down to do my "irrigation" so that nothing rolls down my throat before I can get to my box of tissues.
I LOVE simply saline and prescribe it all the time...you won't get that "saline sinus flush" like you do with the saline irrigation pots, but it's great for keeping the membranes moist and thinning out nasal mucus. There's very little downside to nasal saline and you can use it as often as you like, as long as you don't have any contraindications to sticking something into your nose or have end stage congestive heart failure.

I wonder if anyone has ever looked into whether nasal saline has enough salt in it to cause problems with high blood pressure? I'll look into it. Since the goal is to get the saline back OUT of your nose, I can't imagine that you absorb enough to cause a problem. (But I'll check into it, for completeness' sake).

Be sure you check out anything you read here with your regular health care provider.
"Credo Che Tutti gli Uomini Siano Fratelli" Doctor Steve: Vintner to the Stars
http://www.doctorsteve.com
Dr Steve is offline   Reply With Quote