Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #65
realmenhatelife
Nothing starts the day like droning mopery.
I do enjoy lentils.
I just called my step sister and rubbed my dick on the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Impact View Post
Having a conversation option blocked off is a dynamic ending based on your choices over the course of 3 games and 7 years, it's having a choice blocked because you didn't get enough of a paragon/renegade score in this game. Aside from that the bigger issue is that
they only difference between the 3 endings is the color of the explosion
. That's not the "your choices matter" ending they promised but failed to deliver. Which is a shame because the rest of the series, and even most of ME3 was insanely well written.
But you couldn't have endings that rely on you having played all three games and still having your save. People would flip shit if the game withheld content that could only be unlocked by franchise long saves.

If we're to believe the indoctrination video, and I think it's plausible, the endings were visually similar but hugely different. Maybe the cinematics they release will help satisfy this for you.

But decisions between saves did change gameplay. I started a new campaign because I wanted to play a different class, which I later regretted because I saved everyone at the end of ME 2 and did not run into them in ME 3, because they were dead. Now I'm going back to replay from my save because I want to get those interactions I missed.
realmenhatelife is offline   Reply With Quote