View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
IamFogHat
Jennifer gets all the kisses she wants from me
Who's up for some man on man oral rape?
Sir Pounce A Lot
Plus I could blow him I guess, if it got him out of his funk

Default The Dark Tower ending (spoiler alert)

Ok, so it's been about two years or so since I finished the series, and just to recap, at the end, Roland gets to his destination only to realize he's in a loop until he gets it right, and at the very end he gets spit back into the loop, he becomes self aware of it, and the series ends ostensibly with him back at the beginning of The Gunslinger.
I liked the ending after a few months for this reason, it had been touted as King's magnum opus, and I always had a theory that when you complete your masterpiece you are done as an artist, however he keeps going with great shit, so therefore his masterpiece is done, and yet his creative output continues on, in a continuous loop (until death obviously) so I took the whole work as a commentary on creative output.
Ok so fine, but taking the Dark Tower as a whole, I thought the ending sucked a bag of shit, as cop out. In other words, he was supposed to deliver a climactic final battle between good and evil, but he didn't want to be cliche, so he did what he did. Ok I get it. But after the investment of about 3,000 pages we invested I thought it sucked a bag of dicks.
I bring this up now because I'm really worried Lost will end this way and if it does it will ruin my favorite show forever.
So, my question is, will those of you who liked the ending of the Dark Tower please tell me why it was good, cause most people I've heard about it love it. So maybe I'm missing something and I want to know why I should appreciate it.
Thanks, ka-tet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy123 View Post
Heaven is a rim job from foggy.
IamFogHat is offline   Reply With Quote