View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
landarch

Big Ass 11081

I finally signed up for that several years ago after I paid for one service call on the AC. My furnace was built with the house in 1957 and although it works great and is in great shape, there is no reason to have it uninsured when the insurance from PSE&G is so cheap. The rule of thum I used was to cover everything that I couldn't lift out of here and replace on my own. They offer to cover stove, dryer, washer, etc. but it's not worth it for me because I can either fix or replace them.

If you have an older AC, it pays to have it covered anyway. Ours has a small leak, and loses about a pound of coolant every year or two. They come and charge it every time with no questions asked. Also, the newest AC systems are being designed with a new refrigerant, with the plan to phase out the old R22 refrigerant. This will make the R22 extremely expensive in coming years, so it could be that one visit for your AC next year would more than pay for itself.

They were just here on Saturday for my heater. The fan limit switch went bad, and he had to make a couple of trips between here and his stockroom, but he got it going again in no time and for no additional cost. Very pleasant group of workers too. I can't recommend the service enough.